Giving back to the community

qualitydesignz

hi guys,

I’m sure that you, like me, enjoy using fiverr and earning money from it.

I had an idea that I thought maybe you might want to go along with me.

How about every seller gives a certain portion of his income to a good cause? For example, me. I give 10$ of my income (not only fiverr) for cancer patients. It gives you a great satisfaction feeling and is just a great way to return a favor to your society.

What do you think?

Isaac

QualityDesignz team

Guest celticmoon

That’s a lovely idea and a timely reminder, but of course a very personal choice. There are thousands of options to donate money, time, services and goods. For example, I used to donate to the United Way every week from my paycheck, when I worked. Every year I give hundreds of handmade hats, mittens & scarves to my local women’s shelter, a local charity that supports patients with HIV/AIDS & their families, and a support center for military families. I donate clothing & household goods to Goodwill & the Salvation Army a couple times a year. I give nonperishable food to a local food pantry. I volunteer once a month at a local soup kitchen. Over the years I have driven cancer patients around, delivered meals to people in need, volunteered as a nurse at blood drives & blood pressure clinics & used to donate blood before I was in an accident that left me unable to do so anymore. I regularly give money to an environmental defense fund (local chapter), the World Wildlife Federation, a variety of humane societies, a local group which provides practical & monetary help to any local person or family who needs it, nutrition programs for poor children throughout the world & dozens of other groups which promote causes which I support. I’ve made helmet liners for American troops in Afghanistan & other locales where the climate can be cold. I’ve made dozens of hats & blankets for newborns in poor undeveloped communities, which can save lives. I did these things as a single mom & continued after becoming disabled, so if I can manage it there’s really no reason anyone can’t help out somewhere just once or twice a month.

I don’t happen to believe in god or organized religion, but I have hundreds of friends who do & they participate in & support many charitable works through their churches & temples. These are just a few of the many ways anyone can help make the world a better place. Personally, I think volunteering your time is more fulfilling than cutting a check, but many charitable groups wither away & die without both funds and helpers.

Archived