Fiverr Community Forum

Giving a Chance to New Sellers!

Isn’t that something only you can find out? After all, none of us are offering your gigs with your specific skill set. IMO, you should do some research and find that out for yourself rather than waiting for answers on the forum.

1 Like

Don’t you have a degree in marketing management?

1 Like

You have the ability to figure out what works for you through a little effort and research. Asking me to give you a step-by-step guarantee for success is not going to happen. When I first went into business as a freelancer (long before coming here to Fiverr) I had to take the time to research my own market, and figure out how my services could benefit that market. You have the ability to do the same… you should do the same. You need to do the same.

You are a freelance businessman. You are going to have to learn what that entails, and YOU are going to have to do the research, planning, and experimentation to make that happen. We are not a charity. We are not going to do all of that massive amount of work for you.

If you are serious about being successful, YOU will take action to figure out what YOU need to do to achieve the goals YOU set for yourself. And it would be wise not to try to take the easy road, because only the hard road leads to success.

And no, DO NOT spam forums and pages. That is NOT how you market a business.

1 Like

Thank you all for your advices, I’m sure they will serve me. I try to do the necessary research.
If I expressed a clumsiness, I hope you aren’t angry. I don’t want you to be frustrated by my intervention. After all, I’m taking my first steps.
Thank you gays for your understanding and your indulgence. :wink:

1 Like

hello, sorry if it’s off topic. I just want to ask, how to get first buyer in fiverr?

1 Like

The forum search is a wonderful feature :wink:

2 Likes

Here on fiverr, the competition is fierce and new sellers don’t usually stand a chance, but with more people like you, there’s hope.

2 Likes

That’s true, the bar has been raised much higher which is actually good for buyers.

I don’t quite agree with that. There are plenty of new sellers who get to level 2 within 2 months.

2 Likes

I can’t agree with that.
Of course some categories are totally full. But everywhere I look I can see “New sellers” on the searches first pages.
The problem is not visibility. The problem for a new seller is the “Fiverr experience”. knowing what to do to and to do not for a gig to work.
And this Forum is a good place to learn that

2 Likes

A larger number of buyers especially in writing and translation niche tend to buy from only sellers with visible credibility. Such as more reviews.

1 Like

probably
I’ve bought a translation on fiverr and I only focused on the rating and the amount of comments

but for a logo I choose an artist because of her galery

Not all the cactegories are equals :confused:

1 Like

That’s because we can’t trust gig descriptions anymore. Some sellers copy their description from others and even the samples are stolen.

Personally I hire new writers only when they have a video, they are active in forum or they have a blog.

2 Likes

Sometimes it does not work out that well, see my post about this experience.

This can happen with an experienced seller as well.
I used a logo designer for quite a few orders and then all of a sudden he decided to quit Fiverr. Not sure why, but he dropped everything including orders in progress.

Thanks a lot bro :heart_eyes:

Such an honest and warm talks (coming straight out of the heart)!!! Wish,every other member of this platform called Fiverr would have nurtured the same thought as that of yours! Anyway, as a new member here I too feel the same vulnerability as many other newbies. But, I do have trust in my skills and the experience of so many years dedicated to gain this skill. So, I think, it’s only a matter of time to get noticed. And, when you get this ‘break’ just prove yourself and voila!!! Your story starts…

Best wishes for other newbies here. Be confident and there will be your turn too. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

wow !! what a post man :ok_hand: …good job @gina_riley2
i like your post because you are the first person on fiverr i ever seen before who gives chance to new sellers without thinking about there money…great work :smiley:

1 Like

Really a great … i have learned so many things from this post . thanks a lot for sharing

1 Like

great post,
this is fact

@gina_riley2 is one of the BEST Buyers on Fiverr. Hopefully, we’ll get to read more of her helpful posts in the near future. Miss you, Gina! :heart: :hugs:

3 Likes