Gig traffic and promotion thoughts tips and ideas

mgjohn78

I’m no seo or marketing expert, just someone whos been dealing with the subject out of necessity since the late 90’s. In short the only important thing i have learned is that there is no single right way and things keep changing all the time.

So here is a list of some promotion and traffic driving ideas that i have tried or just thought about. I also use the traditional ways like blogging, doc sites, commenting etc but there are already plenty of topics dealing with those.

Anyway here is the list (will update it now and then)

Tip 1

Buy fiverr gigs to improve and promote your own gigs!

A couple of days i thought “this is fiverr so why not buy some gigs that will benefit my own”. In my case i wanted to make a video but had sound issues so I bought a gig to add some music, then i bought another gig to promote a page where my gigs are linked.

This has gotten me some more views

Tip 2

Give out freebies outside of fiverr and mention your fiverr gig within the product or service, freebies should be related to your gig so that it doesn’t seem spammy or like forced advertising. In my case i have released free ebooks and funny images where my related gigs are mentioned.

This brings me yet a few more gig views

Tip 3

Find a way to tastefully promote your gig in familiar online territory. For example if you have been an active member on a forum for a long time you should find a way to mention your gig or perhaps even create a new gig that fits better in on that particular forum. People who know you and people you have helped are more likely to support your fiverr career.

This seems to be one of the main sources of my outside traffic.

Tip 4

Get fiverr business cards or make flyers with information about your gigs (in a tough spot a napkin with your gig url is better than nothing). Now use the cards, flyers papers (or napkins) in any situation. By any situation i mean when your neighbour wants to borrow sugar you slip a card in the package or just write your link with a marked on the package before you hand it over.

Tip 5

A bit redundant according to many but sometimes promote the urls of pages where i have promoted my links. This does increase your links search engine ranking a bit in time. If you plan to be selling on fiverr for a long time then this will eventually give you a tiny boost (all little things combined produce a big result eventually)

Tip 6

When you promote your gigs on non english sites you should also write a few lines about how fiverr works. This lowers the hurdle for those with less than perfect english skills to sign up and order your gigs. (just a quick fiverr buyers guide in your own language will do)

Tip 7

Related to tip 6

If you can communicate in other languages you should mention this in your gig descriptions or your profile.

Tip 8

If you’re an artist or crafter a truly effective method can be to send your work signed with your fiverr name and link as fan mail to your favorite radio show, channel, maybe a youtube channel owner, anywhere really where there is a chance you might get exposure. This isn’t a sure way but for those with a bit of luck it can bring sales to a whole new level.

Tip 9

Fiverr supports promoting gigs in social media but if you just keep posting your gig links over and over you will seem like a spammer. So here is an idea that you can adapt and modify to suite your own gig type.

Yesterday i drew an image where i thanked postal workers in my own country for their hard work, the image got shared by loads of people really fast. So the idea is to keep doing the same on a weekly basis for different occupations but post them from a gig fan page or just sign them with my fiverr username and link.

Doesn’t need to be an image nor thanking people, just come up with something that you can share under your fiverr name and link on a weekly basis.

Tip 10

Look for other sellers outside of fiverr who have gigs that might compliment your own gigs. Say you do comic art like me, i would look for a writer then while blogging about my gig i would mention the writers gig on my blog for those who can’t come up with a script for a comic. Next step is to contact the other seller and suggest they mention your gig.

NOTE THAT fiverr’s terms do not allow us to mention other sellers gigs directly on fiverr!

Tip 11

According to fiverr’s terms once you buy a gig you also buy the full rights to use the work unless the seller states otherwise.

For me this was the most frequent subject in pre order questions. Now i just added a line mentioning that the buyer gets the full rights to the images i create. I also added a tiny disclaimer for cases when a buyer provides reference images (again the 1200 character limit in gig descriptions caused issues, had to make several edits to make room).

Just mentioning this might lower the hurdle for some buyers to press the order button.

(edit i no longer keep that line in my descriptions due to the 1200 character limit)

Tip 12

When you can’t find clients then create them.

I was truly inspired by the marketing methods of fellow local artist. He has a large family and lost his job, after filling out a handful of job applications he took his daughters to a dog show, he took a picture of the winning dog then went home and painted a painting of the dog on the podium. Once the painting was done he sent a picture of it to the dogs owners and hinted that its for sale, they bought it for a fair price right away and since then the artist has been making a decent living using similar stunts.

Going out and creating clients might not work the exact same way when working on fiverr but the base idea of the story does apply.

Tip 13

This is for those of you who create facebook groups for promoting fiverr gigs!

Most of these groups are filled with gig links! This is a big no No in my opinion as it will only attract more sellers!

What you want to do is start discussions that buyers will want to take part in. So perhaps before a seller can post a gig link, the seller has to post something else related to the gig niche (a question, a unique short article etc). This way your group will grow into a large group that consists of both buyers and sellers.

I also recommend the following topics on this subject

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/17906/new-to-fiverr-read-this-before-you-ask-how-to-get-buyers/p1

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/13320/guide-tips-creating-a-gig-updated/p1

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/98/improve-your-gig-traffic-with-5-seo-tips/p1

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/39576/creative-tips-for-sellers/p1

added tip 8 to the first post

"Tip 8

If you’re an artist or crafter a truly effective method can be to send your work signed with your fiverr name and link as fan mail to your favorite radio show, channel, maybe a youtube channel owner, anywhere really where there is a chance you might get exposure. This isnt a sure way but for those with a bit of luck it can bring sales to a whole new level."

Another idea added to the first post

Tip 9

Fiverr supports promoting gigs in social media but if you just keep posting your gig links over and over you will seem like a spammer. So here is an idea that you can adapt and modify to suite your own gig type.

Yesterday i drew an image where i thanked postal workers in my own country for their hard work, the image got shared by loads of people really fast. So the idea is to keep doing the same on a weekly basis for different occupations but post them from a gig fan page or just sign them with my fiverr username and link.

Doesnt need to be an image nor thanking people, just come up with something that you can share under your fiverr name and link on a weekly basis.

Archived