Gig request keeps getting denied in review! Help needed!

khunter1989

Hello,

I am new to Fiverr and I’m trying to submit a new request for transcription services. My request keeps getting declined in the Fiverr review for some reason. I removed my email and phone number information and payment references. But, I don’t understand why my request has been denied a second time. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

-Kelli

If you post the request here, we can check if there is anything that looks like it might cause that.

Hi there! Thanks so much for responding to my post. 🙂 … I put in my request info briefly into the description box and then I attached a scope of work document with more specific details about the request. Should I not include the attached document when I submit my request? I’ve provided the copy for both items below since I can’t upload the file!

For the brief description box I put the following:

Hello, I am a student researcher and I am currently in the midst of conducting my Masters in Public Health capstone project research study and require transcription services for four 90 minute focus group sessions. Please find attached a scope of work with further details. Someone who has previous public health knowledge would be highly desired but isn’t required. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Then I provided an additional attachment that provided more specific details:

Scope of Work for Transcription Services for Focus Groups

Background and Service Description:

My name is Kelli Hunter, and I am a student researcher. I am currently in the midst of conducting my capstone project research study for my Masters in Public Health Program. The purpose of this research study is to assess Black female hairstylists’ knowledge, attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors about HIV, HIV risks, Pre-exposure Prophylaxis or PrEP, and the promotion of these topics in a salon setting. I hope the study will help advance the understanding of PrEP as an HIV prevention method applicable for women’s use, and the need to prioritize black women in HIV prevention efforts.

In the month of October, I will conduct a series of four in-person focus group discussions with my target population. The sessions will approximately last 90 minutes each and will be digitally recorded. Each focus group will feature 8-10 women who will discuss questions I propose over the course of the 90-minute timeframe. Following the completion of the focus groups Ms. Kelli Hunter will provide the digital audio file recordings to the transcriptionist. The transcribed documents should be provided to Ms. Hunter from the transcriptionist no later than 7 days of receipt of audio files. The services for this project should not occur past Friday, October 27, 2017. Given the quick timeframe for Ms. Hunter’s recruitment for a substantial number of participants, one or two focus group sessions might require rescheduling to the weekend of October 22nd, which will adjust the deliverables turn-around timeline noted in the section below. Ms. Hunter will keep the transcriptionist aware of any changes in the deliverables timeline as soon as possible.

Deliverables:

The following transcription services will be provided to Ms. Kelli Hunter by Friday October 27, 2017.

• Listening to audio files provided by Ms. Hunter (Quantity: 4)

o Audio File #1 from 1st October 8th focus group session

 Length: 90 minutes

 File to be provided to vendor on 10/8/17 for 7 day turn-around

o Audio File #2 from 2nd October 8th focus group session

o Audio File #3 from 1st October 15th focus group session

 File to be provided to vendor on 10/15/17 for 7 day turn-around

o Audio File #4 from 2nd October 15th focus group session

• Verbatim Transcription of audio files (Quantity: 4)

o Typed Word documents providing verbatim transcription from all four focus group sessions will be submitted to Ms. Kelli Hunter within 7 days after receipt of audio files (on 10/8 and 10/15).

 Transcriptions will be as close to verbatim as possible, but Ms. Hunter understands the quality of the transcriptions is closely tied to the quality of the audio files provided.

Period of Performance: October 8, 2017- October 27, 2017

Hi there! Thanks so much for responding to my post. 🙂 … I put in my request info briefly into the description box and then I attached a scope of work document with more specific details about the request. Should I not include the attached document when I submit my request? I’ve provided the copy for both items below since I can’t upload the file!

For the brief description box I put the following:

Hello, I am a student researcher and I am currently in the midst of conducting my Masters in Public Health capstone project research study and require transcription services for four 90 minute focus group sessions. Please find attached a scope of work with further details. Someone who has previous public health knowledge would be highly desired but isn’t required. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Then I provided an additional attachment that provided more specific details:

Scope of Work for Transcription Services for Focus Groups

Background and Service Description:

My name is Kelli Hunter, and I am a student researcher. I am currently in the midst of conducting my capstone project research study for my Masters in Public Health Program. The purpose of this research study is to assess Black female hairstylists’ knowledge, attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors about HIV, HIV risks, Pre-exposure Prophylaxis or PrEP, and the promotion of these topics in a salon setting. I hope the study will help advance the understanding of PrEP as an HIV prevention method applicable for women’s use, and the need to prioritize black women in HIV prevention efforts.

In the month of October, I will conduct a series of four in-person focus group discussions with my target population. The sessions will approximately last 90 minutes each and will be digitally recorded. Each focus group will feature 8-10 women who will discuss questions I propose over the course of the 90-minute timeframe. Following the completion of the focus groups Ms. Kelli Hunter will provide the digital audio file recordings to the transcriptionist. The transcribed documents should be provided to Ms. Hunter from the transcriptionist no later than 7 days of receipt of audio files. The services for this project should not occur past Friday, October 27, 2017. Given the quick timeframe for Ms. Hunter’s recruitment for a substantial number of participants, one or two focus group sessions might require rescheduling to the weekend of October 22nd, which will adjust the deliverables turn-around timeline noted in the section below. Ms. Hunter will keep the transcriptionist aware of any changes in the deliverables timeline as soon as possible.

Deliverables:

The following transcription services will be provided to Ms. Kelli Hunter by Friday October 27, 2017.

• Listening to audio files provided by Ms. Hunter (Quantity: 4)

o Audio File #1 from 1st October 8th focus group session

o Audio File #2 from 2nd October 8th focus group session

o Audio File #3 from 1st October 15th focus group session

o Audio File #4 from 2nd October 15th focus group session

• Verbatim Transcription of audio files (Quantity: 4)

o Typed Word documents providing verbatim transcription from all four focus group sessions will be submitted to Ms. Kelli Hunter within 7 days after receipt of audio files (on 10/8 and 10/15).

 Transcriptions will be as close to verbatim as possible, but Ms. Hunter understands the quality of the transcriptions is closely tied to the quality of the audio files provided.

Period of Performance: October 8, 2017- October 27, 2017

There doesn’t seem to be anything obvious to leave out there.

The only things I think it might be would be the references to “masters”, “project”, “student” etc in the description. This could be the problem as Fiverr has cracked down on people seeking other people to do their work.

I would suggest giving a very general description in the box and then leaving the details in the attachment.

There doesn’t seem to be anything obvious to leave out there.

The only things I think it might be would be the references to “masters”, “project”, “student” etc in the description. This could be the problem as Fiverr has cracked down on people seeking other people to do their work.

I would suggest giving a very general description in the box and then leaving the details in the attachment.

Wonderful. I will give that a try! Thank you so much for your help!

Archived