Have your sales been dropping in the past couple of weeks?

magellon

If YES, then you might want to read this. If NO, then you should read this as well…

Since a couple of weeks, and perhaps more, I have noticed a serious drop in my orders and thought that it was one of those low periods we all experience as sellers. I have learned with time that when Fiverr is tweaking and improving something, I have a low period with less sales, then it comes back to normal and what I do in the meantime is to promote my Gigs extensively. But this time, the drop lasted a bit too long to my liking, till ending to a complete standstill.

Worried about the situation, I contacted Support and among other things I was seeking help for I was told (vaguely) something that got me thinking and put together with comments I can read on the forum, it does make sense that Fiverr is now really trying to have us to improve our Gigs and take them to a higher quality standard… or burst. They seem to be physically reviewing every Gig and classifying them (that’s my feeling).

So, if you are experiencing a similar drop in your Impressions, Clicks, Views and Orders, then, you might find it useful to read what I have done to get my Gigs back (almost) on track. If you don´t seem to be affected (for now), your turn will come for sure.

Here are the few things I have done so far, and I hope that some of you will add something to it for all of us to benefit:

1 - Whenever the new Package system is made available to any of your existing Gigs, re-organised your Gig accordingly and as soon as possible.

2 - I reviewed my Gigs titles, description and tags and didn’t hesitate to make changes.

3 - For some Gigs, I changed the image to a better one, and added a video.

4 - Once done, I promoted my Gigs massively on social media (according to Fiverr, promoted gigs are 3 times more likely to sell!) to attract clicks.

5 - I am visiting the Buyer Requests daily to try to respond to as many requests as possible.

6 - You might have noticed too, that I am appearing on the forum and try to answer some of the questions with useful responses (and not just ¨great comment¨ or ¨thanks for sharing¨, etc…

7 - Then I check my Gigs activity every day to see if there is an improvement. Where there is nothing, I review again and make changes.

I have the feeling that Fiverr is very keen on us promoting our Gigs on the various social platforms and that we don’t completely depend on them to get us buyers. When doing so, make sure to include at least the #Fiverr as well as a few highly ranked hashtags.

I hope this will help a few of us and all additional tips are most welcome.

John 🙂

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They charge us 20% which is approximately more than twice of what other freelance website’s charge. If we have to waste time on promoting then there’s no point in working on fiverr. Since, we are talking about packages, I have experienced a sudden fall. I foolishly activated the packages. This made my sales drop.

I did my research. I found out that these guys at fiverr have a filtering system on their home page where a user can select whether he wants to see sellers who sell at a lower price or not.

Being a developer on fiverr, these new buyers will only buy gigs from top rated sellers.

I don’t know what to do know. I joined another freelance network because these changes in their algorithm decreases my sales once in every 3 months.

Now, I am left with only a few bucks now 😃

In six months I got 80,000 views and 7,000 clicks. In my work that would cost over $20,000 in Google Ads. I have no issue with Fiverr Fees although they should come down a bit when you reach a certain amount of sales each month.

Other people have said that their sales INCREASED after activating packages.
Your best selling gig does not have packages, where is the big drop in sales?

Your next “issues” contradict each other. You blame the filtering system that shows low prices and say that buyers will only order from TRS’s. It is unlikely that the TRS’s in your line of work will be the cheapest so which is it?

Maybe you should try making a few changes in your gig description, keywords, think about activating packages etc.

On the other hand, you could just forget about it, create your own site and a Google ads campaign with a $20,000 budget and see if it works better.

Thanks for your input guys. This drop in sales is not uncommon so I also believe it will come right as it has always did. Well, while we are not busy delivering orders, we may as well review our Gigs and improve them, thing that we neglect when we are too busy doing other things 🙂

I can also add another thing that I have done:

8 - I am creating new Gigs and replacing old ones. Fiverr loves lots of Gigs and new looks.

I agree with you eoinfinnegan. When I first activated the Package system on a couple of my Gigs, orders started pouring in, it is much after that that a drop in sales started to show, so I am not blaming the Package system at all as in fact it helps the prospect to make an easy choice and enables us to sell at higher rates.

Yes, $2-4 dollars for the longer tail words. Double that for the basic ones. Translation, proofreading and writing are my things. Certified translation agencies can charge around $50-80/1000 words for translating German, other languages a bit less than that so it is ridiculously competitive. Even Bing ads are close to that kind of price.

Getting crazy expensive then. I use google ads from time to time for my restoration business but as i advertise using Finnish words i got away with 4-9 cents per click .

I miss the old freelancing days when you just put 10 dollar add in a news paper whenever a gig was completed for a company, then the phone rang and you were all set for another 6 months.

I activated the packages 2 months back. ONLY GOT 5 SALES. BEFORE THAN I HAD 6 SALES A MONTH. After deactivating the sales packages, I have got 3 new messages yesterday.

Now the top rated sellers, no matter what they have in their gig description, they still make sales. I keep checking their queues and I have never seen a drop in sales. One gig has poor description.

I have tried 5 different gig description, contacted support and did my own research but everything is useless.

on the other hand, I got 9 sales in total on a different freelance website. It starts with a p.

I have a video, live portfolio and good amount of reviews. I think these drops are not happening for the first time. This time, it is taking a long time to get back to the normal pace.

Now, creating my own site and use Google has been fun lately. Didn’t spend a penny. I just had a few tutorials up and some people showed interest.
But I will take your advice in consideration and activate the gig packages again. Let us see where it goes. I have got nothing to lose.

Archived