Gig was put in "requires modification"

ynneblack

Wow, this really confused me. I offer drawing pictures, mostly semi-realistic, and when I had trouble with video and asked through support about it, they noticed my gig and marked it as “requires modification”. I was told it might break some copyright of third party. I asked what exactly is wrong, because most of portrait artists put as their example some celebrity portrait. I was told “If you’re using a person’s image or likeness to advertise your own business it’s a form of copyright infringement.” (English is not my native language, so I might failed to understand in this part) and when I asked why so many artists can have it and I can’t, I was just told “There’s nothing wrong with a portrait. Your Gig has been reinstated.” Now it’s okay again.

I think I missed the point? 😦

Guest marsch001

It sounds like someone was overzealous and someone else looked at it and went, ‘well, this isn’t an issue’ and reinstated it. It sounds ridiculous and I hope you didn’t lose your search ranking or any potential orders while it was under “review”.

Archived