Happy buyer who left a TIP leaves less than 5 star review

katherinebell1

Hi everyone! I’m feeling a bit badly about a review on my last order. The order went great, the buyer and I had great conversation before the order. I delivered her order early and she even left me a big tip! YAY! The only problem is that on her very kind and detailed review, she left 4.7 stars. Of course I am very grateful to her for the business, tip, and positive review, but I do still feel a bit badly about the 4.7 stars. I’m thinking about messaging her and asking how I might improve for next time, do you all think that’s a good idea? Thanks so much for your support and opinions here!

Hi everyone! I’m feeling a bit badly about a review on my last order. The order went great, the buyer and I had great conversation before the order. I delivered her order early and she even left me a big tip! YAY! The only problem is that on her very kind and detailed review, she left 4.7 stars. Of course I am very grateful to her for the business, tip, and positive review, but I do still feel a bit badly about the 4.7 stars. I’m thinking about messaging her and asking how I might improve for next time, do you all think that’s a good idea? Thanks so much for your support and opinions here!

I’m thinking about messaging her and asking how I might improve for next time, do you all think that’s a good idea?

It’s not allowed to ask for or about reviews, even if you don’t mention the word review. You could get an account warning for that.

Do not message the buyer. Conversing with buyers about feedback or reviews for orders can result in a warning from Fiverr.

4.7 stars is not bad at all and doesn’t significantly impact stats. 4.3 stars and below are perceived as a slap to the face for many sellers. Too many reviews below 4.7 stars can lead to level loss or buyer request suspension.

It is a bit odd to receive 4.7 stars and also a tip, but it’s not worth risking a permanent warning from Fiverr.

I’m thinking about messaging her and asking how I might improve for next time, do you all think that’s a good idea?

It’s not allowed to ask for or about reviews, even if you don’t mention the word review. You could get an account warning for that.

hi @catwriter! Thanks for your response! I wouldn’t be asking for a review, I know that is against community guidelines. I was just thinking of asking her how I might improve for next time or future orders.

Do not message the buyer. Conversing with buyers about feedback or reviews for orders can result in a warning from Fiverr.

4.7 stars is not bad at all and doesn’t significantly impact stats. 4.3 stars and below are perceived as a slap to the face for many sellers. Too many reviews below 4.7 stars can lead to level loss or buyer request suspension.

It is a bit odd to receive 4.7 stars and also a tip, but it’s not worth risking a permanent warning from Fiverr.

@enunciator thanks so much for your input. I know 4.7 isn’t bad and I probably shouldn’t be upset about it especially considering what you’ve said. You’re definitely right, it’s not worth risking a warning from Fiverr. Thanks again!

hi @catwriter! Thanks for your response! I wouldn’t be asking for a review, I know that is against community guidelines. I was just thinking of asking her how I might improve for next time or future orders.

I was just thinking of asking her how I might improve for next time or future orders.

It’s still risky, because it’s not allowed to make buyers feel bad about the rating they gave.

There have been many forum posts where sellers have got a warning for discussing a review.

Best to leave your buyer alone and move on.

I was just thinking of asking her how I might improve for next time or future orders.

It’s still risky, because it’s not allowed to make buyers feel bad about the rating they gave.

good point @catwriter, I definitely have no intention of making them feel bad so the best thing to do is probably to forget about it and move on! Thanks again

This sometimes happens; they may or may not have meant to leave 4.7. It’s best not to bring it up unless the customer does and you certainly can’t ask for them to change the review. It’s very frustratingI know, because it has happened to me, but you shouldn’t sweat the small stuff. Try not to think about it, go on to the next customer, provide a great service.

A 4.7-Star rating AND a Tip???

It could have been NO rating and NO Tip.

I didn’t know we were here to gain ratings.

I thought we were here to gain employment in the Gig Economy.

I get it.

You wanted a 5-Star review.

I rate your post at 2.5-Stars.

See, now that 4.7 must look pretty good now.

Sorry, I just shake my head at these kinds of posts.

I do feel for you, but really?

This sometimes happens; they may or may not have meant to leave 4.7. It’s best not to bring it up unless the customer does and you certainly can’t ask for them to change the review. It’s very frustratingI know, because it has happened to me, but you shouldn’t sweat the small stuff. Try not to think about it, go on to the next customer, provide a great service.

Thanks so much for the comment and help ❤️ Much appreciated! @rosebarlow

A 4.7-Star rating AND a Tip???

It could have been NO rating and NO Tip.

I didn’t know we were here to gain ratings.

I thought we were here to gain employment in the Gig Economy.

I get it.

You wanted a 5-Star review.

I rate your post at 2.5-Stars.

See, now that 4.7 must look pretty good now.

Sorry, I just shake my head at these kinds of posts.

I do feel for you, but really?

Hey @looseink / thanks for your comment. I was just looking for a little positive support from my Fiverr community as I was feeling a little bit badly. I appreciate your time responding.

Hey @looseink / thanks for your comment. I was just looking for a little positive support from my Fiverr community as I was feeling a little bit badly. I appreciate your time responding.

For sure.

I understand how it must feel, but a 4.7 is nothing.

If you look at your profile, under your photo it shows that all you have are 5-Star reviews.

Fiverr doesn’t break them down, Fiverr rounds them up for your totals.

So, in reality, a 4.7 means nothing.

I agree with everyone else that says do not message the buyer and reference the previous order as it is potentially problematic. Having said that - if the buyer is happy with the work, and orders again - at that time, you could say “thanks for the order, pleasure working with you again - if there’s anything particular I could do for you to help make this transaction meet all your expectations, please let me know in advance. Complete customer satisfaction is my goal” :… or… something along those lines.

Maybe then, the buyer could provide you with some insight - but be sure not to reference, reviews.

I agree with everyone else that says do not message the buyer and reference the previous order as it is potentially problematic. Having said that - if the buyer is happy with the work, and orders again - at that time, you could say “thanks for the order, pleasure working with you again - if there’s anything particular I could do for you to help make this transaction meet all your expectations, please let me know in advance. Complete customer satisfaction is my goal” :… or… something along those lines.

Maybe then, the buyer could provide you with some insight - but be sure not to reference, reviews.

Thank you so much for your time and support @socialhonor! Great suggestion 😊

I once did a gig, simple, easy, buyer left a tip and a 3 star across the board rating. Saying in the review I did a fantastic job. I messaged her when she ordered again and asked, “before starting the gig, was there an issue on the first job that I received only a 3 star rating”, She said, no issue, but seemed to get what I was saying, I have had 12 orders from her now and all the rest are 5 starts…
So some people just do not get it at first.

Another time I got a 1 star rating, fantastic review and a tip. I messaged the guy immediately. he said he clicked the wrong side of the star symbols while in a rush. And he contacted support and the changed it to 5 star, but yet it still shows up in my stats as my 1 1star review… Which helps be feel complete…

ALSO, on my tablet, in the app, I have had issues where I click the 5 start and only 4 stars light up. I always check now and it happens often.

I once did a gig, simple, easy, buyer left a tip and a 3 star across the board rating. Saying in the review I did a fantastic job. I messaged her when she ordered again and asked, “before starting the gig, was there an issue on the first job that I received only a 3 star rating”, She said, no issue, but seemed to get what I was saying, I have had 12 orders from her now and all the rest are 5 starts…

So some people just do not get it at first.

Another time I got a 1 star rating, fantastic review and a tip. I messaged the guy immediately. he said he clicked the wrong side of the star symbols while in a rush. And he contacted support and the changed it to 5 star, but yet it still shows up in my stats as my 1 1star review… Which helps be feel complete…

ALSO, on my tablet, in the app, I have had issues where I click the 5 start and only 4 stars light up. I always check now and it happens often.

Glad you got it sorted out but …it’s dangerous to even mention a previous rating/review though. That can get you flagged… so my suggestion would be to avoid it.

Glad you got it sorted out but …it’s dangerous to even mention a previous rating/review though. That can get you flagged… so my suggestion would be to avoid it.

Its not against TOS if you get a low review and then respond “I am sorry we did not live up to our reputation, is there a way in the future we can do better? I just want to provide the best service possible”

Archived