Have you ever given a client a 1 Star rating?

dutchbydesign

I have not yet given any clients a 1 star (as yet.) I have come close. Especially to a lady who recently said a full two days work (done over a week) was only worth half of what was charged. I did the refund through Fiverr as it was milestones and she did not complain till the last delivery. Mind you, she loved the work.!! But expected unrealistic work to be done on the final delivery. Flabbergasted. So I was very close, to giving this client 1 star… but something held me back.

How about you? What are your stories and why the 1 star to a client?

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

I have not given a client a 1-star rating, but I regret not having done so a few times.

I am done holding back on ratings, though. If I know I am going to be blocking the buyer right after the order anyway, I might as well give my honest opinion. It will only help other sellers.

Your client sounds horrible, btw. I hope you blocked her!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

I’ve given one buyer a one star rating - they were difficult, entitled and threatened to leave a bad review (which they did, but not as bad as mine to them).

Give honest - but professionally worded! - reviews. Sellers should be warned about scummy buyers.

Mostly, if it hasn’t been a great experience and I’m expecting a less than enthusiastic buyer review, I’ll leave 5* but with the comment “Thank you for your order”.

• Like 20
  • Up 1

I never give a 1-star review, however I had to do so today

Had to give one today after dealing with a person that asked for a much faster delivery and a lot of extra work via revisions. I assumed they would do the same, and yes, they lied about me taking a month, saying they tipped me and so on. So yes, there are some buyers that lie or try to cheat the system to get more work. In that case, you need to give such a review.

• Like 21
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Had to give one today after dealing with a person that asked for a much faster delivery and a lot of extra work via revisions. I assumed they would do the same, and yes, they lied about me taking a month, saying they tipped me and so on. So yes, there are some buyers that lie or try to cheat the system to get more work. In that case, you need to give such a review.

I am so sorry that happened to you. That buyer sounds horrible.

I saw that he had a few 4-star ratings on his profile, which is usually seller-code for “this buyer was horrible, but I am too scared to give him 1 star,” so I decided to look into his previous reviews. It looks like it is not the first time he has lied about what he received.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/21/2020 at 5:07 PM, dutchbydesign said:

I have not yet given any clients a 1 star (as yet.) I have come close. Especially to a lady who recently said a full two days work (done over a week) was only worth half of what was charged. I did the refund through Fiverr as it was milestones and she did not complain till the last delivery. Mind you, she loved the work.!! But expected unrealistic work to be done on the final delivery. Flabbergasted. So I was very close, to giving this client 1 star… but something held me back.

How about you? What are your stories and why the 1 star to a client

Yes, I have. There is nothing wrong in giving buyers 1-star negative review (should be honest though). It will free Fiverr from scammers and serve as a warning for other sellers

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I did. Because I felt I should be honest with my rating and feedback. Even I have so much bad experience with the customer why should I have to provide 5 stars? Is it normal? 

I provided 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 all kind of stars to my customers depending on their behavior, activities as a buyer. 

• Like 15
  • Up 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone, 

Recently, I worked with a buyer. So, the buyer had me complete the work and he asked me to make changes 2 times and I did it free of cost also. After 2 days of closing the order, he now complaints that he doesn't like the work and wants to have refund. And even left a bad review. And Fiverr is not ready to take down the review. 

I did leave a bad review to the buyer. Can anyone tell me if this 1 bad review will affect my gig reach or in any way negatively? 

Would be obliged with any guidance. 

Thank you everyone. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, shubhamworks7 said:

Hi Everyone, 

Recently, I worked with a buyer. So, the buyer had me complete the work and he asked me to make changes 2 times and I did it free of cost also. After 2 days of closing the order, he now complaints that he doesn't like the work and wants to have refund. And even left a bad review. And Fiverr is not ready to take down the review. 

I did leave a bad review to the buyer. Can anyone tell me if this 1 bad review will affect my gig reach or in any way negatively? 

Would be obliged with any guidance. 

Thank you everyone. 

Do not worry and just respond to the review in a professional manner. One negative review will affect your gig rankings for sometime (one week or more).

• Like 16
  • Up 1

• 5 months later...
58 minutes ago, benz_pro said:

No, a buyer threatened to give me 1 star, But i later gave him 5star hoping he would give me same but gave me 1star

So honest ratings would be better than trying to buy a good rating with false praise for a lousy buyer? 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2022 at 4:30 AM, newsmike said:

So honest ratings would be better than trying to buy a good rating with false praise for a lousy buyer? 

If we sellers started to give honest ratings then more than 99% of buyers will get less than 5 stars.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, waseemmalik0 said:

If we sellers started to give honest ratings then more than 99% of buyers will get less than 5 stars.

So, your recommendation is to give dishonest buyers great reviews in order to manipulate your own metrics, even if it causes others to waste money by buying from a bad buyer all because you are afraid?  As my good friend @zeus777 says,  DANG!     

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

I hate to admit it, but I'm a coward on this front. Typically though my buyers have been pretty darn good, maybe a 4* here or there but nothing drastic.

My concern is always that after they see a less than 5* review they will either email CS to revise their review down, or burn me with the private review if they didn't submit it when first asked and are reminded to do so later.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, newsmike said:

So, your recommendation is to give dishonest buyers great reviews in order to manipulate your own metrics, even if it causes others to waste money by buying from a bad buyer all because you are afraid?  As my good friend @zeus777 says,  DANG!     

I only leave less than 5 stars reviews to scammers or insulting buyers. Otherwise, I forgive buyers who cause small troubles considering no one is perfect.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

On 5/12/2022 at 7:59 PM, newsmike said:

Completely drank

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

I just finished dealing with a client now and I regret the fact that I didn't give her a 1 Star rating and ended up giving her a good star. I worked for this buyer and she liked the Work and she keeps on demanding for me to send her the work without watermark as well forward it to her email. And I was trying to get her to understand how the site works but OMG she never seem to listen and all she did was shout and say things

• Like 8
  • Up 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...