Gigs now disappear from search if you have many orders in queue

adsensewizard

I noticed that my gig is disappearing and re-appearing from search randomly. I asked support about it, and they confirmed that it’s the amount of orders in queue being too high. It’s only about 11, which has never before been too high, so it’s very weird. I have been on Fiverr since 2012 and have never noticed it before, so it must be a new feature. I noticed it started to happen last month when I edited my gig.

There however is a setting under a gig to limit the amount of orders in queue (Which removes the gig from search if that limit is reached), which has always been turned off. They didn’t comment on that, though, but recommended to use that setting if I wish. The point however is to continue not using it, so I can get more orders. For the time being I’m experimenting with it. Turning the limit on and setting the limit to a big number. :thinking:

How many orders do you have in queue? Is your gig still showing in search? I suspect that I have been giving false information, as there’s gigs with 500 orders showing in search.

• Like 19
  • Up 1

I noticed that my gig is disappearing and re-appearing from search randomly. I asked support about it, and they confirmed that it’s the amount of orders in queue being too high. It’s only about 11, which has never before been too high, so it’s very weird. I have been on Fiverr since 2012 and have never noticed it before, so it must be a new feature. I noticed it started to happen last month when I edited my gig.

There however is a setting under a gig to limit the amount of orders in queue (Which removes the gig from search if that limit is reached), which has always been turned off. They didn’t comment on that, though, but recommended to use that setting if I wish. The point however is to continue not using it, so I can get more orders. For the time being I’m experimenting with it. Turning the limit on and setting the limit to a big number. :thinking:

How many orders do you have in queue? Is your gig still showing in search? I suspect that I have been giving false information, as there’s gigs with 500 orders showing in search.

I noticed that my gig is disappearing and re-appearing from search randomly. I asked support about it, and they confirmed that it’s the amount of orders in queue being too high. It’s only about 11, which has never before been too high, so it’s very weird. I have been on Fiverr since 2012 and have never noticed it before, so it must be a new feature.

Actually, this is not new. I asked CS about this roughly 12 months ago when the new levels system went into effect. I was asked not to discuss the specifics that I was told, but yes, gigs do disappear from search results at certain “orders in queue” amounts, depending upon your seller level. I have seen and confirmed this personally as I have worked at various seller levels. “New Seller” and “Level One” have these queue restrictions in place. “Level Two” sellers appear to have no such queue restrictions.

Please keep in mind, though, no matter what seller level you have, you should not be putting all your sales hopes on gig search results. Fiverr CS has stated this many times (to many people who have asked): You should be marketing and promoting your gigs on your own to bring in more customers. There are no sales or traffic guarantees here on Fiverr, but you can control traffic and sales by working hard to market and promote your services.

There however is a setting under a gig to limit the amount of orders in queue

This is a separate user-initiated feature, and is not related to the above queue restrictions.

I suspect that I have been giving false information, as there’s gigs with 500 orders showing in search.

Are these examples from “Level Two” or “TRS” sellers? 😉

• Like 15

I noticed that my gig is disappearing and re-appearing from search randomly. I asked support about it, and they confirmed that it’s the amount of orders in queue being too high. It’s only about 11, which has never before been too high, so it’s very weird. I have been on Fiverr since 2012 and have never noticed it before, so it must be a new feature.

Actually, this is not new. I asked CS about this roughly 12 months ago when the new levels system went into effect. I was asked not to discuss the specifics that I was told, but yes, gigs do disappear from search results at certain “orders in queue” amounts, depending upon your seller level. I have seen and confirmed this personally as I have worked at various seller levels. “New Seller” and “Level One” have these queue restrictions in place. “Level Two” sellers appear to have no such queue restrictions.

Please keep in mind, though, no matter what seller level you have, you should not be putting all your sales hopes on gig search results. Fiverr CS has stated this many times (to many people who have asked): You should be marketing and promoting your gigs on your own to bring in more customers. There are no sales or traffic guarantees here on Fiverr, but you can control traffic and sales by working hard to market and promote your services.

This is a separate user-initiated feature, and is not related to the above queue restrictions.

I suspect that I have been giving false information, as there’s gigs with 500 orders showing in search.

Now to figure out what is the amount of orders you can work on at a time at level 1 or 0 before the gig vanishes. Less than 11 at least!

• Like 7

A-ha! That would explain a thing or two, as I was demoted to level 1 when it started to happen. And come to think of it, it happened when I was level 1 once before too. 😱

Now to figure out what is the amount of orders you can work on at a time at level 1 or 0 before the gig vanishes. Less than 11 at least!

I would imagine Fiverr does this to encourage sellers to work toward higher seller levels, as well as to help the newbie sellers manage their queues and learn how to maintain a successful work flow.

• Like 10

always providing the info most of the sellers are not aware about.

thanks

• Like 11

• 3 months later...

So, this thing happening to me right now.

I am a new seller, spent 60 days, met all the requirements to become level 1, and waiting for my promotion which will come around 15th May 2019.

Currently, I have 7 orders in que. and suddenly my gig disappeared from search results, contacted CS, the CS person was nice and answer exactly what you said here. But as I see so many bad reviews about Fiverr CS, I didn’t believe them,and desperately frustrating myself over this.But now,I see they are true.

Thank you. I hope after I finish all my orders, my gig will be back on fiverr’s search results.

• Like 12

You might be onto something. As soon as there was only 1 order in queue, more orders appeared within a hour. Then same happened again next time. Could be coincidence, or there really is a limitation in place even for level 2 sellers. But it would have to be some kind of a punishment, as I see many sellers with hundreds of orders in queue all the time.

• Like 8

You might be onto something. As soon as there was only 1 order in queue, more orders appeared within a hour. Then same happened again next time. Could be coincidence, or there really is a limitation in place even for level 2 sellers. But it would have to be some kind of a punishment, as I see many sellers with hundreds of orders in queue all the time.

I am regulated in how many orders I can have at one time. I have no idea why.

• Like 9

Have you refunded any orders recently? Refunds hurt your gig ranking, so do bad reviews, but I think bad reviews weight less than refunds.

No but some people aren’t leaving reviews, maybe that’s why. I never give refunds. It’s been this way for a long time. As soon as I deliver an order then I get another one. Then nothing until that one is delivered. This year is worse than this time last year for that reason.

• Like 8

Thank you!!!😭

So, this thing happening to me right now.

I am a new seller, spent 60 days, met all the requirements to become level 1, and waiting for my promotion which will come around 15th May 2019.

Currently, I have 7 orders in que. and suddenly my gig disappeared from search results, contacted CS, the CS person was nice and answer exactly what you said here. But as I see so many bad reviews about Fiverr CS, I didn’t believe them,and desperately frustrating myself over this.But now,I see they are true.

Thank you. I hope after I finish all my orders, my gig will be back on fiverr’s search results.

Are you sure you don’t have 7 orders as your max setting? There is a setting on every gig for your gig to leave results once the set number of orders is reached. You can change this setting.

This setting is on the gig page, accessible only in the desktop site. You can see the setting by clicking open your gig on the Gigs page.

• Like 8

Which level you are in?

• Like 6

Are you sure you don’t have 7 orders as your max setting? There is a setting on every gig for your gig to leave results once the set number of orders is reached. You can change this setting.

This setting is on the gig page, accessible only in the desktop site. You can see the setting by clicking open your gig on the Gigs page.

Yes, I am sure about that. I have only 1 gig at the moment, and the “limit queue” option is off. I am at 0 level so this is happening to me according to Fiverr CS. I will not face this option after I reach Level 2. I don’t know whether this is true or not, I have to experience on my own.

As soon as I get 7 orders in queue , gig stops displaying. otherwise it is always on first page of my category.

• Like 7

Yes, I am sure about that. I have only 1 gig at the moment, and the “limit queue” option is off. I am at 0 level so this is happening to me according to Fiverr CS. I will not face this option after I reach Level 2. I don’t know whether this is true or not, I have to experience on my own.

As soon as I get 7 orders in queue , gig stops displaying. otherwise it is always on first page of my category.

I don’t know whether this is true or not, I have to experience on my own.

Perhaps this is intended by Fiverr, so that new sellers, or sellers at lower seller levels, learn to better manage the orders they do have. Do you really need more than seven orders in your queue? Complete and deliver the orders you do have, and you’ll have the ability to gain more from the search system.

• Like 8

No but some people aren’t leaving reviews, maybe that’s why. I never give refunds. It’s been this way for a long time. As soon as I deliver an order then I get another one. Then nothing until that one is delivered. This year is worse than this time last year for that reason.

As soon as I deliver an order then I get another one. Then nothing until that one is delivered.

Yes, it’s weird how that is. Why do some buyers have 17 orders in their queues while others have to deliver what they got before they get new ones? Must be a bias from the algorithm.

• Like 9

As soon as I deliver an order then I get another one. Then nothing until that one is delivered.

Yes, it’s weird how that is. Why do some buyers have 17 orders in their queues while others have to deliver what they got before they get new ones? Must be a bias from the algorithm.

Why do some buyers have 17 orders in their queues while others have to deliver what they got before they get new ones? Must be a bias from the algorithm.

There is a “bias”, yes, but it is based upon seller levels. The higher your seller level, the less restrictions there are on orders in queue that are gained from the search results. If a Level 1 seller has, say 17 orders, this would likely be due to them bringing in their own customers from outside Fiverr – because, I know for a fact that if a Level 1 seller has 17 orders, their gig is likely to have been temporarily removed from the search results. Seventeen orders in queue is well above the Level 1 search system order queue restriction.

• Like 10

True. And many services (Mainly web traffic and other promotions) offer long durations, where it takes the seller minutes to set up, and then there’s nothing else the seller can do after that for anywhere from days to a month. So it’s important orders can keep coming, so the seller does not have to wait a month before they can deliver and get a new order.

• Like 7

Why do some buyers have 17 orders in their queues while others have to deliver what they got before they get new ones? Must be a bias from the algorithm.

There is a “bias”, yes, but it is based upon seller levels. The higher your seller level, the less restrictions there are on orders in queue that are gained from the search results. If a Level 1 seller has, say 17 orders, this would likely be due to them bringing in their own customers from outside Fiverr – because, I know for a fact that if a Level 1 seller has 17 orders, their gig is likely to have been temporarily removed from the search results. Seventeen orders in queue is well above the Level 1 search system order queue restriction.

There is a “bias”, yes, but it is based upon seller levels. The higher your seller level, the less restrictions there are on orders in queue that are gained from the search results.

Are you saying that as a level 2, Fiverr is treating you better than level 1? I have noticed I’m making more money now that I’m level 2, compared to last month when I was level 1, even though my prices are the same.

• Like 7

Maybe the feature that limits how many orders you have, the one you can set yourself, is broken. I had that set to one or two orders a short time about the time this problem started.

It seems like that is permanent.

@fastcopywriter did you ever have that feature turned on? Did this problem start when you used that and turned it off? Maybe it’s stuck to the on position.

• Like 6

I don’t know whether this is true or not, I have to experience on my own.

Perhaps this is intended by Fiverr, so that new sellers, or sellers at lower seller levels, learn to better manage the orders they do have. Do you really need more than seven orders in your queue? Complete and deliver the orders you do have, and you’ll have the ability to gain more from the search system.

Yes, I can totally handle more than 7 orders, but it’s okay if Fiverr takes more time to put their faith on me.

• Like 4

Thank you for the insights 😃

• Like 4

Maybe the feature that limits how many orders you have, the one you can set yourself, is broken. I had that set to one or two orders a short time about the time this problem started.

It seems like that is permanent.

@fastcopywriter did you ever have that feature turned on? Did this problem start when you used that and turned it off? Maybe it’s stuck to the on position.

did you ever have that feature turned on? Did this problem start when you used that and turned it off? Maybe it’s stuck to the on position.

I tried it once, but then turned it right off. I only tried it with one gig, and even though I have lots of gigs, I’m not getting 10 orders from 10 different gigs a day. I get 1-3 orders a day, sometimes 0 orders for two or three days.

Also, the Friday curse seems to be over. Nowadays, I’m getting orders on Fridays.

• Like 5

Actually, this is not new

@jonbaas i dont know you, i dont know where you are, or your age, or anything, but i know something, i have a lot of friends working on fiverr, they sell and provide many many different services, they told me to start here, i’m literally a forum adict so i read many stuff here… so one thing its clear, you are the number One forum user…

all things i read from you, here from 2 or more years ago are lovely and kind, and you always help people, i just need you know something.

Thank you for all your help, you are a greatfull human been, thanks

(sorry about my english xD im still learning)

• Like 6