Fiverr Community Forum

Gig Ranking Algorithm

So yesterday I had made a slight change to my prices and suddenly my gig moved up and I had 2 new inquiries and 3 new orders. So I do believe there is a bug with algorithm as I had no orders last 2 weeks. I could clearly see how and where the new inquiries and order was coming from.

11 Likes

What changes you made, facing this issue from last month…

2 Likes

I just increased one of my gig price, added a new tag and and my gigs moved from page 10 to 2 or 3. Not sure but it has definitely gone up in pages otherwise the inquiries and orders wouldn’t have come. don’t know if this would be permanent but at least some orders I also had submitted one of my feedback. so really you have to talk to the algorithm that you are all good.

2 Likes

Or the algorithm simply worked and rotated the gigs like it was meant to do.

7 Likes

No, not really. it can’t be coincidence. It rotated due to changes made. If that was the case it didn’t rotate for more than 2 and half months. So it doesn’t rotate unless there is trigger on the gig performance like a rating submitted or cancellation done. All this talk that fiverr rotates it to promote other new sellers is rubbish. There is some problem with it. It is not consistent.

1 Like

As a long-time seller here on Fiverr, I can guarantee you that it is not rubbish. Gigs DO rotate in the search results, and new sellers are given a short boost on the top pages to get them started. Fiverr has specifically confirmed this, so no… not “rubbish”.

10 Likes

Well i also made changes in my gig except changes in price… no result for me…

3 Likes

Well it seems that old buyers has to depend upon regular clients for orders, however strange thing is that i’m not receiving any any buyer requests regarding Data Entry Gig (buyer request which are posted ones)… It seems that fiverr testing me on this as well…

My gigs haven’t gone to last page for more than 1 and half years when I started. So one and half years opportunity in 1st page for new sellers?. So when did they bring this policy of rotation ?You need to be clear as to when they have been doing this? If so why the gigs never rotated for so many months? All I know is the algorithm isn’t consistent. It is automated and there is no manual intervention as they suggest. I can’t accept the algorithm is absolutely fine.

1 Like

Perhaps there are fewer people looking for this service right now. Or, perhaps your competitors are gobbling up the requests in this area before they make it to your BR list.

Fiverr does not guarantee that you will have orders or buyer requests. That’s not how Fiverr works. You are responsible for connecting to your target customers, and convincing them to hire you. If you can’t find the kind of buyers you want here, on Fiverr, then now might be a good time to figure out where else those customers can be found, and bringing them here, to your gigs.

2 Likes

It’s be in operation for years. It is not a new policy.

No, I don’t, because this is not knowledge that will make you a better seller.

Everyone’s gigs are constantly rotating in the search system. There is no set time for any rotation. The system is always working, and prioritizing gigs according to its internal coding.

The algorithm IS constant, and it applies equally to everyone. Just because it isn’t working for you, in the way that you want it to, does not mean anything is broken or inconsistent.

That is your choice, however, the search system is what it is. It’s not going to change because you think it needs to feature you in a better way. Good sellers learn to work within the system, and do whatever THEY have the ability to do, in order to improve their success and business prospects. Expecting the search system to provide all of your orders, while you sit back and wait for things to happen, is not how business – even here on Fiverr – works. YOU are the only person responsible for the success you wish to achieve.

6 Likes

That’s not a bug. That’s literally how algorithms work. You shift according to the conditions programmed and also according to the market.

Why do people think an algorithm means you are supposed to stay where you are?

3 Likes

Just in case the above isn’t clear enough (and for anyone else that might be looking):

“Gig positions are not permanent and can rotate on a daily basis.”

This can be found here, https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/levels-warnings-and-status under Gig Status, in the second drop-down.

2 Likes

Because it says , gigs rotate based on performance and if your performance is good, why should you drop in the pages? at least not to the last page!

So a new seller with 2 reviews deserves to be in 5th page while I deserve to be in 12th page? Is that how performance is calculated?

Either say its a random rotation or based on performance. Don’t mix the two.

“A Gig’s position in the marketplace is based on seller performance over a set period of time. Gig positions are not permanent and can rotate on a daily basis. There are many factors to take into consideration, some of which may include order cancellations, delivery rate, responsiveness, etc. There may be other Gigs currently performing at a higher rate than yours. If other sellers are ranked higher, they may be consistently getting 5 stars, delivering on time, communicating quicker, etc. This all counts. Make sure you deliver high quality, original work, avoid late deliveries and cancellations, be responsive and always keep a professional manner.”

If I am having 99 percent performance I don’t expect to go back to the last page in that category.

Because your good performance doesn’t = meeting Fiverr’s business objectives.

We’ve discussed this hundreds of times in the forum. Your performance is only one factor and countless things can override it, especially the market.

Stop thinking you should rank well just because your ratings are good. No marketplace operates that way.

1 Like

Well then include that factor as well in those paragraphs. “Due to business objectives of Fiverr”, your gig can be pushed far back even though your performance may be top notch. We may replace you with new sellers to maximize our marketplace."

It is fiverr terms which is giving the impression that ratings and performance are the measure of your place in the search system.

1 Like

The thing is, though, you’re EXPECTING something. Fiverr does not guarantee sales, or a specific (or consistent) place in the search results to anyone. It would, therefore, be wise for you to stop EXPECTING Fiverr to provide your sales and success, and take the time to learn how to do that yourself – as every other successful seller is required to do.

It is not Fiverr’s job to provide you with orders or visibility on this site. YOU are the only person who is responsible for your success. Complaining that you cannot have what you want, does not lead to success. Working within the boundaries and policies Fiverr has set, and taking your own actions to reach and exceed your business goals will.

YOU are responsible for earning your own orders.

2 Likes

I am not expecting something. If you have mentioned that Gig ranking and rotation is based on performance then it should be fair. I am all for rotation but there is no fairness to it.

If you think its fair or it is what it is, then okay that’s your perception but here am talking based on facts.

If you will push me to last page and put 50 new sellers in first 5 pages even though I haven’t dropped my performance then why do you have to mention about maintaining good work standards.

They don’t need to say that because it’s common sense. It’s not Fiverr’s responsibility to coach you on how business, marketplaces or algorithms work. And they don’t owe you any success.

I understand how these things work because I researched instead of assuming the marketplace was being mean to me and then complaining about it publicly.

1 Like

Maybe your performance has dropped. There are many metrics – that we will never know – that Fiverr uses on their end, to drive the algorithm. Fiverr does this on purpose, so no seller can game the system. Your gig is placed where the algorithm – and all the metrics that define it – say it should be. Improve the analytics you can control, and you might shift up to a higher page in the results.

Fiverr has said that the search algorithm is working like it should. I’ll take them at their word.