Gig items Gig Extra: title contains illegal characters

icephoenix18

I have no clue what it is i’m doing wrong. I’ve been at this for nearly 1 hour. No spaces at the start, no characters other than english letters, no unique characters (:;@.) etc…

My titles are:

Chapter Creator
Creation Aplenty
Prime Novelist

I’ve took out capitals, put them in, changed titles, re-wrote them. Nothing makes a difference. Why is it so darn specific?

Help!

Looks like you posted this about 4 hours ago. Got it sorted?

Capitalization doesn’t matter, except if you included a whole bunch in the gig title or something. Check your Gig Extras you can only add (.)
Characters like (,), (&) or (!) etc… will not be accepted. Maybe another forum aficionado will see this thread to give you suggestions. 🙂

• 1 month later...

Looks like you posted this about 4 hours ago. Got it sorted?

Capitalization doesn’t matter, except if you included a whole bunch in the gig title or something. Check your Gig Extras you can only add (.)

Characters like (,), (&) or (!) etc… will not be accepted. Maybe another forum aficionado will see this thread to give you suggestions. 🙂

I’m stuck here also! Been trying all night to add a simple Gig extra, but keep getting this error message when I try to add an extra with the title “Social Media Names” (or any variation thereof).

I’ve reached out to Fiverr many times about its vague and frustrating error messages, but this one is the worst I’ve seen in a while.

Did you ever get it sorted?

• 1 year later...

I believe the only non-alphanumeric character you’re allowed to use is the comma. Any other symbol, like a period, hyphen, or exclamation mark, is illegal.

This is the title of the gig I’m trying to create (without the quotes):

‘Run script’

I really don’t see whats wrong with it 😕

Guest merciavideo

This is the title of the gig I’m trying to create (without the quotes):

‘Run script’

I really don’t see whats wrong with it 😕

‘Run script’

Needs to be a minimum of 15 characters.

I’ve changed the title to ‘Run script on linux’ 19 characters is below the maximum and more than 15 characters but still gets me the same error …

I forgot to mention this is a extra title and the full error is:

“Gig items Gig Extra: title contains illegal characters”

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This is apparently an ongoing issue. Today is August 13, 2019. I am attempting to add a title that says Sync Voiceover to Video. Nothing more, nothing less. No special character or spaces. Yet, I am getting the same error message.

Try not capitalizing any words. I’ve been through this myself when I tried to edit a gig’s extras and ended up leaving out most of the extras just to get the gig back and working. Out of six extras I ended up with only three and had to give up on the others.

I found and fixed the problem. The error message was stating I had a problem in my title. However, it was my description that had “illegal” characters- a word in parentheses. This was frustrating as my title had no capitalized words, punctuation, special characters, etc. and it kept saying my title was wrong.
When I changed the problem in my description (but still left my title as is), I stopped getting the error message and it accepted it. So, while it claims your title is the problem, you might want to check the description, too, as I did. Must be a glitch in the system.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Its clearly a bug saying the issue is in the gig title but in actual it is the description Try removing any special character like parenthesis, exclamatory mark etc from the description and you will be good. Really frustrating it was to not able to fix basic error.

Seconding this. This is the problem. Don’t have any weird characters in your descriptions, either.

• 5 months later...

I found and fixed the problem. The error message was stating I had a problem in my title. However, it was my description that had “illegal” characters- a word in parentheses. This was frustrating as my title had no capitalized words, punctuation, special characters, etc. and it kept saying my title was wrong.

When I changed the problem in my description (but still left my title as is), I stopped getting the error message and it accepted it. So, while it claims your title is the problem, you might want to check the description, too, as I did. Must be a glitch in the system.

This is by far the most helpful post here, Thank you so much. This is the only thing that worked. I recommend this before going and simplifying all your titles. This will save the trouble of re editing them because its likely the description. They should really be more clear about this for new peeps here starting a gig.

• 4 weeks later...

This is by far the most helpful post here, Thank you so much. This is the only thing that worked. I recommend this before going and simplifying all your titles. This will save the trouble of re editing them because its likely the description. They should really be more clear about this for new peeps here starting a gig.

Great to hear that! Yes, it was a little challenging to figure out. I am happy to hear you figured it out!

• 1 month later...

I’ve had this problem as well. The message says that it’s in the title but the problem is that the error is probably in the Gig Extra’s description. I’ve had ‘!’, so removing that solved my problem.

Yes, this was my problem. Thank you for clarifying. Once I updated the extra description, it worked!

Archived