Goodbye Aai [Grandmother]

writer99025

I hate to hear this Writer. Thanks for always peeking your head out to throw me some encouragement. I hope you have someone doing the same for you, in your personal life, in this trying time.

Just back from the funeral. To be honest, everyone is relieved as my grandmother was bedridden for 4 years and suffered greatly. She was drip fed, almost in a coma, couldn’t communicate and had become blind. She was being kept alive artificially through advanced medicine. I don’t think death is a negative or something to be worried about - life is a gift from God, and you should protect it in any way possible, but when you die you move to a better world.

Just back from the funeral. To be honest, everyone is relieved as my grandmother was bedridden for 4 years and suffered greatly. She was drip fed, almost in a coma, couldn’t communicate and had become blind. She was being kept alive artificially through advanced medicine. I don’t think death is a negative or something to be worried about - life is a gift from God, and you should protect it in any way possible, but when you die you move to a better world.

I’ve been in extremely similar situations with people very dear and directly related to me (don’t you hate when people try to identify to your grief as though it isn’t completely individual…but then there’s nothing to express your relating to grief, so you end up saying it anyways…).

I think your grasp on it is vivid and healthy. You’re here, you’re active in the conversation. You’ve got really good perspective. I’m glad to hear that. On the flip side, there’s something to be said for the suggestion @cyaxrex made. Take a couple days if you get the chance.

Archived