Fiverr Forum

Have you been targetted by ORDERS that lead naturally to CANCELING?

I am sure that many sellers out their are being targeted by orders that lead naturally to cancelling.

The scenario is simple:

You would be surprised that you get an order and

*the buyer asks you for something that you have not specified

*the buyer violates your gig terms (as an example: you mention that an intro video has to consist of 3words and simply the buyer send you 5words)

*the buyer asks the Moon to be on Earth (the impossible to happen)

I have been targeted recently by more than 3gigs in a day from various buyers who has empty profiles as buyers.

All of which have a scenario among those I mentioned above.

The worst thing is this:

As soon as the cancellation happens YOU will receive percentage % of cancelling near your gig so future buyers will NOTICE.

Simply with one cancellation/gig I RECEIVED 40% cancellation RATIO.

If it happens for four more times then I would get about 100% cancellation.

Funny :slight_smile:

I HOPE SELLERS WOULD RAISE THIS ISSUE AS NOT TO BECOME A TREND HERE ON FIVERR --> IT IS A TACTIC USED BY SCAMMERS FOR RAISING/LOWERING SELLER LEVELS AND RATIOS.

Hey,

It happened to me too. I wanted to open a new topic about this but then saw yours and thought I wasn’t the only one.

I’ve been recently getting orders to write press releases and articles about websites with 0 content. What could I possibly say about a website that doesn’t have anything in it to cover my 300-word minimum??? :frowning:

And then goes the cancellation… Buyers should really be more down to Earth (not the Moon).

And yes, the buyers would never respond to my request to send more info in order for me to be able to write something…

You know what I have noticed too… Buyers with no pics of profiles giving bad rep to very good sellers saying the same thing… ( I don’t know if it’s a standard answer because I have never had to cancel for tardiness) It goes like: Seller failed to deliver on time!

Different user names, no pictures, no world domination, just an empty profile page mostly.

I was thinking of not even taking the order from people that don’t have a trusted profile

Reply to @alexandrabello: Question: How can you “not take the order”? Can you clarify? Thx.

madmoo said: Won't help you, but you'll get a little satisfaction knowing the scammers had to wait a bit longer for their refund.

Passive aggressiveness at it's finest, I love it! =))

I believe it has happened to me. I know what you mean about empty buyer profiles. In fact, the guy who just ordered a gig from me says what I sent him is “plain” even though it delivers on what the gig promised.

It has happened to me so much that, inside of a month, I am already thinking about quitting this. I’m not getting enough orders to counter these bum gigs.