Fiverr Community Forum

Have you lowered your rates due to COVID-19?

Have you changed your rate to get more business during this crisis?

• Yes, I had to lower my prices
  • Nope. I haven’t changed my prices
  • I increased my prices and that hasn’t affected my income

0 voters

5 Likes

I increased my prices a few weeks before the COVID-19 pandemic started. It didn’t hurt me but instead increased my revenue by more than 100% per month.

Sure, I had a horrendous March like I am sure a lot of other sellers had, but my regular buyers all came back by the end of April/start of May. In fact, June was, by far, my best month ever on Fiverr as I doubled my previous monthly all-time high.

6 Likes

Wow. That’s awesome. I also got a couple of orders from return clients though my income dropped by almost 50% but things seem to be getting better now.

1 Like

I raise my prices every July. Even COVID couldn’t stop that from happening. This month was my highest earning month all year.

5 Likes

I didn’t change my prices as they are already low. I am planning to increase them once I get some reviews and level one badge

3 Likes

Interesting.

I see you have completed a course from “Learn from Fiver.” Do you think that has helped you get more sales? Or was it just for self-improvement?

Business did fluctuate a bit but not so much more than within a similar time period pre COVID, and I was “busy enough”, also, my prices are very fair, figuring in Fiverr’s cut and all (and buyers who know what they are doing, or Google a bit to see what realistic prices and delivery times for quality work might be, should get to the same conclusion) so, no, I haven’t.

I also have many return and regular customers, and while some were affected due to the nature of their business, others weren’t, or even had more to do, that probably evened it out a bit.

My plan in case I’d have had more free time than I’d have liked for more than a month was actually not to lower my prices but to set up some new gigs and do more “offline” and with my own site.

I guess lowering one’s prices might work in a pinch but if they are already fair or even a bit (or much) lower than they should be, it can be problematic to rise them again when it becomes unsustainable.

In addition to that, I have to pay exactly the same for everything myself, partly even more (groceries have become more expensive), so lowering my own prices while my COL stays the same or is even higher, seems a bad idea, unless I’d not get enough orders as it is.

I’ll be flexible if I have to, but for now, I’m happier with cutting down on my non-essential expenses, doing an order ot two less per week, and having more time for other things than work.

5 Likes

I can’t say for sure that it helped, but I can say with absolute certainty that it didn’t hurt.

1 Like

Not initially, but with time we have been facing the impact of Covid-19. From what we have observed, most people have been reluctant to start a new project in these times as most of our ongoing work is with our previous clients.

2 Likes

This is my experience too. My return clients kept me going with a couple of orders but I eventually had to lower my rates. And almost immediately, I got one new order and lots of inquiries which I am hoping will convert in the coming days.

1 Like

My small success on fiverr actually began in the heart of the pandemic. When I used to have 1-2 orders a day. In a way, the pandemic has affected me in a good way. I also have increased my prices and it didn’t really affect me.

2 Likes

That’s awesome! I guess It makes sense for some sellers to get even more orders during this season because most people/businesses are looking for online solutions now. And lots of people are probably setting up their home-based businesses too.

1 Like

I also waited to raise my prices. I’m fairly new to fiverr so I’m not a level 1 seller yet, but once I got a fair amount of reviews I decided it would be more worth my time to have slightly higher prices. Best of luck to you!

4 Likes

I still put the same price.
My sales got dropped on June and July, but I think that is yearly regular happened to me.

Maybe it because some rotation system on Fiverr.
Usually my sales going back to increase at the middle of August, I hope it will getting back soon

1 Like

That’s an interesting observation. Will try to observe my stats to see if there is a similar pattern.

I took $5 off my $55 Basic package to see if it does anything if I place it into the $5-$50 price bracket. It didn’t so I raised it back up in a few weeks.

3 Likes

I heard some says that learn from Fiverr has given them more visibility on their gigs.

1 Like

Well if you take what you learned and put it into effect, then maybe. I doubt the badge itself does anything as far as gig position.

My rates have stayed exactly the same for a few years now, and I didn’t think about lowering the price at all, even after Covid hit.
Fortunately for me, June and July was quite busy, hopefully August will be the same.
Even if I get fewer sales, I don’t see myself lowering the price at this point to be honest :thinking: For me ( and of course a lot of sellers here) the orders comes in cycles anyway, and I personally get the feeling that Covid had no impact on me, Fiverr-wise.

4 Likes