Today I have just experienced my first frustration on Fiverr and learned a thing or two about doing business with people on this platform.
Few days ago, a new buyer came to me for a voice over project. I accepted and realized it was his very first purchase on this platform. After accepting the delivery, the buyer reviewed the transaction as such : " the service was pretty good! " and … a 3.7 rate.
I do not think I did anything wrong, the service I provided was impeccable and absolutely in line with what to expect. Here is the list of all the things I provided to this seller :
- Extremely quick answers / smooth communication / Friendly and open to suggestions
- Discount on project : he was offering $30 but I decided to apply my regular rate at $15 to be fair
- Proposed my guidance for the buyer on how to use Fiverr, since it was his first experience
- Provided multiple versions of voice for his revision request
- Delivered within 24h instead of 7 days
How could I possibly improve or get such a rating given all these elements ? I mean, if a customer is not fully satisfied, I am looking for some constructive feedback in order to improve and not repeat mistakes I would have made. But I guess I just got to accept my fate on that one … What else is there to do for us sellers in that situation ?
To conclude, this experience really refrains me from making business with absolute beginners anymore. They do not grasp the importance of the rating system, and how much a 3.7 rating and being happy with the result is devastating, when the seller is providing his/her best and delivering beyond expectations.
Today I felt cheated and powerless as a seller.