Gig removed due to "third party"

Guest tcmoffatt

Guest tcmoffatt

So my gig, that they never put up in the first place (I could not find it), was “removed” due to a “third party complaint claiming your Gig is infringing upon their intellectual property rights and/or violating their terms of use.” LOL WHAT? What does that even mean? My gig was an offer to drive fb page activity. Personally drive. So am I to understand there are people running around Fiverr reporting things they don’t like? Like the after school crowd on facebook? Then they tell me I can resubmit after editing it. I don’t even know what to edit! “Intellectual property rights”? Creating content/activity on a facebook page? Oh do explain…

So my gig, that they never put up in the first place (I could not find it), was “removed” due to a “third party complaint claiming your Gig is infringing upon their intellectual property rights and/or violating their terms of use.” LOL WHAT? What does that even mean? My gig was an offer to drive fb page activity. Personally drive. So am I to understand there are people running around Fiverr reporting things they don’t like? Like the after school crowd on facebook? Then they tell me I can resubmit after editing it. I don’t even know what to edit! “Intellectual property rights”? Creating content/activity on a facebook page? Oh do explain…

My gig was an offer to drive fb page activity. Personally drive. So am I to understand there are people running around Fiverr reporting things they don’t like?

Perhaps FACEBOOK didn’t like that you were trying to sell that service. Perhaps they are the ones that reported you for “infringing upon their intellectual property rights”. Legally, you can’t be selling things related to Facebook to begin with – you don’t own anything created by Facebook.

Guest tcmoffatt

My gig was an offer to drive fb page activity. Personally drive. So am I to understand there are people running around Fiverr reporting things they don’t like?

Perhaps FACEBOOK didn’t like that you were trying to sell that service. Perhaps they are the ones that reported you for “infringing upon their intellectual property rights”. Legally, you can’t be selling things related to Facebook to begin with – you don’t own anything created by Facebook.

I had thought about that, but 1) facebook followed me over here? Is that even possible? It makes the most sense, but 2) “infringing upon their intellectual property rights” would amount to typing the name ‘facebook’… and I have aready done it twice here.

I had thought about that, but 1) facebook followed me over here? Is that even possible? It makes the most sense, but 2) “infringing upon their intellectual property rights” would amount to typing the name ‘facebook’… and I have aready done it twice here.

Selling fans and followers on Facebook, however, is something Facebook has taken issue with here on Fiverr. And you did state that to be the nature of your gig services. You can’t sell Facebook likes and followers. Facebook doesn’t like that. They already have their own ad system for that.

Guest tcmoffatt

For curiosity’s sake, can you provide the image that you used to promote that gig?

Jacobite_Banner.png.cb97c8cc69f898d2cecfd00106b12f88.png

It should be noted that the House of Stuart family line has well ended, lol.

(When setting up the gig they would not let me proceed without a pic)

Guest sara19841

Fiverr has a rocky relationship with platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Amazon.

For years, sellers were allowed to sell fake likes, fake reviews, and fake followers. Then, the media caught wind of what was happening and came down hard on Fiverr. The site was portrayed as a pretty scammy place.

So Fiverr changed direction and started to remove every gig that could potentially infringe upon another site’s terms of service. At the moment, the company is trigger happy when it comes to social media gigs. Anything that could be construed as dodgy gets the chop.

Guest tcmoffatt

Selling fans and followers on Facebook, however, is something Facebook has taken issue with here on Fiverr. And you did state that to be the nature of your gig services. You can’t sell Facebook likes and followers. Facebook doesn’t like that. They already have their own ad system for that.

Good point! Very good. Thank you. Was seeing red for a bit there, clouded my view. So what do you think I should do, or can do? Remove any connect to the word ‘facebook’?

Jacobite_Banner

It should be noted that the House of Stuart family line has well ended, lol.

(When setting up the gig they would not let me proceed without a pic)

That image seems to be OK from what I can tell. The reason I asked is because in many cases, Fiverr takes down gigs that use copyrighted materials in their promotional images. Since that does not seem to be the case, I will assume that they took it down due to the Facebook ads.

Good point! Very good. Thank you. Was seeing red for a bit there, clouded my view. So what do you think I should do, or can do? Remove any connect to the word ‘facebook’?

Good point! Very good. Thank you.

You’re welcome. 🙂

So what do you think I should do, or can do? Remove any connect to the word ‘facebook’?

To be honest – and err on the side of caution – I recommend that you abandon that removed gig, and find a different service to offer. Like @sara19841 said, Fiverr is likely to keep removing anything selling anything related to social media. That’s just not a good, safe type of service to offer on this site.

And you really don’t want to keep trying to sell something Facebook doesn’t want you to sell.

Guest tcmoffatt

Fiverr has a rocky relationship with platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Amazon.

For years, sellers were allowed to sell fake likes, fake reviews, and fake followers. Then, the media caught wind of what was happening and came down hard on Fiverr. The site was portrayed as a pretty scammy place.

So Fiverr changed direction and started to remove every gig that could potentially infringe upon another site’s terms of service. At the moment, the company is trigger happy when it comes to social media gigs. Anything that could be construed as dodgy gets the chop.

Thank you. Thank you everyone. I will just go back and edit it, scrubbing any offending names. If they don’t take it, well I will re~access then. I am not overly keen on the idea of going over to freelancer. Thank you all again! Good night.

Guest tcmoffatt

Thank you. Thank you everyone. I will just go back and edit it, scrubbing any offending names. If they don’t take it, well I will re~access then. I am not overly keen on the idea of going over to freelancer. Thank you all again! Good night.

jonbaas, NOTED, disregard the above.

Guest sara19841

You’re welcome. If you still have the gig text, feel free to post it here. We can take a quick look over it to see if there’s anything that stands out.

Edit: Or not, depending on which direction you choose to go in. 🙂

facebook followed me over here?

Their lawyers probably did and that’s not a joke. Facebook has a large team of lawyers who do nothing but look for any type of infringments like that. They spend every day searching the internet for things like what you were doing to make sure no one is violating their rights.

The only ones who can legally sell anything facebook related is facebook.

Facebook has so much money at stake in their name and ability to capitalize on it that they have to constantly protect their rights.

Guest tcmoffatt

facebook followed me over here?

Their lawyers probably did and that’s not a joke. Facebook has a large team of lawyers who do nothing but look for any type of infringments like that. They spend every day searching the internet for things like what you were doing to make sure no one is violating their rights.

The only ones who can legally sell anything facebook related is facebook.

Facebook has so much money at stake in their name and ability to capitalize on it that they have to constantly protect their rights.

They should head over to “Freelancer” then. They have 1400+ posts under the section titled, you guessed it, “Facebook”. LOL No bother, I have been cruising the “other” section, you know, Prank Callers, the likes. Oh! The chap that will call up anyone you want and speak “ghetto” to them! Yeah, so now I am in the mood just to take the piss. They would not even let me access the old gig to edit it (I wrote it, my intelproprights don’t count), so now… hmmmm, hell, I might start selling blackjack hands, lol. This whole thing is just to fund a community garden project.

That image seems to be OK from what I can tell. The reason I asked is because in many cases, Fiverr takes down gigs that use copyrighted materials in their promotional images. Since that does not seem to be the case, I will assume that they took it down due to the Facebook ads.

@lucycodex might have been on one of the right tracks. It is possible that Fiverr took the gig down because of Facebook rules, but there is a flag that looks like that gig image and it’s for sale on a popular site. (As the OP mentioned, related to the Stuart line.) That probably is some sort of copyright violation though I didn’t follow it to any conclusion. Here is the copy that is for sale:

magflags-flag-prince-charles-edward-stuart-prince-charles-edward-stuart-during-the-second-jacobite-rebellion-1745-46-90x_9838878.jpeg.dffdfd4cdf7ba3267111ec58f9bbeef9.jpeg

Guest tcmoffatt

@lucycodex might have been on one of the right tracks. It is possible that Fiverr took the gig down because of Facebook rules, but there is a flag that looks like that gig image and it’s for sale on a popular site. (As the OP mentioned, related to the Stuart line.) That probably is some sort of copyright violation though I didn’t follow it to any conclusion. Here is the copy that is for sale:

0222bfbdf520ce71d33dbaea3edc7f77155f051d.jpeg

Uh oh… I just used that again…

Uh oh… I just used that again…

You can change it. You might be OK. If you need a quick image, just use MSPaint or something to make a plain color with text describing what you do. Of course you’ll need something much better if your gig stays up, but it would do for now. I don’t know if the Facebook stuff will work either.

Guest tcmoffatt

You’re welcome. If you still have the gig text, feel free to post it here. We can take a quick look over it to see if there’s anything that stands out.

Edit: Or not, depending on which direction you choose to go in. 🙂

They would not let me access it. I would have liked to hear what you all had to say. Alas, fb police seems likely to me now that my head has cleared. I wouldn’t have even been that upset, but I was lead to believe that the gig was up and running since Saturday. I am trying to supplement a community garden project. Losing 48 to 72 hours with spring right around the corner made me rather unhappy. I didn’t expect orders, but for my time I at least expected the chance of them.

They would not let me access it. I would have liked to hear what you all had to say. Alas, fb police seems likely to me now that my head has cleared. I wouldn’t have even been that upset, but I was lead to believe that the gig was up and running since Saturday. I am trying to supplement a community garden project. Losing 48 to 72 hours with spring right around the corner made me rather unhappy. I didn’t expect orders, but for my time I at least expected the chance of them.

but I was lead to believe that the gig was up and running since Saturday.

Actually, all new and edited gigs are reviewed before they go live. Fiverr does this to ensure that no rules are broken when people create or edit gigs. If you created the gig on Saturday, today is still within the practical review period. And if the gig was removed, then this is likely the result of that review turned up this issue (and subsequent gig removal).

Guest tcmoffatt

but I was lead to believe that the gig was up and running since Saturday.

Actually, all new and edited gigs are reviewed before they go live. Fiverr does this to ensure that no rules are broken when people create or edit gigs. If you created the gig on Saturday, today is still within the practical review period. And if the gig was removed, then this is likely the result of that review turned up this issue (and subsequent gig removal).

Again, thank you. I have been sort of moving on the fly. I usually check into/read up on things more before delving in.

I am trying to supplement a community garden project. Losing 48 to 72 hours with spring right around the corner made me rather unhappy. I didn’t expect orders, but for my time I at least expected the chance of them.

Maybe you can try something else? Look around Fiverr for some other ideas that don’t require much specialty or fit with your knowledge. If you know about gardening, perhaps you could offer gardening tutoring or something. People also might be interested in buying original photos of plants. You might be able to sell blog articles on gardening.

I’m just brainstorming, but look around the site and see what you can come up with. 🙂 Chances are it will take a week or two to even get rolling at all, maybe longer. You communicate well, though, so that’s half the battle!

Guest tcmoffatt

I am trying to supplement a community garden project. Losing 48 to 72 hours with spring right around the corner made me rather unhappy. I didn’t expect orders, but for my time I at least expected the chance of them.

Maybe you can try something else? Look around Fiverr for some other ideas that don’t require much specialty or fit with your knowledge. If you know about gardening, perhaps you could offer gardening tutoring or something. People also might be interested in buying original photos of plants. You might be able to sell blog articles on gardening.

I’m just brainstorming, but look around the site and see what you can come up with. 🙂 Chances are it will take a week or two to even get rolling at all, maybe longer. You communicate well, though, so that’s half the battle!

Some really good ideas! Thank you! I will explore some of those!

FB seems the most likely reason your gig got under scrutiny in the first place, but since the gig image came up - copyrighted images can be a reason too, and not even just that, the Terms of Service themselves actually say:

 Gigs are required to have an appropriate Gig image related to the service offered.

Note the “related to the service offered” bit. Yes, obviously, there are tons of sellers using gig images that are neither related to the service nor to themselves, yet “but there are lots of other people who…” is something we read often in the forum and hasn´t ever helped any seller whose gig was on the scales.

I don´t think it was your image, but just in case, if you want to avoid the possibility of your gig not being up for longer just because of the image, (obviously use an image you may use or is your own) perhaps use an image that either is related to what you offer or make it so. I suppose any more or less neutral image, and even a plain white bg, with “YOUR AWESOME OFFER” written on it as a quick (temporary) solution should be fine (might actually look more professional than a lot of gig images I see from my POV, too 😉 ).

Archived