Fiverr Forum

Has anyone else joined to feel more productive duing COVID?

Hi! I’ve had a lot more free time since this all started, and a friend recommended that I make an account on here to put my skills to use. Anyone else in the same boat?

2 Likes

Hello, Emily,

Welcome to Fiverr and the Fiverr Forum.

I joined Fiverr 2.83 years ago, so I can say that I did not join Fiverr to feel productive during the pandemic.

I took a peek :eyes: at your gigs. I noticed that you have a gig for proofreading school papers and essays. Fiverr TOS, which you agreed to when you joined Fiverr state:

Third-party TOS violation - By taking part in doing someone else’s academic work (which will likely be submitted as the student’s own work) you are actively taking part in a violation of the integrity code of most, if not all, schools and academic institutions. This behavior can lead to the suspension or expulsion of students. Fiverr does not allow taking part in such fraudulent activities.

Fiverr could give you an account warning or even remove your account for offering these services. It will be best for you to either delete or modify your gig not to provide to proofread school work.

3 Likes

Ok, thank you! I have changed it. It is considered ok at my place of learning, so I figured it’d be the same here. Oops!

When I taught we told the kids to have a peer or a parent review their work before they turn it in too. However, Fiverr does not agree, and many people here are professionals, so that would give a student an unfair advantage over a peer or a parent.