Hello, Friends. How are you?

lovelyauthor

As you can tell from my posting here in this forum, I am a new user to the site. I’m not a buyer, but a seller of my talents. The majority of my talents lie in writing even if I do enjoy other creatives avenues. (Side note: Knitting is hard. Crochet is so much easier. Who agrees?) I definitely prefer fiction to nonfiction due to being able to take the vision in my mind and put it to paper rather than borrow from something that has already happened. Not that I have any problem with nonfiction though. Some of the most interesting novels I’ve read have been creative nonfiction.

From what I’ve read thus far on this forum, the general community seems to be welcoming. That is reassuring for new members and makes this process less daunting. I look forward to speaking with you all more and sharing my talents with those that may be in need of them. Oh, and I’m from the southern United States.

As you can tell from my posting here in this forum, I am a new user to the site. I’m not a buyer, but a seller of my talents. The majority of my talents lie in writing even if I do enjoy other creatives avenues. (Side note: Knitting is hard. Crochet is so much easier. Who agrees?) I definitely prefer fiction to nonfiction due to being able to take the vision in my mind and put it to paper rather than borrow from something that has already happened. Not that I have any problem with nonfiction though. Some of the most interesting novels I’ve read have been creative nonfiction.

From what I’ve read thus far on this forum, the general community seems to be welcoming. That is reassuring for new members and makes this process less daunting. I look forward to speaking with you all more and sharing my talents with those that may be in need of them. Oh, and I’m from the southern United States.

Welcome to the Forum @lovelyauthor

image.thumb.png.1ea3668321b5d2591fcc472fabb19980.png

I am Vickie, a retired proofreader from Montana in the Rocky Mountains of the US.

Knitting is hard. Crochet is so much easier. Who agrees?

I am a crocheter. I have repeatedly tried to learn to knit with no success. I also taught many of my students to crochet. They loved it.

Hi @lovelyauthor,

Although we have already met, it’s time for formal greeting. 😊 So…

Welcome to Fiverr and the forum!!! 🙃

I’m Maitasun, from Venezuela, and I provide English to Spanish translation, and Spanish proofreading as well. 🙂

Oh, highly useful talent there. How do you deal with the different dialects? I ask because I was taught Spanish by a teacher whom was born in the US but had a mother from Honduras. It was definitely not the same as the Spanish spoken by those of Mexican descent. I mean, the general gist is there (like with English), but there are different tones and inflections.

Welcome to the Forum @lovelyauthor

I am Vickie, a retired proofreader from Montana in the Rocky Mountains of the US.

Knitting is hard. Crochet is so much easier. Who agrees?

I am a crocheter. I have repeatedly tried to learn to knit with no success. I also taught many of my students to crochet. They loved it.

Crochet is such a fun activity too. I think with knitting, I struggle with using two needles, because I’m just so used to the one crochet hook.

Congratulations on being retired. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Oh, highly useful talent there. How do you deal with the different dialects? I ask because I was taught Spanish by a teacher whom was born in the US but had a mother from Honduras. It was definitely not the same as the Spanish spoken by those of Mexican descent. I mean, the general gist is there (like with English), but there are different tones and inflections.

Oh, highly useful talent there.

Thank you, @lovelyauthor.

Yes, it’s nice being able to make it possible for people to communicate and understand between them. 🙂

How do you deal with the different dialects? I ask because I was taught Spanish by a teacher whom was born in the US but had a mother from Honduras. It was definitely not the same as the Spanish spoken by those of Mexican descent. I mean, the general gist is there (like with English), but there are different tones and inflections.

Spanish, as a language, is the same for the entire Hispanic world. Writing, reading, grammar, spelling, orthography… Everything is the same for everybody. It doesn’t matter where you are from, where you learned Spanish, or by whom you were taught. We are all constricted and subjected to rules set by RAE (Spanish Royal Academy) - and they all are mandatory.

Spanish doesn’t have dialects. It circumscribes to regional words, and expressions, specific to each country, and within the countries. If those were needed, then I would go and research for the given country.

Archived