[Guide] How to Rank Your Gig for Better Results on Fiverr

smashradio

We’ve all seen these posts here on the forum from time to time. Many sellers have the same question:

Why isn’t my gig visible when I search for it?” and “What’s up with Fiverr’s algorithm? My gig is on the last page!!!”.

In this post I’ll try to answer those questions, and give some (hopefully) helpful tips and tricks to help you rank your gig in Fiverr Search, and get more orders and better visibility.

This isn’t a full-proof guide in any way. Following these tips doesn’t guarantee top placement in the search, and won’t be a magical solution to the age-old question “how to get more orders”, but following these tips should help you get a better sense of how the Fiverr algorithm works, and how you can improve your gigs to get better results.

Search optimization (SEO) for your gig
Most of us have no clue when it comes to SEO. It’s some strange expert term used by people to get websites high up in Google, right? Well, it’s a bit more than that. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. And what is the search function on Fiverr? A search engine for gigs. So it makes sense that you have to optimize your gig so the search engine will see it as relevant when people search for your niche.

This is done using keywords. Keywords are simply relevant words for your niche. If you’re selling voice-overs, “voice over” is a relevant keyword. If you’re selling explainer videos, “explainer video” is a relevant keyword, and so on.

Add relevant keywords to your Gig Title:
Just having a single, relevant keyword in your gig title could help your ranking.

Here’s an example:

If you’re selling voice-overs, and your title is “I will record a professional voice over for you”, “voice over” will be your main keyword. If someone is looking to buy a voice-over, chances are, they will search for that on Fiverr.

Add keywords to your tags:
You should also add relevant keywords as search tags in your gig. You’re asked to include 5 tags when you set up your gig for the first time. You can also add tags later, by editing your gig.

You should think carefully about which tags you use, to make them as relevant as possible. Take into consideration what people are searching for when creating your tags.

Finding great keywords:

voice.jpg.e1bb379a6b3ce6744e40a131ab0ef368.jpg

A great way of finding good keywords is to search for similar gigs using the search function on Fiverr. You’ll get suggestions based on popular search terms when you start typing in the search field. For example, if you type in “voice” in the search box, several relevant suggestions will appear. This can help you to narrow down keywords that are popular and relevant for your gig.

In this particular example, “voice over”, “voice actor”, “voice acting” and “voice over male” could be good keywords to consider. Adding details about your service that are relevant in search is also a good way of getting higher rankings.

For example, you can add the language of your voice over service, or if you’re making 2D explainer videos, “2D” would be relevant.

Remember that you can combine keywords to make them even more relevant. For example “English” and “voice-over” fit nicely together if you’re selling English voice-overs. You get the idea.

Another way of finding relevant tags is to look at the competition. That successful gig with 1K+ five-star reviews in your niche is probably doing something right. Check out which keywords the competition is using, and you may get in on some of that search engine goodness.

If you visit their gig and scroll down, you’ll see that gig’s search tags. Don’t forget that you should only use keywords that are relevant to your gig. You want the right people to find you in search, so use the right keywords.

Adding keywords in your Gig description:
Another important factor to remember is the gig description. While you should include keywords here as well, it’s important to not over-do it! If you stuff your description full of keywords, it will turn buyers away.

Once a buyer has landed on your gig, your main goal should be to have a professional, great looking gig description and video that tells the buyer why they should order from you. This is your place to shine, so don’t destroy it with keyword-stuffing.

This doesn’t mean you should avoid keywords in your gig description, but you should include them in a way that looks natural to the reader.

Example: If you’re selling poster design, you could include your keyword by starting your description with “I will do amazing poster design…” and include sentences like “I’ve been working with professional poster design for 3 years…” etc. Just make it look natural.

Keywords in the Gig URL:
This ties together with keywords in the gig title. Remember that you can’t change the Gig URL after you have published the gig, so make sure to consider this when you’re setting the gig up for the first time.

The link to your gig is automatically generated based on your gig title. If you place your most important keyword in the title of your gig as I mentioned earlier, it will become a part of your gig URL as well.

Increase your conversion rate
You might have seen the “conversion rate” in your gig stats. This is just a statistic on how many potential buyers you turned in to actual buyers.

Example: One buyer is looking for a voice-over, and he clicks on your gig. If he just takes a look before leaving, that’s not a conversion. If the buyer ends up making an order from you, that is a conversion.

Because of this, the conversion rate is a good indicator of how good you are at turning potential buyers into actual buyers.

There are several things you can do to improve your conversion rate. Having a professional gig video is shown to improve conversions. So are having a great gig description. Many factors go into whether or not a buyer will order from you, so I’ve included some useful threads you should read when you’re done here:

There are lots of posts about people wanting to improve their gigs, requesting reviews, tips etc to get them more orders. I want to help out my fellow freelancers - hence this post. I believe I am currently the most successful PRO seller in the articles and blog posts category on Fiverr (between 30 and 40 orders a month, and around $5,000 in revenue), and have spent considerable time and effort optimizing my gigs for sales. I believe these optimization efforts apply to any type of gig, not jus…

Hey guys! Let’s cut straight to the chase. You’re a new seller (or maybe even an older seller experiencing a sales slum). Here are my 3 top tips to generating sales: 1. Interlink your services and create related gigsI’ve seen many new sellers fall into two traps when first creating their gigs. One of these traps is to create multiple gigs which are essentially the same thing (such as “create modern logo design”, “create a unique logo”, “design your logo”) in the hopes of getting more traffic…

Increasing your conversion rate will help your gig to rank higher in search results because the algorithm will recognize that you’re successful and in-demand on the platform. If you’re making money for Fiverr by being successful, they will make money for you.

Stay online, and stay active
Fiverr is always looking to land the next sale, so it’s natural to assume they will give online sellers that will respond quickly to messages and get the job done, an advantage in the search results.

If you’re awake and available, be online on Fiverr.com or in the app. This will gain you more visibility in search. Something you should never do is use tools to cheat the system by staying online 24/7. This is both against the ToS, and it’s unethical. Buyers are looking for sellers that are available to respond, so only be online when you’re available.

Climb the levels
Once you start getting a certain amount of orders, positive reviews, and time spent selling on Fiverr, your level should increase. You can read more about how Fiverr levels work here: https://www.fiverr.com/levels

If you make a search for something on Fiverr or visit a category, chances are, the higher level sellers will appear first in the results. This isn’t always the case, as Fiverr sometimes provides a boost to new sellers - but as a general rule, having a higher level will make you more visible on the website and in the search.

Maintain an excellent response rate and time
This ties in with being online. If you’re a responsive seller who replies quickly to messages from buyers, you’re more likely to show up high in the search results. Always try to maintain your response rate and response time, and get back to buyers quickly if they contact you.

Make more gigs
This is a great way to become more visible in search. Let’s say you are a Wordpress developer. In your gig, you offer several services related to Wordpress.

Then why not create more gigs? You could have one gig for “theme installation and configuration” and another for “fixing WordPress errors”. Having several gigs will increase the chances of your gig being relevant for the buyer, and visible in search.

Just keep in mind that Fiverr is no fan of duplicate gigs, so don’t make two gigs for the same service. They should all be unique. And if they are properly optimized, you’re on your way to becoming a successful seller here on Fiverr.

Now you just have to work hard, deliver great quality every time, and help the buyers out there solve their problems. If you’re professional, offer something unique at a good price, and market your services well, you should hopefully succeed!

I hope my tips help. If you implement any or all of them in your gig and see results, I’d love to hear from you in this thread!

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We’ve all seen these posts here on the forum from time to time. Many sellers have the same question:

Why isn’t my gig visible when I search for it?” and “What’s up with Fiverr’s algorithm? My gig is on the last page!!!”.

In this post I’ll try to answer those questions, and give some (hopefully) helpful tips and tricks to help you rank your gig in Fiverr Search, and get more orders and better visibility.

This isn’t a full-proof guide in any way. Following these tips doesn’t guarantee top placement in the search, and won’t be a magical solution to the age-old question “how to get more orders”, but following these tips should help you get a better sense of how the Fiverr algorithm works, and how you can improve your gigs to get better results.

Search optimization (SEO) for your gig

Most of us have no clue when it comes to SEO. It’s some strange expert term used by people to get websites high up in Google, right? Well, it’s a bit more than that. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. And what is the search function on Fiverr? A search engine for gigs. So it makes sense that you have to optimize your gig so the search engine will see it as relevant when people search for your niche.

This is done using keywords. Keywords are simply relevant words for your niche. If you’re selling voice-overs, “voice over” is a relevant keyword. If you’re selling explainer videos, “explainer video” is a relevant keyword, and so on.

Add relevant keywords to your Gig Title:

Just having a single, relevant keyword in your gig title could help your ranking.

Here’s an example:

If you’re selling voice-overs, and your title is “I will record a professional voice over for you”, “voice over” will be your main keyword. If someone is looking to buy a voice-over, chances are, they will search for that on Fiverr.

Add keywords to your tags:

You should also add relevant keywords as search tags in your gig. You’re asked to include 5 tags when you set up your gig for the first time. You can also add tags later, by editing your gig.

You should think carefully about which tags you use, to make them as relevant as possible. Take into consideration what people are searching for when creating your tags.

Finding great keywords:

A great way of finding good keywords is to search for similar gigs using the search function on Fiverr. You’ll get suggestions based on popular search terms when you start typing in the search field. For example, if you type in “voice” in the search box, several relevant suggestions will appear. This can help you to narrow down keywords that are popular and relevant for your gig.

In this particular example, “voice over”, “voice actor”, “voice acting” and “voice over male” could be good keywords to consider. Adding details about your service that are relevant in search is also a good way of getting higher rankings.

For example, you can add the language of your voice over service, or if you’re making 2D explainer videos, “2D” would be relevant.

Remember that you can combine keywords to make them even more relevant. For example “English” and “voice-over” fit nicely together if you’re selling English voice-overs. You get the idea.

Another way of finding relevant tags is to look at the competition. That successful gig with 1K+ five-star reviews in your niche is probably doing something right. Check out which keywords the competition is using, and you may get in on some of that search engine goodness.

If you visit their gig and scroll down, you’ll see that gig’s search tags. Don’t forget that you should only use keywords that are relevant to your gig. You want the right people to find you in search, so use the right keywords.

Adding keywords in your Gig description:

Another important factor to remember is the gig description. While you should include keywords here as well, it’s important to not over-do it! If you stuff your description full of keywords, it will turn buyers away.

Once a buyer has landed on your gig, your main goal should be to have a professional, great looking gig description and video that tells the buyer why they should order from you. This is your place to shine, so don’t destroy it with keyword-stuffing.

This doesn’t mean you should avoid keywords in your gig description, but you should include them in a way that looks natural to the reader.

Example: If you’re selling poster design, you could include your keyword by starting your description with “I will do amazing poster design…” and include sentences like “I’ve been working with professional poster design for 3 years…” etc. Just make it look natural.

Keywords in the Gig URL:

This ties together with keywords in the gig title. Remember that you can’t change the Gig URL after you have published the gig, so make sure to consider this when you’re setting the gig up for the first time.

The link to your gig is automatically generated based on your gig title. If you place your most important keyword in the title of your gig as I mentioned earlier, it will become a part of your gig URL as well.

Increase your conversion rate

You might have seen the “conversion rate” in your gig stats. This is just a statistic on how many potential buyers you turned in to actual buyers.

Example: One buyer is looking for a voice-over, and he clicks on your gig. If he just takes a look before leaving, that’s not a conversion. If the buyer ends up making an order from you, that is a conversion.

Because of this, the conversion rate is a good indicator of how good you are at turning potential buyers into actual buyers.

There are several things you can do to improve your conversion rate. Having a professional gig video is shown to improve conversions. So are having a great gig description. Many factors go into whether or not a buyer will order from you, so I’ve included some useful threads you should read when you’re done here:

There are lots of posts about people wanting to improve their gigs, requesting reviews, tips etc to get them more orders. I want to help out my fellow freelancers - hence this post. I believe I am currently the most successful PRO seller in the articles and blog posts category on Fiverr (between 30 and 40 orders a month, and around $5,000 in revenue), and have spent considerable time and effort optimizing my gigs for sales. I believe these optimization efforts apply to any type of gig, not jus…
Hey guys! Let’s cut straight to the chase. You’re a new seller (or maybe even an older seller experiencing a sales slum). Here are my 3 top tips to generating sales: 1. Interlink your services and create related gigsI’ve seen many new sellers fall into two traps when first creating their gigs. One of these traps is to create multiple gigs which are essentially the same thing (such as “create modern logo design”, “create a unique logo”, “design your logo”) in the hopes of getting more traffic…

Increasing your conversion rate will help your gig to rank higher in search results because the algorithm will recognize that you’re successful and in-demand on the platform. If you’re making money for Fiverr by being successful, they will make money for you.

Stay online, and stay active

Fiverr is always looking to land the next sale, so it’s natural to assume they will give online sellers that will respond quickly to messages and get the job done, an advantage in the search results.

If you’re awake and available, be online on Fiverr.com or in the app. This will gain you more visibility in search. Something you should never do is use tools to cheat the system by staying online 24/7. This is both against the ToS, and it’s unethical. Buyers are looking for sellers that are available to respond, so only be online when you’re available.

Climb the levels

Once you start getting a certain amount of orders, positive reviews, and time spent selling on Fiverr, your level should increase. You can read more about how Fiverr levels work here: https://www.fiverr.com/levels

If you make a search for something on Fiverr or visit a category, chances are, the higher level sellers will appear first in the results. This isn’t always the case, as Fiverr sometimes provides a boost to new sellers - but as a general rule, having a higher level will make you more visible on the website and in the search.

Maintain an excellent response rate and time

This ties in with being online. If you’re a responsive seller who replies quickly to messages from buyers, you’re more likely to show up high in the search results. Always try to maintain your response rate and response time, and get back to buyers quickly if they contact you.

Make more gigs

This is a great way to become more visible in search. Let’s say you are a Wordpress developer. In your gig, you offer several services related to Wordpress.

Then why not create more gigs? You could have one gig for “theme installation and configuration” and another for “fixing WordPress errors”. Having several gigs will increase the chances of your gig being relevant for the buyer, and visible in search.

Just keep in mind that Fiverr is no fan of duplicate gigs, so don’t make two gigs for the same service. They should all be unique. And if they are properly optimized, you’re on your way to becoming a successful seller here on Fiverr.

Now you just have to work hard, deliver great quality every time, and help the buyers out there solve their problems. If you’re professional, offer something unique at a good price, and market your services well, you should hopefully succeed!

I hope my tips help. If you implement any or all of them in your gig and see results, I’d love to hear from you in this thread!

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to do this guide. I have to recognize that when it comes to ranking my Gig I do not pay as much attention as it may require. I mean, I don’t want to stress myself watching it being on the last page where nobody will ever see it, also understanding that I’m a new seller. I think more about the quality of the product I deliver winning bids on BR while my business grows, but of course, I understand the logic behind this, the more visible your Gig is, the more potential buyers you’ll attract. Nevertheless, one thing that I do on a regular basis is changing the description of my Gigs, adding things, removing some, and try to explain better what can I do for a buyer.

Another important factor to remember is the gig description.

Speaking about results, last week I did this ☝️ . I was updating my Gig description and add some keywords to it that I thought may clarify things for readers (and encourage them to buy) and to my surprise it worked. For the first time in the last 3 months, 4 different people approached me with serious business (not those scammers that always want to take advantage of new sellers), I managed to get orders from 3 of them, all related to the keywords added recently on my description, so I definitely highlight this point from the guide.

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to do this guide. I have to recognize that when it comes to ranking my Gig I do not pay as much attention as it may require. I mean, I don’t want to stress myself watching it being on the last page where nobody will ever see it, also understanding that I’m a new seller. I think more about the quality of the product I deliver winning bids on BR while my business grows, but of course, I understand the logic behind this, the more visible your Gig is, the more potential buyers you’ll attract. Nevertheless, one thing that I do on a regular basis is changing the description of my Gigs, adding things, removing some, and try to explain better what can I do for a buyer.

Another important factor to remember is the gig description.

Speaking about results, last week I did this ☝️ . I was updating my Gig description and add some keywords to it that I thought may clarify things for readers (and encourage them to buy) and to my surprise it worked. For the first time in the last 3 months, 4 different people approached me with serious business (not those scammers that always want to take advantage of new sellers), I managed to get orders from 3 of them, all related to the keywords added recently on my description, so I definitely highlight this point from the guide.

So happy to hear that updating and working on your gig description worked! I don’t update mine often, but I try to optimize it whenever I can and need. Of course, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. But there’s always room for improvements.

In my market there’s no buyers requests. I never seen one related to what I do. Instead, I’m found through search.

After Fiverr removed all the languages with less than a certain amount of sellers in the VO category from the list of languages, I have grown even more dependent on being visible in search, and with all the business coming my way from that end I think a lot of sellers could increase their amount of orders if they paid more attention to this, and not just BR.

Like you said, optimizing your gig description worked for you. I encourage more sellers to do so. Thanks for your reply!

did everything right even getting order form buyer request but I don’t know still my every gig is on the last page…disappointed

I had a look at a couple of your gigs, and they seem to be optimized pretty well for search! This leads me to believe the problem might be the competition in your niche.

Logo design has a ton of sellers offering similar gigs. This means that you’re competing against several others who might also be optimizing their gig. This is similar to what happens with SEO on the web in general. If you’re trying to rank a site in a crowded niche it becomes a lot harder to get clear results.

In your case, I would imagine getting more orders could help you rank higher. Like I said, this isn’t a full-proof way of getting your gig on the first page, but just a guide on how you can optimize your gig to improve your ranking. Factors like the amount of orders you’re getting also matter.

I hope you’ll work it out and succeed in your category! 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

Archived