Gigs dropping from the listing

saaddennis

Everyone must have noticed that the search algorithm have changed lately, not knowing what to do my gigs went from the first row in the first page to the last rows in the last page, I’m not leveled but I’ve been on the platform since long ago, with almost 40 to 50 orders per month these 2 weeks I almost had no orders from new buyers, but old ones…in my point of view, sellers than doesn’t work hard on their gigs to be ranked first should do so to earn the spot on the ranking, cause after all we get what we deserve, does anyone know how to rank the gigs where they were…I’ve tried to update them 2 days ago after noticing that my impressions and everything went catastrophly down, I updated it yesterday and it seems that I got a bit more views clicks in the past day, Is the new search algorithm going to change back to how it was or is it going to remain like that?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone must have noticed that the search algorithm have changed lately, not knowing what to do my gigs went from the first row in the first page to the last rows in the last page, I’m not leveled but I’ve been on the platform since long ago, with almost 40 to 50 orders per month these 2 weeks I almost had no orders from new buyers, but old ones…in my point of view, sellers than doesn’t work hard on their gigs to be ranked first should do so to earn the spot on the ranking, cause after all we get what we deserve, does anyone know how to rank the gigs where they were…I’ve tried to update them 2 days ago after noticing that my impressions and everything went catastrophly down, I updated it yesterday and it seems that I got a bit more views clicks in the past day, Is the new search algorithm going to change back to how it was or is it going to remain like that?

Is the new search algorithm going to change back to how it was or is it going to remain like that?

No one knows this for sure. Only fiverr development team knows. If you have had late deliveries or lower response rate, that might be the reason why the placement of your gigs changed.

Is the new search algorithm going to change back to how it was or is it going to remain like that?

No one knows this for sure. Only fiverr development team knows. If you have had late deliveries or lower response rate, that might be the reason why the placement of your gigs changed.

my in-time delivery rate was pretty bad lately (61%) since I faced a medical condition and couldn’t be conscious to turn my profile off, the response rate is at 100%, and order completion at 97% with 2 cancelled orders 54 days ago. I’ve had lower in time deliveries and lower order completion the past months and I used to be placed at the top with a huge amount of sales.

my in-time delivery rate was pretty bad lately (61%) since I faced a medical condition and couldn’t be conscious to turn my profile off, the response rate is at 100%, and order completion at 97% with 2 cancelled orders 54 days ago. I’ve had lower in time deliveries and lower order completion the past months and I used to be placed at the top with a huge amount of sales.

my in-time delivery rate was pretty bad lately (61%) since I faced a medical condition and couldn’t be conscious to turn my profile off

Well, I hope you are now feeling well. Your delivery rate is what has caused this. 61% is very low. Work hard and it will increase as you continue delivering on time.

my in-time delivery rate was pretty bad lately (61%) since I faced a medical condition and couldn’t be conscious to turn my profile off

Well, I hope you are now feeling well. Your delivery rate is what has caused this. 61% is very low. Work hard and it will increase as you continue delivering on time.

Thank you so much, I will consider that!

our impression dropped , basically everything dropped . Yes we are new , it’s been just 5 months , but we’ve been having constant increasing in impressions clicks views and so on in the last month , till the end of january , since then we faced a drop , no more views , no more messages , guys anyone can help us ?

We’re also facing the dropping in orders recently. It may be the market or holiday season issue. But, our regular clients are coming back again and again due to the satisfaction in service we provide.

Same drop here , but no worries , if your clients keep coming back it means your service is great , so keep up the great job and they will be back up , markets have ups and downs you know .

What about if one can’t find its gig on Fiverr at all?

I am not talking about a gig position or its rank rather its overall appearance.

What if a gig cannot be found at all?

Well the gigs are still showing but the glitch is that all the new gigs are on top and the old and most sold gigs are on last page(s)

Guys try to work on your in time delivery, order completion and so on…it might be the cause of this…

This isn’t the case here, at least not with me. Everything is delivered on time and without any complaint. CS keeps telling me that I have lots of orders (11 atm) , but other providers (lvl 0 and lvl 1) have considerably more, over 30-40.

Not sure what is the problem. Anxious to resolve it.

This isn’t the case here, at least not with me. Everything is delivered on time and without any complaint. CS keeps telling me that I have lots of orders (11 atm) , but other providers (lvl 0 and lvl 1) have considerably more, over 30-40.

Not sure what is the problem. Anxious to resolve it.

11 orders , gosh i’ll be jumping around in joy , if we get one order per week is a lot for now maybe we are doing something wrong

An algorithm is a set of conditions that put into play a set of actions. This means that rankings change according to the conditions. You don’t know what those conditions are, so you can’t assume that an algorithm change has taken place. The algorithm may have all along been set to change the rankings in the way that you are seeing, regardless of your ratings. If a stack of cards in an online game is set to shuffle at a certain period, that’s going to happen regardless of how well you’re playing the game because that’s how the system is built and it’s built that way for a reason.

Don’t assume that because your results haven’t changed, your status in rankings won’t change. There are way more factors in an algorithm than your personal performance.

If you assume that your shift in ranking is an algorithm change or a “bug”, you’re focusing on the wrong thing and not focusing on what actually determines your placement and results. You’re also missing out on opportunities to compensate for a lower ranking: being discovered by your target audience in keyword search, being discovered outside of the Fiverr platform, etc.

Archived