Fiverr Forum

Halloween Quiz - Question Five

on average 252

A group of engineering students from Purdue University reported that its licking machine, modeled after a human tongue, took an average of 364 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop. Twenty of the group’s volunteers assumed the licking challenge-unassisted by machinery-and averaged 252 licks each to the center.

@};- @};- @};-

nadeem_maqsood said: 252 licks

248 licks

Large licks: 423. Small licks: 752.

Harvard Grad students created a rotating mechanical tongue and concluded it took 2255 licks.

Answer: Average 2255 licks

My guess is 200+:)

364 Licks

Reply to @bbetrio3: A few echo’s, but what can you do but look it up on the internet. I wonder if the answer is an actual number, or if the answer from the website would be accepted.

Reply to @madmoo: Never seen/heard of tootsies where i live. The closest i’ve had is a Chuppa Chup Lollipop

I’d say 758 licks.

I think if its just licks about 1000, but if your s uckin it then maybe it would take 10 mins to vanish

144 licks (range 70–222)

No one knows because it depends on salivation and amount of time.

A student study at the University of Cambridge concluded that it takes 3,481 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop

Another study by Purdue University concluded that it takes an average of 364 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop using a “licking machine”, while it takes an average of 252 licks

when tried by 20 volunteers. Yet another study by the University of Michigan concluded that it takes 411 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop

but It all depends on a lot of factors like the size of your mouth, the amount of saliva, etc.i will say the world may never know. :slight_smile:

Answer: Average 217 licks

164 licks!

The world may never know this, as we always bite into it before we get to the center… so maybe 3 to 5 licks before we bite into it. :slight_smile: