GIG Ranking issue answer finally provided by the CS

pvitalsolutions

Hi there,
I contacted the support regarding the gig ranking issue where all the good sellers with good ratings are pushed back to last page without any reason. The support agent answered to that question clearly so now we shouldnt be arguing over it.
My question to CS:
Greetings,
So you are saying that gigs on first pages are being pushed back to give new sellers a chance to come up? Am i correct?

I posted the part of my question of my inquiry, as rest had my other questions. To this the support responded:

As for Gigs in search, you understand me correctly.
There is a lot of Gigs and there must be a chance for everyone.
Just be sure to promote yourself the best you can use social media and other platforms.

This is part of the response, other part was related to my other question but now we got the answer. I hope everyone are relaxed now and shouldnt be talking about this now.

Thanks

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for clarifying this. It is what most knowledgeable sellers have been telling those who come to the Forum to lament that their gigs have been pushed back in the search pages.

There seems to be a feeling of entitlement among these people that since they were on the earlier pages in the search that they should stay there. Everyone needs a place in the spotlight on new sellers would never get their start. I do not like it when I am getting less orders due to what could be my placement—I say could because I never check—but I realize everyone has to share.

I wonder why there’s the sorting options in that case. If you choose “Sort by best selling”, the algorithm still uses that “Everyone must get a chance” setting, despite the searcher looking for only best selling gigs and not new gigs.

I would understand if using the default sorting, which is “Recommended”. Then everyone should indeed be on the first page at least every week, but currently it’s more like every 7 months from my experience.

I wonder why there’s the sorting options in that case. If you choose “Sort by best selling”, the algorithm still uses that “Everyone must get a chance” setting, despite the searcher looking for only best selling gigs and not new gigs.

I would understand if using the default sorting, which is “Recommended”. Then everyone should indeed be on the first page at least every week, but currently it’s more like every 7 months from my experience.

Then everyone should indeed be on the first page at least every week,

How often would they be on the first page if there are 165,000 plus logo design gigs?

Then everyone should indeed be on the first page at least every week,

How often would they be on the first page if there are 165,000 plus logo design gigs?

Duration would depend on how many active gigs there are in that category. If hundreds of thousands, then a better option would be to just shuffle all gigs (Even those stickied to last pages that don’t rotate currently at all) everytime a search is done, but have some kind of short cooldown so one does not get their gigs appearing more than others. :thinking:

Still, recommended sorting sounds like good gigs only if Fiverr is recommending to buy them. Not sure why a badly rated gig is appearing in recommended gigs.

And what would be great too is to have online sellers have their gigs appearing sooner in search results. Some kind of “Available now” feature, where a seller has to respond within 10 minutes since a buyer contacts them, in order to get more visibility than when offline.

I believe there used to be such a feature once :thinking: But I don’t think it improved your gig positions.

Duration would depend on how many active gigs there are in that category. If hundreds of thousands, then a better option would be to just shuffle all gigs (Even those stickied to last pages that don’t rotate currently at all) everytime a search is done, but have some kind of short cooldown so one does not get their gigs appearing more than others. :thinking:

Still, recommended sorting sounds like good gigs only if Fiverr is recommending to buy them. Not sure why a badly rated gig is appearing in recommended gigs.

And what would be great too is to have online sellers have their gigs appearing sooner in search results. Some kind of “Available now” feature, where a seller has to respond within 10 minutes since a buyer contacts them, in order to get more visibility than when offline.

I believe there used to be such a feature once :thinking: But I don’t think it improved your gig positions.

Some kind of “Available now” feature, where a seller has to respond within 10 minutes since a buyer contacts them, in order to get more visibility than when offline.

They had that in beta form at one time. I guess it did not go well, because it is not offered anymore.

Duration would depend on how many active gigs there are in that category. I

There are over 165,000 active logo gigs. Have you seen this?

All_Services.thumb.jpg.99b2e67a5ba1ed71b0a74ebdec5d1b11.jpg
All_Services2424×2751 1.5 MB

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That’s why I didn’t get any new order! Thanks for clarify.

That’s why I didn’t get any new order!

No it isn’t. A strong seller gets orders regardless of their ranking.

You aren’t getting sales because your gigs are superfluous in extremely crowded markets.

Don’t look for something else to blame your lack of sales on. Take accountability for your lack of success and learn how sales works.

That’s why I didn’t get any new order!

No it isn’t. A strong seller gets orders regardless of their ranking.

You aren’t getting sales because your gigs are superfluous in extremely crowded markets.

Don’t look for something else to blame your lack of sales on. Take accountability for your lack of success and learn how sales works.

Thanks for your observations. Another issue I pointed out that some sellers in my category provide services on low price than me. That’s why I didn’t get expected sales.

Well, the ranking system is a mess. I was out of search for 2 months, they put me back in search for 3 days, now my gigs are removed again. And I didn’t cancel any order, didn’t have any late delivery or anything. Nor any bad review.

Did you receive any order within these three days?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,
I once again contacted them regarding the same issue, thought maybe they have changed their policies now but no. Below is their response.

Please bear in mind that Gigs shifting their position is something that happens on our Platform on a daily level. This is because we want to achieve diversity and give all sellers equal opportunities to get orders, as well as enable buyers to find the services they need easier. Position change can also happen due to many other factors, such as seller’s overall performance, ratings, number of completed orders, etc, which is why the position of your Gigs cannot be manually altered.

Hope this helps you all. Thanks

yes received! but i modified my two gigs before two day! and CS told me algorithm push sellers back because they want give chance to new users too

CS told me algorithm push sellers back because they want give chance to new users too

It’s normal. You can’t have people be overbooked and making a lot of money while others are pushed in the back. So everyone stands in front a bit, then they eventually go in the back. It’s fair for everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

Where did you find this State? Can you share link it would mean a lot

Which statement are you referring to? The comment about Available Now is because I was a Fiverr member when that feature was being tested. As I said, it is no longer available for sellers to use.

As for the chart I attached, it may be outdated now. My friend @blavaro created it a few months ago.

• 3 weeks later...

how is going to your gigs? here everything still going very slooooow…

Just want to give fellow sellers my current experience because i know it can be distressing. I will keep you all updated if/when things turn around.

My gig rankings crashed around Mid January 2021. Previously averaging 600-800 per day and gig was stable at this rate for pretty much the last 3-4 years.

Now I have 40 impressions per day. Its been nearly 2 months now and still no improvement.

My gig is the highest rated in the sub category. 2000+ 5 star reviews my nearest competitor is sub 1000 reviews. Been a seller on Fiverr for 8+ years.

I guess I can understand why fiverr is rotating sellers gigs. It makes sense from their perspective to diversify their income streams. Why would they rely on one sellers gig to bring in the sales when they can rotate and bring up newer gigs to get reviews and then they have a more stable income stream in that category.

Hoping it will rotate in my favour once again. Fiverr was my main income source and much needed during COVID

Just want to give fellow sellers my current experience because i know it can be distressing. I will keep you all updated if/when things turn around.

My gig rankings crashed around Mid January 2021. Previously averaging 600-800 per day and gig was stable at this rate for pretty much the last 3-4 years.

Now I have 40 impressions per day. Its been nearly 2 months now and still no improvement.

My gig is the highest rated in the sub category. 2000+ 5 star reviews my nearest competitor is sub 1000 reviews. Been a seller on Fiverr for 8+ years.

I guess I can understand why fiverr is rotating sellers gigs. It makes sense from their perspective to diversify their income streams. Why would they rely on one sellers gig to bring in the sales when they can rotate and bring up newer gigs to get reviews and then they have a more stable income stream in that category.

Hoping it will rotate in my favour once again. Fiverr was my main income source and much needed during COVID

Were you able to get back your ranking ?

Archived