Grandfathered Illegal Characters?

brodel34

I am trying to edit one of my gig extras. All I want to change/edit is the extra’s… but when I make my changes and go to save it tells me that I have illegal characters in the Title. Illegal characters that have been in the title since the gig has been created… which leads me to believe that the illegal characters are a new rule and my gig is grandfathered in??

This is very frustrating… now I have to decide between my previous title which my customers are used to and know me by, or editing ANY part of my gig including the extras. UGH!

Reply to @madmoo:

madmoo said: Reply to @brodel34: sounds like a bad day all round!
I didn't like when they changed the rules about the number of characters you could have in the title and I have been reluctant to make changes to some of mine which are currently over the limit.
But sometimes you just have to make a sacrifice for the sake of the rest of the gig.

Ask support if your avatar is still not recognised - that sounds like a glitch.

Also the quote feature SHOULD work by highlighting then clicking on 'quote'.

Not sure why it's not working for you, sorry.

I love fiverr and all.....
But I think this is either a ridiculous rule or something that wasn't thought about before the rules changed. Shouldn't have to change my existing title because I want to edit my gig. If fiverr wanted to enforce illegal characters I wish ALL titles were forced to be changed immediately when they changed the rules.

thx... i guess it was the reply feature that wast working for me.

Reply to @brodel34: I’m not quite sure what the “attitude” is for. Cancellation ratio is not the same as positive feedback, which for ‘thepromogirl’ is still at 100% and she’s a level 2 seller.

I understand you’re frustrated but why come on to the forums presumably asking for advice (or at least venting at the system) and then take it out — however low-key it might seem — on the rest of us? We all have to play by the same rules, and we don’t get paid to help each other out - we do it because we want to. There’s no need for a passive-aggressive stance.

londonblue said: Reply to @brodel34: I'm not quite sure what the "attitude" is for. Cancellation ratio is not the same as positive feedback, which for 'thepromogirl' is still at 100% and she's a level 2 seller.

I understand you're frustrated but why come on to the forums presumably asking for advice (or at least venting at the system) and then take it out — however low-key it might seem — on the rest of us? We all have to play by the same rules, and we don't get paid to help each other out - we do it because we want to. There's no need for a passive-aggressive stance

what "attitude"?

"Trust me customers know more by your profile, not the title of your gig."

that to me is a statement that may be extremely relevant to cancellation rate. I wasn't having an attitude about it, simply making an observation. I tried to drive that home with an indifferent smiley but apparently that was a failed attempt. i hope promogirl understands i wasnt bashing her.

Archived