Gig Suddenly Denied Due To Copyright Infringement

Hey everyone,

I’ve created a gig about a month ago, where I would write articles & blog posts for other people. And it was doing really well, I was getting quite a few orders and even one very big order! But when I checked my messages yesterday I saw that Fiverr canceled one of my completed orders and removed my gig entirely from the site!

They said I’ve been stealing content from somewhere else: “Copyright Infringement - Your Gig has been flagged by our team due to a third party copyright violation. Please ensure that you sell services you either own or have a valid copyright license to use. As a valued member of the Fiverr community, we ask you to respect the broader Internet community and refrain from such violations in your Gig offerings as this is misleading to our buyers”

All articles from this gig have been written by me and no one else. So, when I contacted the customer service all they had to say was about the same as the text above. I asked them where I apparently stole my content from and they didn’t give me an answer to that, they just said that “our Trust and Safety team [has] determined that some of the work being delivered on this Gig in orders have been copied from other sources.”

As you can see, this isn’t helping me solve the problem and it’s very frustrating for me, because I’m being accused of something I didn’t do, and it took me so many hours to write all of these articles and so many days to receive a bunch of 5 Star reviews - and now all of that is gone. I just want to know where this is coming from, so if you guys can help me in any way or just share your similar story that would be great.

Thanks!

Its really difficult to improve a new gig

Are you sure ALL of the content was written by you? You may have written it, but did you borrow phrases, quotes, or segments of text from other places?

Based upon Fiverr’s comments, and the fact that your article and blog post gig was removed, I would guess that there was an element of “borrowed content” at play in your writing. The original writer of that content may have discovered this, and reported your gig.

Now, I’m not saying I know this to be the reason for certain, but I have seen other gigs pulled for copying content (or parts of content) from elsewhere and calling it their own.

Thanks for the info!
I’m sure that I haven’t borrowed any excerpts or phrases from other articles. I read some other articles as inspiration, but I believe every blogger does that every once in a while and I always make sure that I don’t copy anything from another site by accident. In fact, I haven’t even quoted any phrases from other articles in the past month, as far as I can remember. All I did was sometimes link to a different article in my text if it supports my opinion or fits with the topic in general - but that can’t possibly be against Fiverr’s TOS, right?

I wouldn’t be this disappointed if Fiverr at least gave me an answer to my questions. They didn’t even care to tell me where this accusation came from…

I believe they choose not to divulge “the accuser” for liability reasons. Fiverr will usually tell a user WHAT they did wrong, but it isn’t appropriate for them to share WHO, so that they can avoid a situation where the user who had their gig pulled chooses to go after “the accuser” in anger. And to be honest, I think that’s probably the best course of action from Fiverr’s end.

This might be the reason although it’s just a guess. Maybe they got a hit on these links and decided that was copying something.