Head is spinning from Social Media

psychicrainbow

Hello all,

I was wondering when you are building your Social Networks do you focus on one first to build it?

I have a couple : twitter, facebook, pinterest and of course the fiverr forum. (if that last one may be seen as one 🙂 )

I find my head spinning a bit. I was thinking maybe i should focus on building one first.

What are your thoughts on this?

I focused on Twitter, just now started pinterest and Facebook.

Reason I focused on Twitter is that it can be easier to utilize the hashtags to promote your gig or find stuff. Easier to promote to a larger audience. I’m learning the ins and outs of Pinterest though.

No problem. Its just what I focused on first. Just make sure your twitter profile is public and use those trending topics to get your gigs to a larger audience. You’ll find yourself being followed by some people that you may later recognize as buyers 🙂

Reply to @psychicrainbow: I join different social sites & add my link to my page on those. I do include other info about myself as well. I don’t want people thinking I’m only using it to promote myself. I probably won’t visit those places as often, for general interacting, as I do with FB. They’ll mostly be for, hopefully, getting clients.

Reply to @abelg99: Nice advice esp with the trending topic. Are you saying you just tweet something with that hashtag?

Reply to @psychicrainbow: I find my head spinning with all this social network also, it’s just too much to keep up with. I actually messaged a few gigs about trying to get it all organized and set up. I’m mentally worn out with how many there are.

Hi,

Hope everyone is well! I use Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ as my main four social networks. I don’t really have a blog for the site, but have a sister site/blog that I also maintain with just Facebook and Twitter profiles.

I have my Facebook automatically posting to Twitter. So when I post a review, I post it to Facebook, I include #Hashtags and @Mentions because I know if goes directly there (Facebook are also introducing #Hashtagging - I’ve heard). I then manually upload to Pinterest and just paste the URL as I did in Facebook onto Google+.

Sounds like a lot, but doesn’t take me a really long time to do it. Getting the review online in the first instance does take longer. I feel Twitter gives more of a response when #ing and @ing than Facebook and find myself using Twitter more these days to promote my Gig.

When setting up multiple accounts, try to make sure you’re using the same colours, logo, theme for your business, the correct terms escapes me right now.

With Facebook being linked, I have to bare in mind what I’m posting there as it goes directly to my Twitter account.

So, to answer your question: I focus on branding and keeping your branding, imagery, and logo first and then I focus on how they’re all going to be connected and how I’m going to utalise each and every one of their features.

When I post to Facebook, I link to the artists Facebook page as well as including their @Twitter name so it all falls into place and fans can get where they need to go.

Hope I haven’t said too much, aaah 🙂

Good luck and Best Wishes,

Regards,

Jeff

Twitter hasn’t been very Fiverr-friendly lately. It is such a bummer because I can’t promote other sellers when they order my gigs. Instagram has been a huge driving force for my job in real life compared to other forms of social media right now.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m busy so I’m just scanning the forum but in case it hasn’t been mentioned, if you link your Facebook to Twitter (which I also recommend) be sure that your Facebook is public. That way anyone on Twitter can still see all the information if they click, and the link is already shortened so Twitter won’t have the opportunity to ‘blacklist’ any Fiverr links.

I’m busy so I’m just scanning the forum but in case it hasn’t been mentioned, if you link your Facebook to Twitter (which I also recommend) be sure that your Facebook is public. That way anyone on Twitter can still see all the information if they click, and the link is already shortened so Twitter won’t have the opportunity to ‘blacklist’ any Fiverr links.

Archived