Gigs delivered automatically is easy money for buyers

dfwservices

hello, I have been scammed by few buyers and this is due to Fiverr delivery mechanism. When seller delivers, there is a small window for buyer to verify delivery is upto expectation and what was ordered and recommend changes. But if buyer is busy during that window (weekend, out of town or for medical reasons) and could not get to verifying delivery, fiverr automatically marks goods as delivered. This unables buyers to do anything after the fact that seller got paid. Yes, buyer can TRY to contact seller but once they got their money, how likely are they to work on fixing their mistakes ? And in my experience, fiverr customer support does not help at all. There has to be a remedy to this. If amazon can accept return on practically anything they sell, including physical goods, why can’t fiverr provide this relief to its buyers?

Your order will be automatically marked as delivered 3 days after the seller submits it, and that’s because sellers also need some security: they can’t be expected to be on the hook for an indefinite amount of time while the buyer decides if he or she is satisfied with the product. If the order isn’t marked as delivered, the seller never gets paid. Sellers also have a 2-week waiting period from the date that the order is marked as completed before they can withdraw funds, so if you’re sitting on the order for a week before you mark it as finished, then the seller has to wait 3 weeks to get paid. Three weeks is a long time to wait to get paid, especially when it’s piecemeal and free-lance (as opposed to a salaried job that’s paid once a month.)

My first advice to you is that you shouldn’t place an order and then go away from the computer for days on end.

My second advice to you is that you have up to 30 days from the date that the order is marked as “delivered” to leave a review. If you didn’t like the product your seller delivered, tell the seller you didn’t like it and give him or her the option to make it right before you leave a negative review. Positive reviews are very important on Fiverr, and even a three-star review - which is technically not a negative review - can have a profound impact on a seller’s ranking. Unless your seller is an idiot, he or she will accept your invitation to modify the order - or offer to give you a refund - so that you feel comfortable giving a positive review.

Reply to @jamesbulls: agree with that, I think 3 days should be more then enough to check everything. It is wrong when buyer places order and gets lost for few days so if there is a question of any kind it’s impossible to contact and you don’t know if you should proceed with the order or not. Both sides have to be responsible

While emergencies are unavoidable, I would say that if you have placed an order, you should be able to respond within 24h. the 72h auto-complete is a Fiverr feature rather than a seller whipping money off the table. As @ruslancer says, I think 72h is a reasonable time frame to check up and respond. If you’re in a coma or something extreme like that that physically impeded you from even a brief click on the ‘modification’ button, well, I dunno, I imagine that there are more important things to worry about upon waking up.

You can leave a review, and the refund period is pretty generous. Believe me, before that 30-day review window is up, most sellers will be anxious to ensure that nothing less than an awesome 5-star review is provided. I think the responsibility is fairly well balanced, if easily broken.

I’m at a loss. Contacted seller with pre-purchase questions. Seller was very communicative with my questions. Super excited and placed order on Sunday. Tuesday I reached out and asked what I should expect for turn around time. Haven’t heard a word from seller. Have reached out multiple times asking for communication. I had already left a glowing review after placing my order. Wish I hadn’t done that. Advise?

jamesbulls said: Unless your seller is an idiot, he or she will accept your invitation to modify the order - or offer to give you a refund - so that you feel comfortable giving a positive review.

The quoted part makes me laugh out loud. What if the seller feels comfortable with a single negative review? Of course, 1 negative review out of over 200 five stars won’t have any effects on the ratings.

One of the reasons why sellers refuse to modify job after fiverr automatically marked it as completed could be because the two parties didn’t have good communication prior to the order.

And secondly, if you are the type of buyer who patronize top rated sellers and some level 2 sellers who have huge orders, your message may be left unread once the order is marked complete. These people are extremely busy and since they also work with time, they may not respond or redo the work.

If you think you are being ripped off by some busy sellers, try new sellers with few orders, and you will be glad…

Guest iamjunaid

First of all you are Just looking at it with Buyer’s perspective
We Sellers are delivering Quality work and still we have to wait for 3 days just to get our work “Mark as completed”.
As a buyer it is your responsibility to keep track of what you have ordered is at least let the seller know that you won’t be here

Now as far Customer Support is concerned They are simply Terrific. they Listen to both parties without any partiality

Guest seobookmarkbest

You should test $ 5 at the beginning, for the quality of the service, once you understand what you give sellers begin to buy more.

$ 5 is very good for the first time to buy the service.
If you want lamborgini for $ 5. It was a dream.

So think realistically, what you pay according to the price.

When the order is $ 5, you will also see the level of communication and support the seller.

So it was a great experience for you, the buyer

Hi! As a seller, I have made modifications to my work after the 3 day time limit if the buyer explains why they had a problem getting my work reviewed. I think most sellers really try and meet their clients needs in order to continue getting their business.

Well, some people are selling eBooks for $5, you write something like “How to make money” and sell it on Fiverr. But frankly, I’m interested in gigs where you can up sell, turn a $5 order into $30, $50, $65 if possible.

A good gig is something millions of people need but not everyone can do or do well. You just got to figure out what that is.

The small window of time you have to verify an order is satisfactory is 72 hours.

3 days.

That’s not a “small window” of time.

Personally , if you arent reviewing orders within 24-48hrs of the delivery… then you just arent keeping up with stuff as well as you should be if you’re going to complain about the automatic delivery system. Seems kinda silly …

Think about it from the sellers end…
We don’t get the funds for 2 weeks.
Fiverr takes 20% of it. (A whole $5 off of a $25 order)

If you didn’t accept the delivery (or reject it) in a timely manner… Would it be fair to let it sit there for any more than say … oh… 3 days time? That means we get the funds for that order 17 days later… We gotta get what we worked for too ya know… I don’t need buyers taking their sweet time to accept the order if I turned mine in before the buzzer 😉

• 1 year later...

Your order will be automatically marked as delivered 3 days after the seller submits it, and that’s because sellers also need some security: they can’t be expected to be on the hook for an indefinite amount of time while the buyer decides if he or she is satisfied with the product. If the order isn’t marked as delivered, the seller never gets paid. Sellers also have a 2-week waiting period from the date that the order is marked as completed before they can withdraw funds, so if you’re sitting on the order for a week before you mark it as finished, then the seller has to wait 3 weeks to get paid. Three weeks is a long time to wait to get paid, especially when it’s piecemeal and free-lance (as opposed to a salaried job that’s paid once a month.)

My first advice to you is that you shouldn’t place an order and then go away from the computer for days on end.

My second advice to you is that you have up to 30 days from the date that the order is marked as “delivered” to leave a review. If you didn’t like the product your seller delivered, tell the seller you didn’t like it and give him or her the option to make it right before you leave a negative review. Positive reviews are very important on Fiverr, and even a three-star review - which is technically not a negative review - can have a profound impact on a seller’s ranking. Unless your seller is an idiot, he or she will accept your invitation to modify the order - or offer to give you a refund - so that you feel comfortable giving a positive review.

Messaging because you definitely seem to have seller experience. Are buyers supposed to pay before I deliver the product? In my case, I sent a custom offer. Should I notified of their acceptance and payment of my custom offer? (I haven’t received a notification yet obviously). Thanks.

Messaging because you definitely seem to have seller experience. Are buyers supposed to pay before I deliver the product? In my case, I sent a custom offer. Should I notified of their acceptance and payment of my custom offer? (I haven’t received a notification yet obviously). Thanks.

FYI: You posted a comment on a two-year-old forum post. The last post was two years ago. Please don’t dig up old posts just to make new, unrelated comments.

To answer your question, yes, buyers pay for all services BEFORE the seller completes the hired work.

“Dig up?” I was searching for anything near my question, and this came up. How about you just be kind and minimize the commentary? Thank you for the SUPER difficult answer to a curious newbie’s simple question. Thanks.

“Dig up?” I was searching for anything near my question, and this came up. How about you just be kind and minimize the commentary? Thank you for the SUPER difficult answer to a curious newbie’s simple question. Thanks.

You’re welcome. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

How do you give a refund? Is there another option to discount the offer? Say the offer was 50$ and the buyer is miffed, can you give back a portion of the money to resolve the situation?

Thanks,

DC

Archived