Gig video is constantly being removed?

pilicast

I have been waiting for my Gig to be approved for nearly two days. Only for me to find out today that my video had been removed by the Trust & Safety team. I was the sole creator of the video and yet it was taken down. It includes both audio and video. Can someone tell me what is happening?

It’s a video of a US plane - 2nd world war, I think - on it’s way to bomb somewhere, presumably … includes the sound of the engine. No indication of what it’s for - just the video. The title is “War Thunder”.

Your video has to relate to your gig …

It’s a video of a US plane - 2nd world war, I think - on it’s way to bomb somewhere, presumably … includes the sound of the engine. No indication of what it’s for - just the video. The title is “War Thunder”.

Your video has to relate to your gig …

The title isn’t War Thunder, it’s “War Thunder B-25 WWII edit”. My gig is making these kinds of videos. That’s why I am not understanding why it’s getting removed

The title isn’t War Thunder, it’s “War Thunder B-25 WWII edit”. My gig is making these kinds of videos. That’s why I am not understanding why it’s getting removed

But what do you mean by “making these kinds of videos”? You didn’t make that video, right? It already exists. There’s not a lot of editing going on either.

But what do you mean by “making these kinds of videos”? You didn’t make that video, right? It already exists. There’s not a lot of editing going on either.

Yes, I did make the video. From recording the gameplay to editing it, it was created by me

Yes, I did make the video. From recording the gameplay to editing it, it was created by me

Wow, that’s gameplay? Not actual footage? Very impressive! Maybe make that more evident in the video, show what you’re doing from start to finish. Right now it just looks like world war 2 footage with no work done. I think that’s the problem - but on the other hand is a huge compliment to your work. Very realistic!

1. Your gig video has to actually explain the gig itself. It isn’t a place to only put a sample with no context.

2. It sounds like the sample isn’t even yours and probably stock footage, unless you went on location and took footage of a plane taking off…

1. Your gig video has to actually explain the gig itself. It isn’t a place to only put a sample with no context.

2. It sounds like the sample isn’t even yours and probably stock footage, unless you went on location and took footage of a plane taking off…

Re-read his post above. It’s gameplay footage edited (very well) to look like a real WWII film. Great work, apparently fooled us all!

Must be what @coerdelion then – no context in the video about the gig or what it includes.

Yes, it’s so well made you can’t even tell it’s edited gameplay. Huge compliment to his skills, not very useful as a gig video. I suggest turning it into a before - after, showing the raw screen capture and then transitioning into the edited video.

Yes, it’s so well made you can’t even tell it’s edited gameplay. Huge compliment to his skills, not very useful as a gig video. I suggest turning it into a before - after, showing the raw screen capture and then transitioning into the edited video.

Maybe that is also part of the reason. Maybe Fiverr assumed it was stock footage.

But I think the lack of gig context in the video itself would explain the removal.

Maybe that is also part of the reason. Maybe Fiverr assumed it was stock footage.

But I think the lack of gig context in the video itself would explain the removal.

He has no active gigs that I can see, so I can’t comment on gig context or lack thereof… If the rest of the gig was clear, even that video should be passable. It’s an accurate representation of his work, after all.

He has no active gigs that I can see, so I can’t comment on gig context or lack thereof… If the rest of the gig was clear, even that video should be passable. It’s an accurate representation of his work, after all.

You wouldn’t need to. The issue is that the video didn’t have context re the gig and you saw the video so you would see that it lacked context.

You wouldn’t need to. The issue is that the video didn’t have context re the gig and you saw the video so you would see that it lacked context.

Seeing that video by itself provides no context - that’s why we thought it was real footage. If I saw that video on a gig titled “I will turn your gameplay footage of game X into realistic war film” or something to that effect, that video should work well - so it should be allowed. No further context needed, really.

Of course I still think that a before/after would work better in terms of sales, but that’s another question.

Seeing that video by itself provides no context - that’s why we thought it was real footage. If I saw that video on a gig titled “I will turn your gameplay footage of game X into realistic war film” or something to that effect, that video should work well - so it should be allowed. No further context needed, really.

Of course I still think that a before/after would work better in terms of sales, but that’s another question.

But that’s what I’m saying. Your gig video needs to explain the gig, not just be a sample of what you can/will do.

A gig video needs to stand alone as an explanation, not just sample, of what your gig is and what it includes.

But that’s what I’m saying. Your gig video needs to explain the gig, not just be a sample of what you can/will do.

A gig video needs to stand alone as an explanation, not just sample, of what your gig is and what it includes.

I don’t agree with that necessarily. I can see videos working for sample exposition alone. If there’s any rules against that in the TOS, I’m not aware.

The videos I use personally tend to talk a bit about the service (because that tends to sell better), but I have one (videoclips) that is just a mash-up of different videoclips I’ve worked on. No other explanation. Certain things are self-evident given the proper gig context. Nobody will watch a video by itself. At the very least it’s accompanied by the gig title. That should suffice.

Archived