Fiverr Forum

Hard work pays off except when you make a mistake

Hey! 2 days ago, I received an order through the Fiverr inbox. I, being new here, thought it was normal to get orders in the inbox. Yesterday, I have submitted my work to her and got no response. Now, reading through tips and FAQS I have realized that buyers are not supposed to send their orders through inbox. What should I do?

PS. It was my first order

1 Like

Well, there isn’t much you can do. You should have sent the client a custom offer. Please always create a custom offer if they don’t order directly. Now you have to hope that the customer is nice enough to accept paying for work they don’t need to, since you did it already. And I doubt anybody would refuse getting work done for free unless they want to continue working with you in the future. You can try to still send a custom offer for the work you’ve delivered and hope they accept.

1 Like

I have asked her to put the order in dasahboard so that I can send the work again.

1 Like

If you just send a custom offer it’s less work for the client. If you don’t know how to do that, I can tell you. Maybe useful for the future.

1 Like

That will be great, Janali

1 Like

Go to the inbox where you’ve sent messages to the client. Underneath the message bar, you will see “Create an offer”, I’ve attached an image of what it looks like

Once you’ve clicked on that and picked the respective gig for which you want to create an offer, you can fill out the offer as seen on this screenshot from one of my gigs

Once you click “Submit offer” the offer will be automatically sent to the client and then you have to wait for them to accept it.

3 Likes

Thank you so much, Janali!! Will make sure to do this next time.

2 Likes

You’re welcome! I hope your client still accepts to pay and doesn’t just disappear with your work now. Good luck!

1 Like

I hope so too. Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like