Has anyone seen a drop in sales after setting up gig packages?

I set up gig packages on my best selling gig the other day. I have not gotten a sale in a few days so I took away the packages. Has anyone else had this experience? Should I give it more time?

Depends–if you can take the hit in revenue loss as you “wait and see”, then do it. If not, then you might want to revert back to your old offering. Of course, this might not bring back the sales. It’s a tough call to make…I’ve stayed away because “new features” on Fiverr tend to be a bit broken for a while. See custom order glitch, search glitch and delivery not working glitch this week. That’s a LOT of glitches for a platform that shuffles thousands of gigs worth of business a day. Unacceptable, really…

Guess we’re due a sexy update that everyone will hate!

Oh man hope I didn’t just destroy my gig by activating this new feature. No turning back now though because I can’t seem to be able to completely remove the packages

I have actually seen in increase in sales. I set up my package in line with what my customers have purchased in the past with gig add-ons. So for them it makes the purchase process much easier. I don’t know if this works for all gig sellers but that is the approach I have found works well. Listen to your customers and make the buying easy. They can always buy your individual gigs if they don’t want the entire package. Hope that helps.

Yeah that’s what I am trying to do too. I’m hoping it’s just a coincidence that there is a low point in sales, and that they will pick back up again next week. Happy selling!

It really takes some very careful descriptions in your packages. flyingmongoose has a little room for improvement in how his packages are set up in my opinion, while david_cook has his packages set up so anyone can see at a quick glance what is being offered in each. I think this is crucial, and not easy.

I think it’s too easy for a potential buyer to just look at the packages, become confused, and leave the gig page. Those packages are so crucial to making a sale, and they need to be clear and inviting. When I see those packages on a page I don’t even think about reading the gig description below it. Either I am impressed enough to choose a package and buy, or confused or otherwise let down so that I leave.

I have. But I also was on a two week vacation right before the new year. So I am not sure what it is. I have had a significant drop and I don’t see myself in search very often anymore.

I have gotten a bit less in sales, but fortunately for me they are more targeted ones and save me some time from doing up-selling. I am actually going to be making a new gig based solely around the use of packages as my one gig has gotten a lot of interest for them.

I look at it as that 90% of my hassle buyers are usually the ones that spend only around an initial gig cost so I would rather deal with those that are a bit more serious on what they need done then the person that expects everything for $5.

It’s possible it would result in less sales but higher income as you say. But I feel that fiverr could achieve higher income per seller without a drop in sales if they simply allowed a few of each seller’s basic gigs to be offered for $10 or $15.
It looks like the packages were meant to simplify the offerings of sellers while giving higher basic prices.
I would like to hear more about the results of the package gigs.

Yeah, that’s what I am doing on my non-package beneficial gigs is when the packages get implemented in those categories is just raising the prices to $10 to $15, as I know users would still buy them at that price! Hopefully they eventually implement them on many more sub categories.

I have noticed that my gig lost its position in the search and has come 6 or 7 rows below after upgrading it to package format.I don’t think it has anything to do with the pricing.

Fiverr recommended me to switch to package format for higher position in the search, :slight_smile:
but I don’t know why it worked just the opposite way.

I hope this is a problem during the transition period and will get sorted out in a couple of weeks.

Cheers :slight_smile: