Has Fiverr helped you improve yourself?

metruis

Y’know, one of the things us freelance artists are told is to have a diverse portfolio, to really show off what we’re capable of, and before Fiverr, I found myself falling into a rut. I drew the same people, the same few things, and never really tried stretching myself. I knew what I was good at, and while I liked it, it was boring, and maybe we all sort of go ‘hey, I’m afraid of trying something new’.

Then I found Fiverr. I got hassled a bit in real life for taking ridiculously low priced commissions, but me, I was like ‘I’d be doing art anyway, I might as well get paid a bit for it’. And the commissions I’ve got here have all been such cool stuff, for neat projects… e-books and concept art for games and all really imagination-stretching stuff I never would have thought to paint on my own. I had to learn to paint deserts, to paint cyber roads, factories, and I’m having the time of my life knowing I’m getting paid to screw around and paint things.

My art skills have doubled, and so has my portfolio. I feel like, since I didn’t have to be the brain behind the art design, it let me have the freedom to really develop more technique, get the motion, the details, and the color and whole feel of the finished art down. It just makes me so excited.

Any other artists have this happen? I would love to see and read about how your art’s improved along the Fiverr way. I started this thread because I feel like there’s often a lot of negativity, from ourselves towards ourselves, and I’d like to take a moment to pause and think, yeah, okay, actually, we’re all pretty awesome. And I wanted to say thanks to all of you Fiverr peeps for helping me get out of an artistic slump. High five(rr)!

And oh yeah, here’s what my art looks like now, thanks to you guys. 🙂

Hi @metruis! I completely agree! We have grown our music portfolio tremendously since being on fiverr. The projects are fun and always unique!

I have become a much better player and programmer of all my instruments, as with the volume of business we get from fiverr we have to play pretty much every day and in more styles that we would have normally!

Rock on Fiverr!! m/

jive-a-five

Hi @metruis! I completely agree! We have grown our music portfolio tremendously since being on fiverr. The projects are fun and always unique!

I have become a much better player and programmer of all my instruments, as with the volume of business we get from fiverr we have to play pretty much every day and in more styles that we would have normally!

Rock on Fiverr!! m/

jive-a-five

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Fiverr really gives niche sellers an opportunity to shine. I can’t think of anywhere else I’ve ever seen a comedian grandma but yet here you are, rocking the place. I really like the whole, little people, occasionally weird services, eclectic assortment here. I’m really happy for you! 😃

Plus, you have no idea how nice it is to not have to deal with runners who don’t want to pay every other time I get a commission. D:< I think that just ended up frustrating me out of doing paid work in the end on other sites, but here, Fiverr deals with all the nitty gritty, it’s nice!

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Fiverr really gives niche sellers an opportunity to shine. I can’t think of anywhere else I’ve ever seen a comedian grandma but yet here you are, rocking the place. I really like the whole, little people, occasionally weird services, eclectic assortment here. I’m really happy for you! 😃

Plus, you have no idea how nice it is to not have to deal with runners who don’t want to pay every other time I get a commission. D:< I think that just ended up frustrating me out of doing paid work in the end on other sites, but here, Fiverr deals with all the nitty gritty, it’s nice!

Archived