Gig Position confusion

shavinvirojh167

Recently I searched the keyword “product packaging” with my account to see my gig position (using google chrome). Wow it’s on 8th page as first row-4th gig. After that I went to teach a friend about fiverr. So I opened firefox and searched the same keyword (without login). Then I could see my gig position went to 7th page as last row, last gig. I’m confused. I did some refreshes for both browser. But the position same. Why is that? What is the actual position?

forum1.thumb.jpg.5fc0cbf5d42593592bf49414ce0817a9.jpg

Guest offlinehelpers

Thank you. So what is the best browser for fiverr?

Fiverr suggests Chrome, but it won’t put your gigs onto the first page all the time! 😉

Once you visit a gig, it will always show higher for you than for others. Search in a blind window to see the real ranking, which, as misscrystal points out, changes constantly (partly as gig scoring changes, and part randomization).

(Update: I am no longer sure this is true. A few of us have tried it out and it doesn’t seem to work that way.)

Once you visit a gig, it will always show higher for you than for others. Search in a blind window to see the real ranking, which, as misscrystal points out, changes constantly (partly as gig scoring changes, and part randomization).

(Update: I am no longer sure this is true. A few of us have tried it out and it doesn’t seem to work that way.)

Does incognito mode in Chrome work? Mine always looks the same in that as when I’m not in incognito mode.

Archived