Handling Fiverr Seller Burn-out

hotwebideas

I have seen several sellers on the forum talk about how they are getting tired when getting more orders. I was tired a few months back when I had 8 orders in the queue for my gig where I analyze a website’s sales potential in a video and decided to use a few tricks. After employing them successfully, I was able to deliver them quickly, accurately and all with positive reviews from buyers. This gig is to date my most successful gig.

I offer these tips to all new sellers who are burning out:

1. Increase your delivery day number. There is nothing wrong with this and if you have a lot of positive reviews, buyers will still order.

2. Communicate with your seller and tell them that you may not be able to deliver on time. One thing I asked a buyer to do was cancel an order (mutual) and then I did the gig for free before the buyer re-ordered. I then messaged the buyer and told her it was ready and if she ordered today, I would deliver today. That worked fine.

3. Add another day to your express gigs if you do not feel you can deliver in 24 hours. Let’s face it, express gigs are stressful at times. You can always put it back to 1 day when the smoke clears.

4. As a last resort, suspend the gig. Suspending gigs lowers your search rankings, so use it as a last resort only. Increasing the delivery time is a better strategy.

That’s it. Communication and time are your friends. Use them wisely.

Bruce

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest tn5rr2012

I wouldn’t call it burn out from my family tree gig but when I get tired, I sit back and wait a day (this is why I have a 10 day turnaround) and I also look at one family tree at a time. I focus on the one that is due for delivery the soonest and ignore the rest. usually most of my work is done on the weekends and I am not so tired from my day job

And by recalibrate, I mean I had one gig where I was getting 10 orders a week at $5.00 but by reducing what that $5.00 bought by 80% and making what it used to buy a $40.00 extra I doubled sales $ value from the gig and cut my workload by about 70%. So about 3 orders a week at $45.00 each is clearly greater than 10 at 5 each.

I wish I had sellers burn out! I’m raring to go haha.

I can imagine though, when you have looming deadlines and what not. My advice would be to start slowing it down a little and extending your delivery time. Like has been said, if you got plenty of good reviews anyway, you can always turn it back up again once you are feeling back on form. 🙂

Good luck!

"4) As a last resort, suspend the gig. Suspending gigs lowers your search rankings, so use it as a last resort only. Increasing the delivery time is a better strategy."

Whoa! Does it lower search ranking permanently? I have a gig that is location dependent do only activate it when I know I will be at that location. I don’t just offer it all the time with a long delivery because I have a limited number of gigs I can list and it takes up one of the slots.

prohelper27 said: I have a question for you hotwebideas... how do you recover from having your search rankings lowered due to you suspending a gig?

I am not sure how that works. I think only time will tell. Keeping your gigs alive will help them slowly find their way back up to where they were. Maybe also changing your tags to more popular ones. Sometimes, it is the tags that dictate your position in the search rankings. Also, I am sure that the more you sell, the better your rankings as Fiverr sees it as a valuable gig, so if you can make them express gigs to sell more, do it, but be prepared to get busier, which is what you want anyway, I am sure.

1. Is also really useful because if you have about a week, you can have express delivery too!

I had to tell a buyer once I couldn’t complete his gig,and asked him to cancel (I had been ill all day and it was the last day to deliver) and told him i’d give it to him for free. He told his friends about it, and I got more sales overall. It helps being generous. 🙂

Reply to @prohelper27: I don’t think it lowers it permanently. That would be bad if it happened like that. I found this out the hard way as well as from people here and I was suspending my gigs a lot last year.

One suggestion I have: Instead of suspending your gigs when you are not in the location, I would add to the gig description that you would not be able to deliver for a certain date range.

Also, I know that @oldbittygrandma (Jo) went off Fiverr for a week and all her gigs were gone and when she came back, they were all in their position.

Jo, if you can comment on how you did that successfully, we would like to know 😉

If anyone can answer your question, it’s Jo!

Hm, for the ratings, I think positive recent reviews will move you up the rankings. So if you have regulars who order when you unsuspend your gig, it shouldn’t be as bad as starting from scratch. I’ve never suspended my gig out of fear of losing my position but I will have to when I go on vacation this summer and this is a major concern.

Archived