Fiverr Community Forum

Gigs with spam reviews and similar contents

Hi people :wave:

I was searching for successful gigs and found multiple lvl2 accounts with 3-4 same concept gigs and even 1 with 15-20 spam 5 star reviews.

I guess you can say similar gigs are OK if they have different pictures, description and stuff
but i dont know about spam reviews being OK even so couldn’t find a report category about it.

5 Likes

What do you consider “spam reviews?” :thinking:

I am a proofreader and I have 10 different proofreading gigs. One for letter, one for blogs and articles, one for esl and the like. Those are not considered gigs for the same services.

4 Likes

I don’t know OPs situation, but I did see accounts that all have the same image style for their gig image, similar description and the profile image is all made out of things like “AAAA+++ writer” and variations of that.

Clearly there are people creating multiple gigs and using VPN and other stuff to try and circumvent the system. I am also sure this is not only in the writing section…

9 Likes

Like here same guy giving 5 star review 20 time+

I am not saying content is bad, it’s a good gig for that artstyle but if it’s legal everybody can pay someone to review their gig once every 3-4 days and become on first page. It’s better than an ad.

Mod Note: Gig link removed. You can’t call out other sellers on here. If you are suspecting something fishy, feel free to flag the gig in question, or open a ticket with Fiverr support.

That is what I thought you meant by “spam reviews.” However, I have over 650 legitimate 5-star reviews from one happy client. :wink: Plus, because my buyer was a very busy person all of his reviews were mostly the same. “Great Work.”

So, the reviews could be legitimate. :thinking:

6 Likes

Their basic package starts at $9980
It is highly unlikely that someone will be spending $9900+ everytime for a fake review.

2 Likes

Yeah it could be, maybe some fan that wants to up the page and gives small orders multiple times.
It’s kind of weird to me because you dont need to purchase multiple times for a game project.
Just 1 custom order should suffice.

2 Likes

However, custom offers can be for any price $5 and up. Maybe the buyer wants to be contacted before the order and having an exceptionally high price makes buyers contact them first.

9 Likes

Ah yes, you are right.

Still, it could just be a repeat buyer who is just not great with words. I hope I can snag one such buyer soon :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

So can we now say it is a kind of market strategy? If yes, is it a workable one from your depth of experience? Please respond to these 2 questions, thank you.

1 Like

Maybe the OP didn’t understand about long term relationship between client and seller.

I once have a client that on a week gave me about 4-5 different job and when I finished he gave me good review.
All in sequences, so in my profile it’s like the review was repeated but the client is real, not fake.

I keep communicating with them until today and keep working for them.

6 Likes

I’m totally agree. When we build a good relationship with client, it’s very possible to get the same review, repeated everytime for a long time.

4 Likes

Well, not a marketing strategy, but a strategy to protect you from those who claim to order by accident.

I would not use it. If your packages are set up so the buyer can understand what you sell they usually will not order by accident.

6 Likes

Thanks again for this clarification. I really appreciate you @vickiespencer

1 Like

I think they are created to gain popularity and frequency in the feed, but SPAM is always not good. Unfortunately, newcomers are not promoted in the feed and they need to somehow try to draw attention to themselves.

2 Likes

Another thing that makes those reviews suspicious is that the seller who has received many reviews saying things like “great job” on the >=$9000 gig has also left many reviews on their buyer’s gig. I thought Fiverr detects when sellers review each other but they don’t seem to have detected it in this case.

ie. seller A has lots of “great job!” type reviews by seller B on the $9000 gig.
Seller B has lots (34) of “Awesome experience” reviews by seller A (and just 1 by another seller).

3 Likes

Detecting such fake reviews may not be immediately detected by Fiverr.com but surely, they will be detected and the consequences might not be watered down at all.

3 Likes