Fiverr Community Forum

Gig statistics in app different compared to website?

Hi there, new seller here.

Just set up my first gig a couple of days ago, and made sure to download the mobile app as well.
The problem is, though, that on the “gig statistics” page on my phone, a different number of clicks, impressions etc is shown compared to what I can see on the website.

Is this a bug, or are the gig statistics on my app only measuring impressions and clicks from other phones, whilst the statistics on my computer measures statistics from other computers?
This is just a bit confusing, and I can’t really find any information about why these results should be different.

Sigurd Halse

3 Likes

I realize this is an old post, but I stumbled upon it while searching Google for an answer to the same question: Why are the Fiverr gig statistics different on the app than on the website?

Since no one had answered, and I couldn’t find an answer on Google, I decided to experiment myself to try to find out, and Eureka! I figured it out.

The app shows statistics for the last 7 days, and you can’t change this on the app (as far as I can tell). On the website, the default is to show stats for the last 30 days. You CAN change this on the website, and if you change it to “Last 7 days”, you’ll find that you are seeing the same data as you do on the app.

A little bit odd from a user experience standpoint, but there you have it. Now you know why your getting different gig data on the Fiverr app compared to the web.

Best,

Ish

10 Likes

Cheers for that - it makes it a lot clearer now! :sunny:

1 Like

Thank you, just the thing I was looking for :slight_smile: