Fiverr Community Forum

Got Huge TIP from the Buyer

Hi everyone,

I am a level 2 seller on Fiverr. I get tips on orders most of the time but today something new happened. A buyer from US tipped me $40 on a $20 order. Yeah you heard right, I have been tipped twice the price of the order.
But the sad part is that Fiverr even deducted 20% from the tip as well. They shouldn’t charge us from tips, what’s your thought??

Keep doing your best to get such free $$TIPS$$ on your order.

Thanks and Regards

2 Likes

A few threads for your consideration:

3 Likes

That’s great news for you, so well done. I can see from your profile that you’re a very good and trusted seller.

While percentage wise the tip is amazing, you’ve got to remember that for most Western buyers spending a total of $60 on a decent professional custom design is actually really cheap. Had they commissioned someone outside of Fiverr they would easily be looking at $200 / $300 dollars.

I’m not writing that to make you feel bad, but it does annoy me when I see $5 sellers talk about receiving a tip of $5 or $10 for work that has taken them all day or three days in total to complete for example. I call it the ‘guilt tip’. Sometimes buyers just know that they were wrong to hire someone for so little money that they then feel bad about it.

2 Likes

That’s great :+1: :+1:

1 Like