Greedy Buyers!

marketingxpertz

Hi,
At sometime in your life you must have face some greedy buyers who want everything for $5.I am not making fun of buyers but there are some buyers who want more in less.I have faced such kinds of buyers.Some just keep asking for revisions after few days an at the end not appreciating sellers effort I mean review.Some after getting a couple of revisions asking for refund.Some after placing an order asking for everything in $5 and these kind of buyers can be harmful for sellers because maybe they would cancel the order or leave you a negative review.And there is other category of buyers which are not getting online for days and not providing the info and after they get online they either ask you for modification or leave a negative review.

I think sellers should have some rights in this regard!

Thanks!!!

Hi there, I have also experienced such ‘greedy buyers’. Couple of days back a buyer from *********requested for a Logo,header,B.card,flyer & banner including all source files for $5 in 1 day. I simply replied him politely all that cannot be done for that amount he budgeted. He thereafter replied I could deliver it in 2 days.I simply ignored…I guess he got the message, he never came back.

You may have to reduce the number of revision you offer. I find that some buyers (the tiny majority) want you to produce their work several times and then want their money back. I sometimes feel that they are looking for free work.

As a Level 2 seller like you I can take the hit of back feedback every now and again but it still hurts!

You offer 3,5 and unlimited revisions on your gigs - then you complain about doing revisions… Stop offering so many if they are a problem, especially offering unlimited revisions - that’s just silly and asking for trouble.
An issue I have come across as a buyer is that some sellers do not listen to what I ask for in the revision I request. When you get a revision request, do exactly what they tell you and then double and triple check it before delivering again. I know if I have to say the same thing 2 or 3 times I would feel like cancelling the order too!
If they want you to do more than you have offered for $5, just say no and cancel or offer them a custom extra. It’s simple. A lot of buyers simply have no idea of what the price should be and remember that Fiverr has been advertised as the place to get anything done for $5 for years. If a buyer believes that then it may not be their fault. I often send custom extras with an explanation of what they can have for $5 and what I offer with the extra. Often it is accepted with thanks.

Writers and designers probably get this more than others. I had trouble with one of the logo designers where I asked for a logo design ($15) and I basically got a fancy design of a letter S. Although I did send them examples, color requirements, and company’s background info. When I asked for a revision then I got an answer that if you order his basic gig then you’ll get a less creative logo.
I think part of the problem is that logo designers have these awesome logos in their portfolio, but most of them don’t have a price tag next to them. If a buyer sees a great logo example then they instantly think that’s what they will get for $5. If you take the best logo in your portfolio, then would you give it away for $5? Some designers would, some wouldn’t.
I’m not saying that this goes for all designers and I do know that there are some scammers who wish to get a free logo, but if a buyer sees an awesome logo in the portfolio and it comes with unlimited revisions then they will have higher expectations.

Of course, you can’t outline every detail because there’s a creative process involved, it’s not like data entry or removing the background in Photoshop. However, I do agree with Eoin that if you promise unlimited revisions and you say that 100% satisfaction guaranteed, then some buyers will take that as an open invitation.

This post may also help you.
favicon.icoFiverr Forum http://forum.fiverr.com//images/default-apple-touch-icon.png

Dealing with Over Expectant Buyers/Lowering Cancellations

I have seen so many sellers having issues with/complaining about buyers expecting more than their gig offers. While I have had this issue, my answer is not to request a cancellation or to moan about it on the forum. Here are some reasons why a buyer...

Reading time: 2 mins ? Likes: 4 ❤

Consider this: Which is more valuable to you…

1.) Giving your work away for free in order to avoid a negative review?

or…

2.) Getting paid for what you do, and allowing your buyer to share an honest review of your work?

Keep in mind too that it is now against Fiverr’s rules to offer a refund to a buyer just to remove a negative review. Fiverr doesn’t like this, as can be seen in a new addition to their Terms of Service: “Sellers may not solicit the removal of feedback reviews from their buyers through mutual cancellations.”

Archived