Fiverr Forum

Hello, I need help because i dont think i have any skills

Hy everyone
I have created my profile over an year ago with virtual assistant and writing and proofreading gigs.I never got any job and on top of that i dont think i am a good writer i can be a good assistant but the market is very tough.I am learning programming now and moving to be a wordpress developer.
Could you suggest me some easy skills that i can market while i learn to program?

dropshipping on fiverr :thinking::money_with_wings:

If you don’t have any skills as you indicated in your title, why are you selling on 5r?

I’m going to be blunt, why should I give you my hard earn money to write for me when you are not proficient in it?

You can try HTML. Best wishes

I feel learn to do something first with a difference would make you beat the market in a better way.

If you wish to take up programming and/or WordPress in specific you might want to look at some courses from Udemy :slight_smile:

Also, CodeAcademy for the basics (HTML/CSS/PHP etc…).

Nice to know you choose to be a wp dev.
You can learn basic wp before you start to learn about creating Templets.
You can try to learn woo commerce product uploading, this is easy to learn & very related to wp :wink:
And also learn about wp site migration. It’s a little hard thing but I believe it will not take much time for you to learn as you are programming student.

Here are some books that can help you:

Strengths Finder 2.0: a pristine copy includes a code you can use to take an assessment to help you find your top 5 strengths, with specific recommendations for careers that may be a good fit for you.

7 Habits of Highly Effective People:
1 Be proactive
2 Begin with the end in mind
3 Put first things first
4 Think win / win.
5 Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
6 Synergize.
7 Sharpen the saw.

What Color Is Your Parachute:
Reading this book and completing the detailed exercises can help you raise your likelihood of getting hired from about 4% (relying on resumes) to about 86%. Determining your preferred skills, work environment, and so on could help you determine if freelancing is really a good fit for you. This book could help you brainstorm gigs that make the best use of your particular talents.

Other authors to check out:
Tim Ferriss: The Four Hour Chef teaches you a method to become world class (95th percentile) in any discipline in about 6 months
Josh Kaufman: The First 20 Hours and others.
Chris Guillebeau: Side Hustle is his latest.

Good luck,
Blaise

I’m happy to see that you recognize that. I agree that you should not have a gig as a writer or proofreader since I can see that you are not able to do those things well.

I don’t know any programing language but WordPress is a future. You are heading in the right direction.
And
Everybody has skills but sometime they don’t know specially voice actor, singers, artist etc

Thanks alot for the support everybody

You are right gina but when i joined fiverr every body was saying writing is easy you should do that and now i know they were wrong its an art form whose skills i dont have

Realising this before you start is going to save you an awful lot of problems in the future. Good luck with whatever you decide to do! :slightly_smiling_face:

Good luck with your search for your place in the five or world. For me, the magic of Fiverr has been discovering things that I am uniquely good at, standing out even in a crowd of thousands and thousands of competitors. Now, looking back, it looks obvious what I was supposed to be doing on Fiverr, but I remember struggling just as you are to figure out what I would offer here. When you find it - probably through a combination of experimentation and skills development - you will stand a few inches taller.

Being bad at something doesn’t mean you can’t be successful at it. Look at Nicholas Cage.

:slight_smile:

Nicholas Cage is one of my favorite actors.