Got my first bad review today

amansr

I just got my first bad review of 1.3 stars from a very rude and disrespectful buyer. Now my gig rating is down to 4.6 stars and the overall is 4.7 stars. I may also have replied a bit passionately :roll_eyes:. I didn’t gave him a review. I thought that I’ll do it after 8-9 days as I got to know that you have 10 days to review a buyer before his review shows up automatically on your profile. But it happened just after 5 days. I didn’t even get the chance to leave him a review. The thing is, his review shows on top as it is the newest. How much do you think will it effect my profile, given that I only have 12 reviews ( all 5 stars except this one) in total? Here’s the review.
https://www.fiverr.com/amansr/edit-professional-videos-for-you

Yikes! 😲 I just read the Buyer’s feedback, it was very detailed. If you’re offering Unlimited Revisions, you just cannot refuse them. That’s considered False Advertisement. You need to reconsider offering unlimited revisions if you don’t want to do them. I agree with @coerdelion the response to the Buyer was unprofessional. This could cause potential Buyers to not want to work with you. 😬

Oh dear. I really think you should Google how to respond to negative reviews.

Please allow me to pass on one piece of advice…

When you respond to a negative review you are doing so to communicate with potential buyers who’ll be reading that review in future - to make yourself look fair, reasonable, professional, and a good person.

By attacking the buyer (whether or not it was justified) you make yourself look unreasonable, unprofessional and not the right person to do business with. That review could come back to bite you many times.

Yikes! 😲 I just read the Buyer’s feedback, it was very detailed. If you’re offering Unlimited Revisions, you just cannot refuse them. That’s considered False Advertisement. You need to reconsider offering unlimited revisions if you don’t want to do them. I agree with @coerdelion the response to the Buyer was unprofessional. This could cause potential Buyers to not want to work with you. 😬

I think you didn’t read my reply.

Oh dear. I really think you should Google how to respond to negative reviews.

Please allow me to pass on one piece of advice…

When you respond to a negative review you are doing so to communicate with potential buyers who’ll be reading that review in future - to make yourself look fair, reasonable, professional, and a good person.

By attacking the buyer (whether or not it was justified) you make yourself look unreasonable, unprofessional and not the right person to do business with. That review could come back to bite you many times.

I somewhat agree. Thank you.

Don’t get disappointed. It is not possible to satisfy every client. You must remain polite to clients and try your best to make them happy by providing quality work. My suggestion would be that you focus on future orders with new clients.

Thank you for the advice.

I do not know will this help you or not, but as a BUYER (not a seller) I do not find your reply that negative. In fact, I expected to be a lot worse from the messages I saw here.

Yes, it is “emotionally colored” but still somewhat proper.

Not everyone can be “Kind regards. Greetings, Thank you for your patience.”

But, like everyone said, remove unlimited. Keep it under 3 revisions max and make sure to explain buyer, even if he doesn’t ask you, what revision actually includes.

Maybe prepare a brief for your GIGs that you will send out automatically.

I do not know will this help you or not, but as a BUYER (not a seller) I do not find your reply that negative. In fact, I expected to be a lot worse from the messages I saw here.

Yes, it is “emotionally colored” but still somewhat proper.

Not everyone can be “Kind regards. Greetings, Thank you for your patience.”

But, like everyone said, remove unlimited. Keep it under 3 revisions max and make sure to explain buyer, even if he doesn’t ask you, what revision actually includes.

Maybe prepare a brief for your GIGs that you will send out automatically.

Thank you. I don’t know why everyone expects me to say “Yes sir, thank you sir” to everything when they don’t even try to understand my side of the story.

I understand that they may find it a little overwhelming. But that’s who I am and I’m willing to improve if I think it’s wrong.

Yes I removed the unlimited since then.

Thank you for the response.

tbh, i thought your reply was quite ok. as a buyer i would not be discouraged, specially after reading some of the more positive reviews. the impression i got is that the clients was just one of those clients of hell. you cant accept abuse from anyone. good for you.

I am sure how frustrated this is going to be but these are expected in freelancing. First of all, you should not reveal the client’s details hereafter no matter he was right or wrong. Secondly you cannot give a reply like this for the negative comment he had made because still he is a client for you and also for fiverr. We all know, fiverr gives more priority for Buyers than sellers. Look at the positive side of this review and think of what went wrong initially. Make sure you have all the details in your hand before accepting the order and both are clearly clarified with the job that needs to be done because once it is accepted means you are agreed to whatever the requirement the buyer gives.

tbh, i thought your reply was quite ok. as a buyer i would not be discouraged, specially after reading some of the more positive reviews. the impression i got is that the clients was just one of those clients of hell. you cant accept abuse from anyone. good for you.

Thank you for providing your view. Overall what I can see from the replies is that buyers feel okay about it but some of the sellers don’t.

don’t be disappointed
and for your information i clicked the link and this bad review didn’t appear first
the first review i saw on your profile was a 5 stars review
You will face many difficult situations through your life and this is normal. the important thing is how to respond towards similar situations in the future
I wish you good luck and stay positive

I am sure how frustrated this is going to be but these are expected in freelancing. First of all, you should not reveal the client’s details hereafter no matter he was right or wrong. Secondly you cannot give a reply like this for the negative comment he had made because still he is a client for you and also for fiverr. We all know, fiverr gives more priority for Buyers than sellers. Look at the positive side of this review and think of what went wrong initially. Make sure you have all the details in your hand before accepting the order and both are clearly clarified with the job that needs to be done because once it is accepted means you are agreed to whatever the requirement the buyer gives.

you cannot give a reply like this for the negative comment he had made because still he is a client for you and also for fiverr.

Wait…what? I can’t reply to the negative comment because he’s my client?

don’t be disappointed

and for your information i clicked the link and this bad review didn’t appear first

the first review i saw on your profile was a 5 stars review

You will face many difficult situations through your life and this is normal. the important thing is how to respond towards similar situations in the future

I wish you good luck and stay positive

I wish the same for you. Cheers.

you cannot give a reply like this for the negative comment he had made because still he is a client for you and also for fiverr.

Wait…what? I can’t reply to the negative comment because he’s my client?

You are welcome to reply but you cannot bring the client down in a public comment because o business is allowed to do it and unless the customer violates the terms of Fiverr you are only allowed to report it to Fiverr. You still got to apologize with the client and reply him in a polite manner. This is not just common to Fiverr and this should be the general practice when it comes to Customer Service.

You are welcome to reply but you cannot bring the client down in a public comment because o business is allowed to do it and unless the customer violates the terms of Fiverr you are only allowed to report it to Fiverr. You still got to apologize with the client and reply him in a polite manner. This is not just common to Fiverr and this should be the general practice when it comes to Customer Service.

First of all, I did not reveal the client’s identity, I just provided a link to the gig. Which, anyone could have and would have accessed by clicking on my profile to get a better insight on the matter. And Second, I don’t know why I should “apologize” for replying to a negative review. Sorry I don’t like to suck up to unfair and disrespectful people. But thank you for presenting your opinion.

Archived