Hello! I'm new and concerned about potential scam buyers. Any tips for spotting a scammer?

Guest susiespann793

Guest susiespann793

Greetings to all! I’m new here, a writer with training in Radio and Television Communication as well as in Journalism. I received a potential offer leading to a potential client (the offer arrived while I was sleeping, which seemed a bit odd) but I am concerned about the legalities of this offer. The person is acting on the behalf of other ‘clients’ and wants me to have an active Amazon account.

I would appreciate any feedback on potential scam or illegal buyers. Any advice is welcome.

Thank you and have a lovely day!

Susiespann793

Greetings to all! I’m new here, a writer with training in Radio and Television Communication as well as in Journalism. I received a potential offer leading to a potential client (the offer arrived while I was sleeping, which seemed a bit odd) but I am concerned about the legalities of this offer. The person is acting on the behalf of other ‘clients’ and wants me to have an active Amazon account.

I would appreciate any feedback on potential scam or illegal buyers. Any advice is welcome.

Thank you and have a lovely day!

Susiespann793

the offer arrived while I was sleeping, which seemed a bit odd

I wouldn’t be too concerned by this, given that Fiverr is a global site and we all live in different timezones.

The person is acting on the behalf of other ‘clients’ and wants me to have an active Amazon account.

The likelihood is that the buyer wants you to leave fake Amazon reviews, which is against the ToS. Try to find out a bit more information to be certain. 🙂

Guest susiespann793

the offer arrived while I was sleeping, which seemed a bit odd

I wouldn’t be too concerned by this, given that Fiverr is a global site and we all live in different timezones.

The person is acting on the behalf of other ‘clients’ and wants me to have an active Amazon account.

The likelihood is that the buyer wants you to leave fake Amazon reviews, which is against the ToS. Try to find out a bit more information to be certain. 🙂

Thank you, mrproofreading. That’s what I suspected it might be but a second opinion always helps. I appreciate your time and will see if I can find out more.

Guest susiespann793

When people ask you to leave reviews or want contact away from Fiverr, then this is when you need to worry.

Thank you. This is a good guideline to follow. I’ve sent a response explaining what I will, and won’t, do. I think the response will keep things legal while retaining an open yet professional attitude.

Guest susiespann793

Warning Signs of a Potentially Troublesome Buyer

Thank you for sending the link to this article. It was very helpful.

Archived