Fiverr Community Forum

Good news about fraud cancellations!

Some of you may have noticed that when there is a fraudulent cancellation sellers are now automatically refunded, and according to the message/email I got, this does not affect our cancellation rate.

Great news fiverr thank you!

29 Likes

That’s great news! It’ll help the sellers a lot.

2 Likes

Here is fiverr’s information for sellers about chargebacks and seller protection policy:

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/chargebacks-and-seller-protection?email_id=9407b58b63228accf03faeb50e4996d6&email_name=new_seller_protection_email

In cases where the service was completely provided , Fiverr will protect you from fraud chargebacks. The funds will be added back to your account, and after seven days, you will be able to withdraw the funds. Most importantly, it will not affect your cancellation rate.

We see a lot of posts about sellers who have gotten chargebacks complaining about losing money when this happens so this should reassure them.

4 Likes

Yep, also a couple of recent threads complaining that they immediately got this money back but few days later received an email from fiverr that they are not eligible for the refund and money again taken away from their account…

2 Likes

True. I don’t have cancellations that are my fault. So I don’t know how that is being handled. It would be nice to hear a seller say why it happened.

Give us an update in 7 days if they taken it away or not after the safe period.

It looks like if they are reversing transactions they are doing it within one or 2 days.

2 Likes

I haven’t had a cancellation in at least the past year that wasn’t put back into my earnings.

Apparently they do investigate each one.

They don’t take the money back out again in my case.

Really it’s a good news for the selle…

1 Like

That’s cute how they got the priorities straight, cancellation rate > getting paid for our time and effort :wink: but great news, that this is “officially written down” somewhere now.

Not sure what to make of the mentioned cases where sellers said they got the money back only for it to be taken away again but I’d assume, in such cases where the person who did the chargeback gave a reason like the seller did an empty delivery to gain time, make incomplete deliveries, etc., they’ll check the order conversations and might decide to take the money back from the seller in some cases?

The fact that they made this automatic seems to indicate that the majority of fraud cancellations would be covered by this protection and that they seem to think the majority of sellers would get the money back rightfully. Else, it wouldn’t really make sense to make it automatic.

5 Likes

I’m sure the majority of cancellations are fraudulent. It was an epidemic. Paypal was the first to put a stop to it on services, and then fiverr decided to make the refunds to sellers automatic.

So most of the time the seller needs to say no when a client asks to cancel unless they have good reason to agree.

1 Like

That’s great to hear. I haven’t received fraud cancellations lately so I don’t know but 2 months before I need to contact CS to resolve this and they did great work.
Now that it feels safer when I know that I am being protected.
Great work Fiverr and thanks Misscrystal for bringing this up.

2 Likes

I really appreciate it .Thanks a lot to them who made this for us .

1 Like

Its a great news for fiverr seller. Thanks fiverr customer support team.

2 Likes

Great news Thank you Fiverr :heart:

1 Like

wow great news. so happy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s great :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It IS great news, and hopefully the word will spread that people no longer can expect to order a service on fiverr, cancel, and go away with the service for free. Those days are over hopefully.

My opinion is that in most cases the ones we see complaining on the forum that fiverr only agrees with the buyer are sellers who did not deliver the order completely or as described, or they wouldn’t be facing such a problem at all.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing!!

1 Like

That’s great, will be very helpful for sellers :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Aww got really exciting news from fiverr so many sellers will be benefited from it. :clap: ::blush:

1 Like