Has this happened to anyone else?

austinpemble

So far I have received responses from two buyer requests to which I sent offers. Both customers confirmed that I was up for helping them on their projects and told me that we would work together. After providing me with more details, each customer said that they would get back to me in a few days. I was excited and looking forward to getting my first customers, however, none of them ended up actually working with me. Everything I messaged them following our initial interaction was completely ignored. I might be missing something here, but I think it’s weird that neither customer followed up with me, especially considering that they asked to work with me. Maybe I said something wrong, except our conversations seemed fairly standard. I am very confused and would appreciate some advice from y’all. Thanks!

• Austin

I think that they did not want to work with you when they said they would get back to you later. They refused you request gently. In general some buyers sometimes say that they have more work for the sellers when having negotiation on the project. You should think that there are many kinds of people in the world and the seller is one of them. Never disappoint at the thing and think positive. You will have more chance in the future.

It’s frustrating to say the least I’m sure!
However people can be odd. They can change their minds, change plans completely, forget things, lose phones etc.
There have been times when I have had buyers come back 6+ months later and say they are ready to order now, as if it was 6 hours later.

Keep going with the offers, you are doing something right to be getting positive responses from buyer requests and be sure that one of them will eventually become your first customer.
When that happens, and you get a good review, you wi find that converting them to buy tends to be a little easier as they can see someone else used you before them.

It’s frustrating to say the least I’m sure!

However people can be odd. They can change their minds, change plans completely, forget things, lose phones etc.

There have been times when I have had buyers come back 6+ months later and say they are ready to order now, as if it was 6 hours later.

Keep going with the offers, you are doing something right to be getting positive responses from buyer requests and be sure that one of them will eventually become your first customer.

When that happens, and you get a good review, you wi find that converting them to buy tends to be a little easier as they can see someone else used you before them.

Same here! And I’m like “sorry, who are you again?!”

Ghosting - the first and last recourse of the unprofessional & incompetent.

While it is indeed very frustrating for its offensiveness, understand that in each case you dodged a bullet as they are clearly not honorable people and would have used those poor manners on you like a hammer.

🙂

Archived