Give Sellers More Control Over Live Portfolio

Half my clients can’t figure out what I’m talking about when I ask them to submit their order for the live portfolio and it’s not real intuitive so most orders don’t end up in the portfolio. I want to be able to add and delete items from the portfolio - or a request button to send to the buyer, something that makes it very clear and very easy for them to agree to add the work to the portfolio. Right now all my best work is not showing up as samples which is frustrating!

Your best work may not being showing up because your buyers click the option to not have it shown in your portfolio. I never ask buyers for permission, I just deliver their zipped files first, then deliver a photo that says “Here’s a screenshot :-)”. Usually if a buyer doesn’t want it added, they tell me as soon as they order, so when that’s the case, I just deliver their zipped files with no other delivery that contains a media file, so nothing will show up in my live portfolio for that particular client. Most buyers who don’t want something added to the live portfolio, are either very private people or trying to resell your work or services and don’t want a trackable source or digital footprint.

Reply to @vedmak: I can’t agree with this enough! SOME control over what gets showcased in the portfolio would be so helpful! I’ve got sketches that show up because they were delivered first, but the final artwork is nowhere to be seen! Wish I knew what was going to show up on a positive review. Seems like its always a guessing game…

• 3 months later...

Archived