Gig has been denied for third party violation of TOS?

isaac4n1

Hello wonderful community of Fiverr, I am writing here regarding a problem I came home to today which left me very sad. I have poured my heart and soul into this gig to make all my customers satisfied, I have gained several 5 star ratings, All the content on the gig was mine, I wrote the description and any words in the gig, I used screenshots I had taken myself and I am pretty sure there is no other Terms which I have broken. I have followed all the rules and have carefully obeyed the Terms Of Service Fiverr has for its sellers.

My Gig Was: I will setup a professional minecraft server, which means that I will configure several plugins for the buyer in the game when he/she purchases the gig.

UPDATE: They said I should never mention Minecraft in my gigs, which I find quite dumb due to the fact that many sellers use the same term and never get their gig removed.

I then stated this and am currently awaiting a reply. Many users setup plugins for their buyers and I’m the only one that got kicked out of doing it.

You will need to send this message to customer support to try to clarify why your gig was denied since we can’t see it or tell you why.

Thanks for your advice, I have done that and I’m currently awaiting their reply. Thank you for taking time out of your day to help me.

I see that you offered to set up something and “in return they pay you for your hard work.”

It’s sounding like you offer to do the job and then they pay you which is not how fiverr works. They pay first. Then you do the job. Whether or not this was the reason I don’t know.

I mean’t they purchase the gig, and I do the work. sorry if that wasn’t clear. Might of misworded that. I’ll change it, thanks!

Was your gig against Minecraft’s terms of service?

It definetly wasn’t, I’ve been doing this service for years and I’m pretty sure helping people out for a price isn’t really something you can get banned for. Plugin configuration is something people normally do and some people even make a living out of it.

Do you have the appropriate license to sell this?

it doesn’t really require a license, It’s a service learnt from hands-on experience. Minecraft does not limit any developer/configurator from doing any work and their terms of service do not state anything against plugin configuration.

That is strange to me, I don’t see why it would be against the rules. It’s essentially like setting up plugins for a website but for a game instead.
Curious to hear what CS say.
Do you have a screenshot of your gig description? There might be something there that sounds off. Or it could be using a Minecraft image that is the issue. Did you use screenshots?

it doesn’t really require a license, It’s a service learnt from hands-on experience. Minecraft does not limit any developer/configurator from doing any work and their terms of service do not state anything against plugin configuration.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe you used their creative in a way that isn’t allowed or something like that.

That is strange to me, I don’t see why it would be against the rules. It’s essentially like setting up plugins for a website but for a game instead.

Curious to hear what CS say.

Do you have a screenshot of your gig description? There might be something there that sounds off. Or it could be using a Minecraft image that is the issue. Did you use screenshots?

Yes, I used screenshots of the buyer’s server as a portfolio sample. The gig description was something similar to this (don’t have the exact description due to the gig being denied)

`Hello, my name is Isaac. I have been configuring Minecraft servers for the past 5 years and have gained lots of experience throughout my time of configuration. In this Gig I fully configure your minecraft server. Meaning that I will configure each plugin that your server has to your liking.

I can do any one of these gamemodes:

• Survival
  • Factions
  • Skyblock
  • Paintball
  • Hide & Seek
  • Eggwars
  • Skywars
  • Bedwars
  • Paintball
  • OP Prison
  • Prison
  • Modded Server

If your desired gamemode is not on this list, please don’t hesitate to contact me, I could of easily forgotten to add it to the list and have experience in creating it :)`

The thing is many gigs on fiverr use minecraft screenshots so I don’t think thats the problem.

Yes, I used screenshots of the buyer’s server as a portfolio sample. The gig description was something similar to this (don’t have the exact description due to the gig being denied)

`Hello, my name is Isaac. I have been configuring Minecraft servers for the past 5 years and have gained lots of experience throughout my time of configuration. In this Gig I fully configure your minecraft server. Meaning that I will configure each plugin that your server has to your liking.

• Survival
  • Factions
  • Skyblock
  • Paintball
  • Hide & Seek
  • Eggwars
  • Skywars
  • Bedwars
  • Paintball
  • OP Prison
  • Prison
  • Modded Server

If your desired gamemode is not on this list, please don’t hesitate to contact me, I could of easily forgotten to add it to the list and have experience in creating it :)`

The thing is many gigs on fiverr use minecraft screenshots so I don’t think thats the problem.

It sounds like that could be an issue, though. Brands are very protective of what you share commercially.

It sounds like that could be an issue, though. Brands are very protective of what you share commercially.

Screenshots are meant to be shared though, Screenshots can never be the same due to the fact that it depends on your position in the game (unless you take 2 at once)

• Survival
  • Factions
  • Skyblock
  • Paintball
  • Hide & Seek
  • Eggwars
  • Skywars
  • Bedwars
  • Paintball
  • OP Prison
  • Prison
  • Modded Server

I don’t see anything wrong in that myself.

Did you have a minecraft logo or something in an image?

Anyway, we can only speculate. Let us know what support says if you would.

I don’t see anything wrong in that myself.

Did you have a minecraft logo or something in an image?

Anyway, we can only speculate. Let us know what support says if you would.

No logos, just plain screenshots. Just awaiting a reply from CS. Although I appreciate your replies very much 🙂

Hello wonderful community of Fiverr, I am writing here regarding a problem I came home to today which left me very sad. I have poured my heart and soul into this gig to make all my customers satisfied, I have gained several 5 star ratings, All the content on the gig was mine, I wrote the description and any words in the gig, I used screenshots I had taken myself and I am pretty sure there is no other Terms which I have broken. I have followed all the rules and have carefully obeyed the Terms Of Service Fiverr has for its sellers.

My Gig Was: I will setup a professional minecraft server, which means that I will configure several plugins for the buyer in the game when he/she purchases the gig.

UPDATE: They said I should never mention Minecraft in my gigs, which I find quite dumb due to the fact that many sellers use the same term and never get their gig removed.

I then stated this and am currently awaiting a reply. Many users setup plugins for their buyers and I’m the only one that got kicked out of doing it.

They said I should never mention Minecraft in my gigs, which I find quite dumb due to the fact that many sellers use the same term and never get their gig removed.

It could be that those sellers haven’t been caught yet, especially if they have created their gigs before the rule was made.

Archived