Happy Labor Day From Your Uncle Charles

silberma1976

It is Labor Day in the United States. A time when we show appreciation for all those who labor by working a four day week. Take some time this weekend to enjoy a last gasp of summer, appreciation for the ability to use this amazing platform to work when and where you want, and to think about all those who are suffering in Huston. It can get slow here this weekend.

Happy Labor Day!

Love,

Uncle Charles

It is Labor Day in the United States. A time when we show appreciation for all those who labor by working a four day week. Take some time this weekend to enjoy a last gasp of summer, appreciation for the ability to use this amazing platform to work when and where you want, and to think about all those who are suffering in Huston. It can get slow here this weekend.

Happy Labor Day!

Love,

Uncle Charles

by not working a full-week

In my country it was in May and it’s only a single day… are you sure it’s a full week? I’ve never heard of something like that before, and I imagine that if everyone stopped working for a full week there’d be utter chaos! 😬

Guest the_possumist

I think he means that since most businesses are closed on Labor Day (which is always the first Monday of September) we will only be working 4 out of 5 days this week. Of course, that doesn’t apply to Fiverr work. 😅

Please don’t refer to yourself as Uncle Charles

Why are you so Auntie Anti-Uncle?

I believe he was being “anti-weird.”

…Gotta say…there’s something very white van, clown suit wearing and menacing undercurrent-ish about needing to be called “Uncle.”

mod note: I mean this lovingly, of course.

…Gotta say…there’s something very white van, clown suit wearing and menacing undercurrent-ish about needing to be called “Uncle.”

mod note: I mean this lovingly, of course.

Yeah, I know, but my joke would not have worked then.

By not working a full-week? That’s not my experience. Labor day is only one day. Besides, those of us on Fiverr aren’t salary employees, for me to get a break, I either have to finish all my work early or I have to put my gigs on vacation.

The day I have nothing to do on Fiverr is a rare day indeed.

I should have said, I teach, thus we get one day off, Monday, so it is a 4 day week.

@silberma1976 Uncle Charles it says in your profile you are a fiverr Super Seller.
I have seen a few other super sellers who have appeared on the forum or in podcasts, or in articles, who have thousands of sales a month but you have slightly under 1000 reviews.
I’m curious how they informed you of this? The whole super seller thing is a puzzle to me.

Sorry you feel that way. Sincerely, Uncle Charles

Maybe Uncle Charles would not be as bad as “Your” uncle charles since it kind of sounds like the reader is forced to have someone they don’t know as an uncle. (Perhaps my area is too southern, but where I live men who call themselves uncle and aren’t related tend to have questionable intentions.) It also reminds me of the ones who call everyone “dear” and that’s not my thing either. Anyway, I agree with @writer99025 writer on this one but I’m also old and currently cranky.

Maybe Uncle Charles would not be as bad as “Your” uncle charles since it kind of sounds like the reader is forced to have someone they don’t know as an uncle. (Perhaps my area is too southern, but where I live men who call themselves uncle and aren’t related tend to have questionable intentions.) It also reminds me of the ones who call everyone “dear” and that’s not my thing either. Anyway, I agree with @writer99025 writer on this one but I’m also old and currently cranky.

men who call themselves uncle and aren’t related tend to have questionable intentions

Especially when they sign their note Love, Uncle Charles

men who call themselves uncle and aren’t related tend to have questionable intentions

Yeah, I’m not feeling it at all. I’ll be frank it feels weird, creepy & awkward to call a complete stranger Uncle Charles. Charles is good enough for me.

@silberma1976 Uncle Charles it says in your profile you are a fiverr Super Seller.

I have seen a few other super sellers who have appeared on the forum or in podcasts, or in articles, who have thousands of sales a month but you have slightly under 1000 reviews.

I’m curious how they informed you of this? The whole super seller thing is a puzzle to me.

Super seller is not an official Fiverr title. I was featured in the Blog twice as a Super Seller. So it comes from being featured in the Blog under that title. Plus, my middle initil is S and my last name starts with S, so it all works out. Super Seller. I can say that is my real middle and last name.

I mean it in a playful way. I could call myself Drunk Uncle. I am an Uncle in real life too.

I mean it in a playful way. I could call myself Drunk Uncle. I am an Uncle in real life too.

LOL, I’m also an uncle and call myself “evil uncle” with my nephew. I take my evil nephew to R-rated horror movies, I tell him the truth about the world, how horrible bosses can be, how hard it can be to keep a job, what happens if you don’t choose the right career, etc.

I’m the uncle I always wanted to have. The only rule my sister has is that I can’t undermine her. So, no trips to the gun range until he’s 18. I’m proud of my nephew, I just hope he makes the right choices. Hope he picks a safe career like engineering, finance, law, software development, etc. Pray he doesn’t go into advertising.

Archived