Having only 5 Stars seems gimmicky

Anyone who is new to fiverr see this with every seller like having hundred or thousands 5 Stars and not a single bad review seems gimmicky.
I recently watched a video on YouTube about fiverr.
The YouTuber was a talented female artist and she was buying from fiverr first time just to show us how it works and how her experience is.
In this video she also asked that why every seller has so many 5 Stars but not a single 1 Star, or 2 Stars.

I am using fiverr for more than 2 Years so i know how fiverr works but not other people. I think it should be change so the new users won’t get mistaken for this.

In our Analytics page we can see our full review. I think this should be in front of every seller so people can see not only 5 Stars but overall rating.

analytics.thumb.JPG.0826b3a5a6c16cad084f2886e5f96f58.JPG

What you guys think?

We’ve had enough “experiments” with things that distract potential buyers from the purpose of why they clicked on our gigs, which is to decide they want to buy it because it is something they want. Please don’t suggest more tangents for them to follow that lead them away from the purpose.

Keep them focused on what you are selling. And why they need it.

They can already see our star rating.

Usually if they do so much as ask a question or two that gives them enough time to lose interest. People have no attention spans now.

5-10 negative reviews with 500 positive reviews don’t say that the seller is bad. If the negative reviews are bit high, then that will be reflected here on seller’s profile page where every buyer can see.

image.png.4a1c1e9db5200ced258d08608a123013.png

In fact, I think fiverr will never develop mentioned kind of a preview to the buyer. If a buyer see 10 bad reviews with 500 positive reviews, Even that is 98% success rate, buyer may afraid to get service from that seller where actually he/she is a great seller.

People see bad on something than its’ good. 😉

We’ve had enough “experiments” with things that distract potential buyers from the purpose of why they clicked on our gigs, which is to decide they want to buy it because it is something they want. Please don’t suggest more tangents for them to follow that lead them away from the purpose.

Keep them focused on what you are selling. And why they need it.

They can already see our star rating.

Usually if they do so much as ask a question or two that gives them enough time to lose interest. People have no attention spans now.

Please don’t suggest more tangents for them to follow that lead them away from the purpose.

Sorry for my suggestion and i don’t think fiverr or any other site just stuck with what they have. Every site do experiments and test with these updates to improve the service.

I am not saying that my idea is the best but if i imagine fiverr from 10 or 20 years from now then Yes, I think these will be changed.

If the negative reviews are bit high, then that will be reflected here on seller’s profile page

If the negative reviews are high or bit high then it means seller is not that good :thinking:

There is nothing Fiverr can or will do to change that.

Fiverr do a lot of changes so i won’t bet on that.

Please don’t suggest more tangents for them to follow that lead them away from the purpose.

Sorry for my suggestion and i don’t think fiverr or any other site just stuck with what they have. Every site do experiments and test with these updates to improve the service.

I am not saying that my idea is the best but if i imagine fiverr from 10 or 20 years from now then Yes, I think these will be changed.

If the negative reviews are bit high, then that will be reflected here on seller’s profile page

If the negative reviews are high or bit high then it means seller is not that good :thinking:

Most probably yes, A seller get a negative review means that reviewer is not a satisfied buyer of that seller. So most people left negatives mean that most people hate the service provided. means the seller should be relatively bad. That kind of a seller can identified by this :

image.png.1e51fd474efc740f5277f1dd2d45f9bc.png

Which buyers already see. So a potential buyers can take the decision which they gonna buy the service or not.

You can filter the reviews by most recent / positive / negative reviews.

I have a 1* review and it shows under “negative” just fine. I also have a 3.4* review which counts as positive (I’d disagree but it’s not my call to make). And then there are all the 4.3* and 4.7* that happen every once and a while to mix things up.

No, I don’t want a potential buyer being able to access my detailed stats. While I’ve seen a few people complaining that “everyone is 5* on fiverr” I don’t think it’s a massive issue that scares people off from purchasing the services.

I’m convinced that “everyone is 5* on fiverr” is one of the main reasons we can’t remove the negative reviews anymore. And while I’ll fully own up to my 3.4*, the miscommunication disaster that it was, my 1* is fully the buyer’s fault yet I’m stuck with parading it around because of fiverr’s plan to diversify my “suspicious” review history.

So no, I don’t want the potential buyers accessing my private stats. I have the access to 1-2 seller reviews they have and need to make my opinion on how trustworthy they are based on that. The buyers will mostly have 5* reviews even if the experience was negative for obvious reasons.

If the buyer is concerned by the first 10 (or whatever the number is) 5* reviews, they can scroll down or find a 4.7* - 4.8* seller. I would rather avoid working with people who find me suspicious either way.

You can filter the reviews by most recent / positive / negative reviews.

I have a 1* review and it shows under “negative” just fine. I also have a 3.4* review which counts as positive (I’d disagree but it’s not my call to make). And then there are all the 4.3* and 4.7* that happen every once and a while to mix things up.

No, I don’t want a potential buyer being able to access my detailed stats. While I’ve seen a few people complaining that “everyone is 5* on fiverr” I don’t think it’s a massive issue that scares people off from purchasing the services.

I’m convinced that “everyone is 5* on fiverr” is one of the main reasons we can’t remove the negative reviews anymore. And while I’ll fully own up to my 3.4*, the miscommunication disaster that it was, my 1* is fully the buyer’s fault yet I’m stuck with parading it around because of fiverr’s plan to diversify my “suspicious” review history.

So no, I don’t want the potential buyers accessing my private stats. I have the access to 1-2 seller reviews they have and need to make my opinion on how trustworthy they are based on that. The buyers will mostly have 5* reviews even if the experience was negative for obvious reasons.

If the buyer is concerned by the first 10 (or whatever the number is) 5* reviews, they can scroll down or find a 4.7* - 4.8* seller. I would rather avoid working with people who find me suspicious either way.

I would rather avoid working with people who find me suspicious either way.

So would I. I love it when someone messages me expressing suspicion of me-- why do that? Or telling me they have been scammed a lot. What is the point of telling me that?

Little rays of sunshine 🌞

I would rather avoid working with people who find me suspicious either way.

So would I. I love it when someone messages me expressing suspicion of me-- why do that? Or telling me they have been scammed a lot. What is the point of telling me that?

Little rays of sunshine 🌞

A power game? The good old “I’m better than you”? I usually tell them I’m not looking to sell them something they don’t want to buy and hope they won’t return.

But, once I had someone writing me a few paragraphs of text about how all of “us” were untrustworthy and how little faith he had in fiverr in general and me in particular AFTER ordering from me. That was truly puzzling.

You’ve misunderstood me.

I am not talking about changes as in feature or term changes. I am saying Fiverr can’t change the importance of context when you assess credibility.

A power game? The good old “I’m better than you”? I usually tell them I’m not looking to sell them something they don’t want to buy and hope they won’t return.

But, once I had someone writing me a few paragraphs of text about how all of “us” were untrustworthy and how little faith he had in fiverr in general and me in particular AFTER ordering from me. That was truly puzzling.

I had someone writing me a few paragraphs of text about how all of “us” were untrustworthy and how little faith he had in fiverr in general and me in particular AFTER ordering from me

I recently had someone do that to me too. She had placed a large order and then proceeded to tell me her tail of victimhood at the hands of scammers who do what I do.

I usually tell them I’m not looking to sell them something they don’t want to buy and hope they won’t return.

They seem like they want me to try to convince them. They really press the point they were scammed while at the same time trying to get me to try to convince them to buy. I tell them to find someone else.

Archived