Google your gig descriptions

gig_freak

Fellow sellers, take five minutes of your free time, do a copy paste on your gig description and paste it on google. You will be amazed on how many sellers on fiverr can be found that actually “stole” your descriptions.

When I did searched for mine description. I found 3 sellers that copied my “Social Media Gig” and another three that copied my “Photography Watermark” descriptions. I even found some that stole partial items from my portfolio. They were all reported to customer support.

You are not alone. I discovered this long ago. They are more than 10 of them who found it too difficult to write their own gig descriptions for decided to copy mine word for word. Some even copied my FAQs. CS will deal with them all.

Done!

I’m clean… nobody copied my Gigs 🙂

I had never bothered to search before, but I recently accidentally stumbled over one who used my former _profile tex_t as ‘hers’ (stock photo office lady),
reported, as they also (well, as my profile text) claim to be CET and their local time is far from that, but it´s still up.
I don´t even mind the stolen gig descriptions quite that much (personally, it still sucks, and sucks for buyers who are led astray by that of course) but stolen profile texts, FAQ bio bits and the like I really take very personal. Effing make up a fake identity, if you need one.

I had never bothered to search before, but I recently accidentally stumbled over one who used my former _profile tex_t as ‘hers’ (stock photo office lady),

reported, as they also (well, as my profile text) claim to be CET and their local time is far from that, but it´s still up.

I don´t even mind the stolen gig descriptions quite that much (personally, it still sucks, and sucks for buyers who are led astray by that of course) but stolen profile texts, FAQ bio bits and the like I really take very personal. Effing make up a fake identity, if you need one.

I should check if somebody used my profile text.

There are a lots of copycats. 😦

First two hits on a first search brought up a review of Dark Souls - Prepare to Die Edition and an article about the downside of warp drives.

My gig descriptions are safe, I think. They’re apparently much too weird.

Hahhahahaha! DARK SOULS 😃

Fellow sellers, take five minutes of your free time, do a copy paste on your gig description and paste it on google. You will be amazed on how many sellers on fiverr can be found that actually “stole” your descriptions.

When I did searched for mine description. I found 3 sellers that copied my “Social Media Gig” and another three that copied my “Photography Watermark” descriptions. I even found some that stole partial items from my portfolio. They were all reported to customer support.

You will be amazed on how many sellers on fiverr can be found that actually “stole” your descriptions.

Not just on Fiverr! I’ve seen my old gig description on other freelancing platforms.

If you are designer, do a reverse search of your graphics, because I found some of them also stolen. 🙂

If you are designer, do a reverse search of your graphics, because I found some of them also stolen.

OMG!!! I did that and look who STOLE my Gig!

Mod Note: Image Removed

😡

I did that and now I am laughing my head off. If it were just for gig description then it was normal. But someone has copied my:
Gig description
Profile image
Gig image
Bio
and even my username

My whole profile is as it is on another platform.
Update:
Even my FAQs and the note at the end of my gig description is copied.

I did that and now I am laughing my head off. If it were just for gig description then it was normal. But someone has copied my:

Gig description

Profile image

Gig image

Bio

and even my username

Update:

lol @deluxewriting (20 char…)

Gig description

Profile image

Gig image

Bio

and even my username

Update:

Good thing they can´t copy our reviews at least. Unless they link back to our gigs ‘Look at my good reviews on fiverr!’ -_-

Good thing they can´t copy our reviews at least. Unless they link back to our gigs ‘Look at my good reviews on fiverr!’ -_-

hahaha, It’s a possibility. Who knows to what extent they can go to scrap some bucks. Then will have angry buyers on the forum who bought an impersonated gig on another website.

Gig description

Profile image

Gig image

Bio

and even my username

Update:

at and now I am laughing my head off. If it were just for gig description then it was normal. But

Yes, I did that.You should do it also.

It’s very bothering! Somedays ago I found my logo design gig cover was copied. I really shocked to saw it. After that, I have changed the gig cover.

You should’ve reported the person that stole your logo cover.

EDIT: Or even better, you can write on the gig photo “manikmunna logos” so people wont try to steal them.

Beware - they can even copy your videos now, and I’ve had my video copied by others several times, which is very concerning since it really misleads my regular buyers and puts a bad image on me 😦

Seriously? They copy your video for SEO strategy? Are copycats becoming that lame?

Seriously? They copy your video for SEO strategy? Are copycats becoming that lame?

@gig_freak yep! what is more troubling was seeing one of my regular clients leave feedback on another gig that had copied my video, and his feedback clearly showed he thought it was me 😦 [edit: hopefully there aren’t any copycats around here to see my post!]

@gig_freak yep! what is more troubling was seeing one of my regular clients leave feedback on another gig that had copied my video, and his feedback clearly showed he thought it was me 😦 [edit: hopefully there aren’t any copycats around here to see my post!]

That’s awful!

It makes me very concerned about some translations I’ve gotten done.

I’m comfortable with French, German, Spanish and Japanese because they are sellers that interact on the forum and I know their work ethics.

But I also have Chinese, Arabic, Dutch, Italian etc. that I know nothing about. I admit the guy that did the Arabic was extremely attentive and asked tons of questions. That made me feel good he did it right.

I’m very particular about who I hire. I’m going to check their gigs to make sure its not been copied.

Archived