Give worth to your time that spent on fiverr

waqasali

Always believe in making true and honest relationships and forget the consideration of your Gig (i.e. $5). We spend so much time in chatting on social networks/friends, most of the time only for the sake of time-pass and in actual got nothing to remember.

I can assure you all, if you start taking your clients (buyers) in a way that it would be a life-time business relationship which would also include; business ethics, humanity, honesty, professionalism, commitment and sincere advises, then it would not be the case of earning $5, in fact you will start giving worth to your own time which would worth a lot more than $5.

In nut-Shell; Start giving worth to your time by delivering the best you can and treat those $5 only as a bonus.

“Treat the $5 only as a bonus”, what a GREAT piece of advice! It’s a bit hard sometimes to put so much effort into something for such a small amount, but you are so right! It’s so much more than just the $5 that you earn. I always treat my customers friendly and personally and 9 out of 10 clients are delighted and promise to return. The other 1 out of 10 is usually a cynical, always mad, unpleasable guy named most likely Ebenizer, whom I treat with the same warmth nonetheless. I like what I’m doing here and I want the people I work with to feel the same joy. It’s wonderful! 🙂

Reply to @bamboob:

1$1 is Fiverr Money and its their right as they are providing us such a superb marketplace where lots , lots, lots of client willing to pay for a great service. Remembers buyers at Fiverr are actually buyer who order first and the ask this and that…Whereas on other freelancing sites, buyers are willing to take some interviews or a long discussion before paying some up front cash. So i think taking $1 is really acceptable if you are a good earner. 😃

I totally agree with you waqasali… Fiverr has become another social network unknowingly… because here we build relationships and friendships… although the outer layer is a business community… This virtual business experience is also very valuable for life… Here, people learn people skills, negotiating, bargaining, working on deadlines, specially working with a responsibility… and many more… Fiverr is a wet ground for many young ones! Cheers Fiverr!

I am in total agreement with you, Waqasali. In fact, from a newbie buyer’s perspective:

I can honestly say that I look for a very specific type of seller. First, last, and always an artist. This type of person takes pride in their work, and is honest about their ability. I have a low income and watch every penny (However, I have spent over $100.00 already in gigs.) but if I find someone who can do the work I need, and whom I like and feel is trustworthy I am pretty loyal 🙂

Guest tn5rr2012

There is no amount of money that could describe or put a worth on what I do for my clients, my payback really is the final delivered family tree to my clients as I know that it will last a lifetime

@waqasali- I agree with this 110%. Any type of shady business deals or not taking care of your clients for a quick buck will only harm you in the long run. Being upfront, honest and open to new ideas is the best way to do business whether on Fiverr or anyone else. That $4 profit can turn into $4,000 if you meet the right person or get hired by a company to do offline work.

• 3 weeks later...

madmoo said: I agree and have always cringed when I hear anyone say 'it's only a fiverr'

Yes, that line reeks of "First World" privilege. I oppose it fully for that reason alone!

bamboob said: still think it's too bad we don't even get 5$, just 4$

I'll tell you what, I'm just thrilled I don't need my OWN merchant account (Typically $30 a month for Visa & Mastercard then another $30 for each Discover/Novus and Amex. Then 25-cents + 2ish percent for "Card Not Present" transactions.

I don't have to pay for webhosting.

I don't have to pay for traffic.

I don't have to pay for filesharing

I don't have to pay for "testimonial grabbing and publishing."

No, Fiverr is worth every bit of their $1.

I know some people have rational arguments about taking $20 out of a $100 order vis-a-vis other outsourcing websites... But I still say to me, it's a cheap affiliate payment to Fiverr

• 4 weeks later...

I have always utilized my online time in productive work like working as freelancer for many sites.When I came to fiverr it was just like a magnet.I devoted so much time before putting my gigs.What I got was a little money but after that what i got was great knowledge bank,professionalism,punctuality and more and more people from same thoughts.Enjoy Fiverr Journey.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Great advice, I also believe in relationship building with your client. Most of my five dollar orders will turn to 30-50 dollars, plus repeat business. It does worth putting the time in these relationships!

On 3/8/2018 at 5:03 AM, fogi said:

Great advice, I also believe in relationship building with your client. Most of my five dollar orders will turn to 30-50 dollars, plus repeat business. It does worth putting the time in these relationships!

@fogi - I really can’t understand why you have chosen to comment on a thread from more than five years ago… Perhaps something a more recent thread may be more relevant.

Mod Note: closing thread from 2012 

Archived