Hello Fiverr Friends! Need Advice Please

writinghome

Hello friends,

I’ve recently signed up on Fiverr and must say that this seems to be a great place for sellers. The forum is helpful and I’ve been able to pick up some useful tips for my content writing gigs.

I need your support in answering these two questions:

(1) I’ve yet to see any buyers contacting me for my gigs. In the ‘buyer request’ section also, there are only a few requests and most are irrelevant. Is this normal in the ‘writing and translation’ category?

(2) Many people have suggested that one should promote gigs on social media. Suppose, through social media promotion, someone wants to hire me for writing services, will he take the pains to sign up on Fiverr, just to order my Gigs? Does promotion really work this way?

I appreciate any helpful advice or tips.

Thanks

Hello friends,

I’ve recently signed up on Fiverr and must say that this seems to be a great place for sellers. The forum is helpful and I’ve been able to pick up some useful tips for my content writing gigs.

(1) I’ve yet to see any buyers contacting me for my gigs. In the ‘buyer request’ section also, there are only a few requests and most are irrelevant. Is this normal in the ‘writing and translation’ category?

(2) Many people have suggested that one should promote gigs on social media. Suppose, through social media promotion, someone wants to hire me for writing services, will he take the pains to sign up on Fiverr, just to order my Gigs? Does promotion really work this way?

Thanks

(1) I’ve yet to see any buyers contacting me for my gigs. In the ‘ buyer request ’ section also, there are only a few requests and most are irrelevant. Is this normal in the ‘ writing and translation ’ category?

You can check this article about this issue.

There have been quite a lot of posts recently about low numbers of Buyer Requests. This is a different topic entirely from spam in BR and you can read about that elsewhere, so this is not about that issue. This is not an official statement but I can give out some general information based on what has been observed about Buyer Requests. If this does not resolve your issues, you may try self-promotion instead or contact Support. For other FAQ’s about Buyer Requests including Support comments s…

(2) Many people have suggested that one should promote gigs on social media

I think It’s not important.

Hello friends,

Thanks

(1) I’ve yet to see any buyers contacting me for my gigs. In the ‘ buyer request ’ section also, there are only a few requests and most are irrelevant. Is this normal in the ‘ writing and translation ’ category?

Buyer requests can sometimes be few but it’s simply because no one in your category has posted one, you just have to wait patiently for them to arrive. I would recommend that you create more Gigs so that you have more application options and more opportunities to bid successfully.

If he really wants to buy your services he will.

You can check this article about this issue.

There have been quite a lot of posts recently about low numbers of Buyer Requests. This is a different topic entirely from spam in BR and you can read about that elsewhere, so this is not about that issue. This is not an official statement but I can give out some general information based on what has been observed about Buyer Requests. If this does not resolve your issues, you may try self-promotion instead or contact Support. For other FAQ’s about Buyer Requests including Support comments s…

(2) Many people have suggested that one should promote gigs on social media

I think It’s not important.

Hey @mmh4560, the link you provided for buyer requests was quite useful. Thanks!

Buyer requests can sometimes be few but it’s simply because no one in your category has posted one, you just have to wait patiently for them to arrive. I would recommend that you create more Gigs so that you have more application options and more opportunities to bid successfully.

If he really wants to buy your services he will.

Thanks @samuelaaron0110 for this useful tip about buyer requests. I’ll try creating more gigs in different categories that I know I can work on.

Archived