Hanging out waiting for a "real" buyer request, so let's visit

vickiespencer

I am one job away from receiving my Fiverr level one badge, so I have been hanging out on Fiverr most of the day hoping I can pick up a Buyer Request and get my badge. However, ugh 85 to 90% of the posts have been from sellers posting their gigs! However, I have enjoyed hanging out on the forum and posting here. Also, I am learning a lot about how Fiverr works. More new sellers should hang out here instead of making posts like, “Please help me to get more gigs.” What amazes me is the advice so many of the regulars pass on to these people and how patiently they do it.

So to break the boredom and see how it works, I decided to post a $5 Buyer Request myself. One that is a job and not a request to book my gigs. That should be interesting.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I did not know it would take so long for a buyer request to go through. I wrote one up, filled in the form and such and now I am waiting for it to be approved. It is interesting to see what the buyer has to do before a Buyer Request can appear.

If this “approval” process was a real thing the buyer request section would close to empty considering most of it is trash

Wow, I did not know it would take so long for a buyer request to go through. I wrote one up, filled in the form and such and now I am waiting for it to be approved. It is interesting to see what the buyer has to do before a Buyer Request can appear.

Yeah … when I usually post on BR it takes about 10 hours to become approved. Sometimes more! They take a while :thinking:

If this “approval” process was a real thing the buyer request section would close to empty considering most of it is trash

I was wondering how the sellers who are trying to sell through buyer requests get through the buyer request approval process. I wrote a request for a $5 gig that should be fairly easy and quick to complete thinking it would be done by tomorrow. Here it is nearing the end of the day and it still has not posted. 🤨

I was wondering how the sellers who are trying to sell through buyer requests get through the buyer request approval process. I wrote a request for a $5 gig that should be fairly easy and quick to complete thinking it would be done by tomorrow. Here it is nearing the end of the day and it still has not posted. 🤨

Apparently, I think they do it through their ‘buyer account’. It’s not fair. They get theirs through but when you do it, you get declined. I think you might want to be careful because you might lose your chance of getting a level 1 badge. I have experienced something like this…

Hope you get a buyer soon 😊

I am not looking for a buyer. Buyer requests are where buyers post jobs they want to be done by sellers. I posted for one over 5 hours ago. It still has not been approved. You are not supposed to post for jobs YOU want to get on Buyers Requests.

I am not looking for a buyer. Buyer requests are where buyers post jobs they want to be done by sellers. I posted for one over 5 hours ago. It still has not been approved. You are not supposed to post for jobs YOU want to get on Buyers Requests.

Oh ok. Good. I am sure they will approve it. If by any chance they decline it, contact CS.

Apparently, I think they do it through their ‘buyer account’. It’s not fair. They get theirs through but when you do it, you get declined. I think you might want to be careful because you might lose your chance of getting a level 1 badge. I have experienced something like this…

People on Fiverr can be a buyer and a seller. Moreover, if a Fiverr account holder wants to hire someone to do a job for them, it is entirely okay to do that. Also, the job is listed through the Buying tab and then go to post a request. I posted a request because some regulars have suggested we do so on the forum. As it is a way to see what the buyers do when they post for jobs. It will also help me as a seller know the process a buyer goes through to pick a seller too. I want to understand how Fiverr works from both sides, seller, and buyer.

Buyer requests are where sellers post jobs they want to be done.

Um, you got this backwards, Vickie.

Buyer’s Requests are where buyers post jobs they want to be done & where sellers bid. 🙂

Yes, I want it for my profile or one of my gigs, I do not need:

my drawing is abysmal.

Actually, I just had a quick go and I don’t think I’m that bad…

paint.thumb.jpg.9f2970d1e6c4e911c238049847215637.jpg

What do you think?

I think it’s got potential from a surrealist perspective. In either case, have this one me. 🙂

@gina_riley2 @cyaxrex @misscrystal @tia11404 @jonbaas

So my Buyer Request went through sometime while I was asleep. When I awoke this morning, I had 29 offers and one offer through messages. I sent a return message to the one who contacted me through messages and scolded him for doing so.

I picked a newbie seller, like myself to do the job. If it is good, I will use it for one of my gigs or even my profile picture. I am looking forward to seeing what she does.

@gina_riley2 @cyaxrex @misscrystal @tia11404 @jonbaas

So my Buyer Request went through sometime while I was asleep. When I awoke this morning, I had 29 offers and one offer through messages. I sent a return message to the one who contacted me through messages and scolded him for doing so.

I picked a newbie seller, like myself to do the job. If it is good, I will use it for one of my gigs or even my profile picture. I am looking forward to seeing what she does.

You could have asked for free samples. 🙂

I hope you show us what you got.

You could have asked for free samples. 🙂

I hope you show us what you got.

All of them had samples in their gigs of their work. Some claimed to be drawing the picture when it was evident that they were using a photo app to do the work. I do not mind if they use a photo app, to do what I requested, but I feel they should not say they are “drawing” it. So I picked a newbie that did not say she would draw it, she said she would create it. Although to be fair, I guess non-English speakers may not realize their error in this.

Archived