Fiverr Forum

Handling your fiverr business as A REAL BUSINESS

Best customer service and quality service is the key to have strong customer base.

But who can work for 24/7 without affecting their health and being reasonably free for people around them who matter? Have you ever been asked for a dinner or party and you’ve turned down the offer because you’re too busy shaping your future? There are many examples to continue. But if you choose to simply leave the work and go out then your service quality decreases. Now if you get 5-6 orders per day, things pile up and you will feel trapped.

In my case, I travel a lot. And most of the times i end up not being able to meet project DEADLINES.
Or sometimes I have creative block and it is impossible to avoid late deliveries. E.g my last one was when I’ve received an order for workout programming guide. The project required me to use images of lots of vegetable, beaches and pineapples and i couldn’t relate these to content. There was nothing related to workout and I got so blocked out. Couldn’t come up with anything I wanted.

Or we have people ordering and in requirements they mention something like “Yo, I have my launch in the morning, FINISH IT by then”. Sometimes, you already have express deliveries lined up in your queue. Cancelling it, is not an option. You won’t sleep and finish all express deliveries, then you need to deliver other orders. When will you sleep? Or can you be as productive as you were fresh? I think the answer is NO for most of the people in creative field.

• Limit

It is better if you limit your capacity of being able to take orders. That way you can give higher quality customer service. It is better to deliver 2 perfect projects rather than unfinished 5.

• Compensate

If you’re late or couldn’t give your clients enough time and you think customer care quality was not perfect, then offer them something that will make them consider you for their new projects.

For example: You could offer free express delivery on their next order - you won’t loose anything, it is just called better customer care. OR $5-$10 off as a compensation on their next order - this is tricky one. You will find most of the customers not availing this but for sure it shows how kind you’re and they won’t care about your discount. The easiest one maybe is offering free source file. (not for all orders, logo service would be something relevant).

• Care

Think of a project as if it was yours. What would you expect if you hired someone for the same job? Customer’s every penny should be worth for what they are getting.

• Copyright

If you want your work to be successful avoid Copyright Infringement. Imagine if Starbucks logo was made from stock website. Do you think it would survive legal battles?

I use stock websites everyday. And I am not ashamed of using them in my designs because i buy legal rights to use them in my client’s works. And I strictly follow their policies.

I often run into logos which are stock based and most of the stock websites don’t allow their assets to be used as logo. Or another example: Recently I had to work on a project which was made by my fiverr competitor in the same niche. I’ve received source file in a zip format: And I see Futura and Proxima Nova typefaces were also offered as part of source file. Now this is considered as transmitting someones work. And it is illegal!

I make my clients see the option of fonts and most of my clients prefer free fonts and some always opt for premium fonts. It is their wish.

Don’t make your customer legally vulnerable. If they face any issue, you will be cursed or you will end up paying fine or god knows.

P.S: Guys I am not an expert nor a writer so forgive me for grammatical mistakes.
These are from my own experience and everyone has their opinion.